ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looks like most people are going TTS for ultra.  RRS says go up half size.  any consensus?

anyone have luck applying a coupon code for the ultras?  FTL, FNL, and EB all rejected my coupons :frown:
IMO, if you're going to train long distances (10 miles and longer) go up half-size.

Shorter distance running, walking, and casual use TTS should be fine. 

I did confirm with the adidas rep that they are working on finding a paint for the boost. She said that the boost tech is 7years in the making but once painted it degrades the material. She said they are being told they are getting closer.

Recognition of the tech was part of the early story but paint breaking down the material is what it comes down to. Had a couple of people tell me that + that they're working on adding colors, but it will take time. Can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Finally got my pair.

Can truly say they are my favorite shoe I have ever owned. It's like if I don't wear them, I look forward to changing into them once I get home.

TTS for me, by the way. But, if you have wider ankles, I'd suggest going up 1/2 a size.

Got to try on the Ultra Boosts and very nice shoe and very comfortable. Not sure you'd be able to tell the difference with the other boost runners out there but the prmeknit material is what really sets it off. The design is just overall nice, probably one of the best (if not the best) looking running shoe Adidas has ever made.

View media item 1428548

Man, the Pure Boost 2 and the Ultra Boost are looking very very good. Can't wait to pick up a pair. 

^ ^ ^

Props! Good price.

Mens sold out though and might get a pair in womens size. Is it pretty much unisex sizing?

^ ^ ^

Props! Good price.

Mens sold out though and might get a pair in womens size. Is it pretty much unisex sizing?
Might do the same.. take note conversion from women's sizing to men's is only 1 size up. 

Yah just chatted with Adidas customer support and he confirmed it as unisex and just 1 size difference.

Anyone know if Adidas improved the fit/feel of the pure boost 2.0's? My feet seem to slide forward and overpronate in the 1's. I think I need more support in the mid foot area.

Anyone know if Adidas improved the fit/feel of the pure boost 2.0's? My feet seem to slide forward and overpronate in the 1's. I think I need more support in the mid foot area.

Were you working out in these? The pure's are a lifestyle shoe. I'd go with a more conventional boost based model if you plan to exercise.

anyone have both an ultraboost and flyknit racer?

i am keen to get a pair of ultraboost but unsure of the sizing. please do not flame me if this is asked previously.

i did my homework and check through the previous pages to no avail.

TIA!

i am keen to get a pair of ultraboost but unsure of the sizing. please do not flame me if this is asked previously.

TIA!
I have both pairs. For me personally, I stay TTS for Ultra Boost (10.5) while Flyknit Racers I have to half size up (11). I have a wider foot though and because the Racers are very narrow, I have to .5 up for Racers while some people in the Flyknit thread prefer TTS. These should be available in your Foot Locker by now so just give them a try to be 100% sure.

I have both pairs. For me personally, I stay TTS for Ultra Boost (10.5) while Flyknit Racers I have to half size up (11). I have a wider foot though and because the Racers are very narrow, I have to .5 up for Racers while some people in the Flyknit thread prefer TTS. These should be available in your Foot Locker by now so just give them a try to be 100% sure.
Thanks! i am not from the states so i could not try them. Basically i have wider feet too and wear the racer in 10 because its narrow. So i guess 9.5 would work here.

Thanks again!

TIA!

I have both. My FK Racers are 10, Ultra Boosts are 10.5.

Half-size up for the UBs only because I train with them for long/slow distance runs where my feet are sure to swell at the end of 10, 13, 16 miles.

FK Racers are strictly for casual use, so TTS. Too pretty to ruin hehehe.

I'm also a wide-footer.

I hope this helps a bit.

TIA!
Use the search function. It's a lot more efficient.

Sizing on the Ultra Boosts--get the same size as your Energy Boost 2.

For those without EB2s...

- If you want a "1:1" snug fit (not recommended for actual running) get your true Nike size

- If you want a comfortable fit with adequate room between the end of your toe and end of shoe, go .5 size up from your true Nike size.

- If you like extra room (approx. 1/2 inch) or are unable to go up half size, get a full size up from your true Nike size

The bootie keeps your heel contained (casually) even with the laces untied or even removed. I'm a true size 14. There's no 14.5 for me, so a size 15 worked best. Keep in mind that your feet swell as the day goes on and elongate slightly. If you use these for running, you should know that your feet swell even more (and the common recommendation is to have a thumb's width of room between the end of your toe and the end of the shoe).

These are one of the most comfortable Adidas shoes I've ever worn. The primeknit upper is fantastic, zero hotspots. The full-length boost is slightly firmer when compared to the EB2, but feels more supportive and stable vs the slightly "mushy" feeling of the EB2's boost.

Best running shoe ever? Who's to say? But it's pretty awesome.

No regrets paying $167 for these. I will be on the lookout for good CWs
smokin.gif

Were you working out in these? The pure's are a lifestyle shoe. I'd go with a more conventional boost based model if you plan to exercise.
no, def not working out in them. I was just walking around casually and noticed my ankles would roll inward a little more than my other shoes. they didn't feel snug enough also.

Last edited:
Got ultra boost today.

Went TTS
Flyknit racer 12.5, Stan smith 12.5, these 12.5

Will wear rest of week. Real test will be tomorrow on the track. I like them tho from just trying on and such.

gotta say...

boost have BY FAR the best impact control on ANY running tech. stability, ride, shock absorption... ALL on point. 

gonna need to grab another pair of energy boosts asap. current pair is literally on its last thread :frown:

Back
Top Bottom