ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use Jason Mark repel on my whites and it's more placebo effect than real protection. Doesn't affect flexibility or color at all tho
Does it not help keep dirt and grime off your shoes? I heard the midsoles are hard to clean. I wouldnt know since Ive barely worn mine.

Does it not help keep dirt and grime off your shoes? I heard the midsoles are hard to clean. I wouldnt know since Ive barely worn mine.
The midsoles have been easy enough for me to clean as long as it's just dirt, most of my pairs are still really clean but I have a pair of core blacks that I've worn a LOT and in parts, especially on the forefoot, the part of the midsole near the stretchweb has started to yellow a bit. That doesn't seem to come off w/ soap and water. Planning on eventually taking them into the Jason Markk store in LA once my other pairs (ie. all white & white/green kolors) get dirtier and hoping they can get the yellow back to white on all of them.

I'm also gonna try throwing my whites in the washing machine once the sole starts yellowing but I don't want to put the kolors in the wash cause I'm worried it will dull the green.

Can you explain why?
my right foot tends to pronate, the Pegs have a wider base, that offers more stability for my needs... I really did this to test drive the boost material which felt great...

they both feel great, dont get me wrong.. i just think for my preference, ill stick with my Pegs...but have no problem wearing my UB's all day... esp when I'm traveling cross-country for work, I'll put them on when I have a "travel day " 

yea in my case it's perfect for function and comfort, can't even feel the grooves on the bottom so there's no discomfort at all

these will be roc'd this casual friday

Last edited:
I could've gone a size up, but they fit perfect without the insole TBH. How many here rock them without the insoles?
I have a pair in my normal size (9.5) that I rock without the insoles but only because they're the kolors and I couldn't get them in a US10. I prefer the fit of the 10, but actually prefer the look of the 9.5 since my foot pushes the toe down to the ground just a tiny bit more. But my toes bump against the rubber toe cap inside the toe box on the 9.5 every now & again so it's just a little less comfy.

I can also definitely feel the grooves of the stretchweb or whatever it is when I'm wearing thinner socks in the 9.5 w/o insoles, w/ thicker socks they're not really noticeable and the thicker socks help w/ the toe box issue as well. Overall though the half size up is more comfortable and I'll probably stick with 10s from here on out when possible. Might try on a pair of the grey wool in 9.5 just to see if there's a difference in fit cause my black wools are 10s but I've heard the wools are more forgiving when worn TTS.

So the people that took out insoles bought their true size or you guys went .5 up and then still took em out?

So the people that took out insoles bought their true size or you guys went .5 up and then still took em out?
TTS & took insoles out. I've kept the insoles in all my pairs that are .5 size up. For me, going up .5 and also taking insoles out fits too loose and I start getting heel slip. It really depends on the shape of your foot and how you rock the shoe though. If you laced them tight you probably wouldn't have an issue going .5 up & taking the insoles out. Not sure there'd be any reason to do that though unless you simply wanted to "feel" the ground more.

TTS & took insoles out. I've kept the insoles in all my pairs that are .5 size up. For me, going up .5 and also taking insoles out fits too loose and I start getting heel slip. It really depends on the shape of your foot and how you rock the shoe though. If you laced them tight you probably wouldn't have an issue going .5 up & taking the insoles out. Not sure there'd be any reason to do that though unless you simply wanted to "feel" the ground more.
Cosign... hell, half size up with insoles in, I still get the slip since it's too long. Funny seeing all the white pairs of people selling because "they got the wrong size".... or they're actually just resellers idk. 

once the boost sole yellows, it won't ever revert back to white. A lot of my pure boosts are permanently yellow now lol. 

Solar reds are fire. $124 shipped from RRS with 10% cash back

People were not lying, these really are the most comfy shoes.. Beat out the huaraches. How can someone wear these then go back to basketball shoes?

UB > rocket boost & pure boost. Pure boost is a little too mushy imo. Rocket boost is firmer but higher off the ground than the UB

Last edited:

Solar reds are fire. $124 shipped from RRS with 10% cash back

People were not lying, these really are the most comfy shoes.. Beat out the huaraches. How can someone wear these then go back to basketball shoes?

UB > rocket boost & pure boost. Pure boost is a little too mushy imo. Rocket boost is firmer but higher off the ground than the UB
Exactly. UB is way too comfortable, best/most comfortable shoes for everything, period.

But other "Boost" specs aren't just up to par compared to UB. Numero Uno.

Yeah it seemed good cause its just a bit above retail with tax. I gotta meet up with the guy though kinda scared lol.

Is 220 a good price for the white UBs? Or should i wait for maybe a restock to happen.
I would go for it. My BD order for a 9.5 got cancelled and I can't find a decent price for them.

I can't get myself to drop $265 for a shoe that I technically was able to order for $165.

once the boost sole yellows, it won't ever revert back to white. A lot of my pure boosts are permanently yellow now lol. 
really curious what you guys are doing

og ultra boost been on my feet since march. harshest weather with rain, mud, everything, in germany and eastern europe. basically daily beaters

and while the midsole surely is not shiny white anymore, there is not a single trace of "yellow" i can find except maybe for some spots on the outsole between the black mesh. so the part which is abused the most

i can't be the only one that is so "lucky"? 

really curious what you guys are doing

og ultra boost been on my feet since march. harshest weather with rain, mud, everything, in germany and eastern europe. basically daily beaters

and while the midsole surely is not shiny white anymore, there is not a single trace of "yellow" i can find except maybe for some spots on the outsole between the black mesh. so the part which is abused the most

i can't be the only one that is so "lucky"? 

I have no yellowing yet on my 'beater' UB's, I've been hiking/travelling around Europe in them and in some hot climates too. No problems thus far?

i tried without insoles and with. and i cant figure out whats better. more room without the insole, but i feel the grooves on the bottom. thinking the insole is more comfy, but a tighter fit.

Back
Top Bottom