ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No two pairs are the same as far as the ankle bit is concerned.  I have inconsistencies in all mine.

Yeah the cushioning tends to vary, not just a mens v womens size issue. I think it probably has more to do with when the shoes were made, your two pairs are likely from two different production runs.

The size difference would account for the weight difference though.
word. my women's white ub's have the same cushioning as my women's og so i assumed that's where the difference lies. guess it's just luck of the draw. 
I'll take a closer look at my pairs tonight, but I'm pretty sure my two womens pairs have slightly different padding around the collar, similar to the differences in your pics.

so my sweatshop order of the og ub's came in today. now i have a women's 9 and men's 8.5. everyone's been saying the women and men's versions are the same shoe outside of the sizing, but i actually did notice a fairly significant difference. the men's shoe has a bit more foam cushioning at the ankle. it's a little thicker, and runs a tiny bit longer than the women's pair. i also got really curious/bored and decided to find out the difference in weights. the men's shoe weighs more by just under an ounce, or a few grams. it's not a huge deal to me, but that extra bit of foam does feel more luxurious.  anyways, here are some ****** phone pics trying to show the differences.

womens left / mens right

food scale comparison lol
Wow never seen anyone weigh their shoes. That extra weight going to slow you down when qualifying for the Olympics?

so my sweatshop order of the og ub's came in today. now i have a women's 9 and men's 8.5. everyone's been saying the women and men's versions are the same shoe outside of the sizing, but i actually did notice a fairly significant difference. the men's shoe has a bit more foam cushioning at the ankle. it's a little thicker, and runs a tiny bit longer than the women's pair. i also got really curious/bored and decided to find out the difference in weights. the men's shoe weighs more by just under an ounce, or a few grams. it's not a huge deal to me, but that extra bit of foam does feel more luxurious.  anyways, here are some ****** phone pics trying to show the differences.

womens left / mens right
View media item 1794192

food scale comparison lol
View media item 1794194
View media item 1794196

Sorry, don't have an answer; just have a question.

Did the pair from Sweatshop smell funky? I got some black Palace Pure Boosts and they smell so weird. Nothing like that "new pair" smell. Musty as all hell.

What are the differences between the wool and knit black ultra?
They're both primeknit. The regular primeknit is made of nylon/polyester, the wool primeknit is too but also has wool threads in it so it's a bit warmer, not quite as breathable. It's also a little bit darker in color than the regular blacks. The wool also has a bit of a fuzzy look when you're up close but on feet you can't really tell. A lot of people don't like the wools due to the fuzziness but I have both the reg. black and wool black and they're equally dope to me. I only break the wools out when it's chilly out though as they are just the slightest bit warmer than the regs.

They're both primeknit. The regular primeknit is made of nylon/polyester, the wool primeknit is too but also has wool threads in it so it's a bit warmer, not quite as breathable. It's also a little bit darker in color than the regular blacks. The wool also has a bit of a fuzzy look when you're up close but on feet you can't really tell. A lot of people don't like the wools due to the fuzziness but I have both the reg. black and wool black and they're equally dope to me. I only break the wools out when it's chilly out though as they are just the slightest bit warmer than the regs.
Ahh I didn't realize that they were both knit. For the wool vs. Nonwool what are the differences? I'm trying to figure out if the silver and black on footlocker right now are both the Nonwool versions

Ahh I didn't realize that they were both knit. For the wool vs. Nonwool what are the differences? I'm trying to figure out if the silver and black on footlocker right now are both the Nonwool versions
Telling the difference between the reg. black and wool black is easy because the wool pairs have a red insole and red torsion tab in the outsole. The nonwools have black insoles (I've heard some pairs have yellow insoles too) and a yellow torsion tab in the outsole. The difference between the Silver LTD & Grey wools is trickier because they both have the same color red torsion tab and the stock photos for the Silver LTD are almost always incorrect, especially on FTL (these are more accurate photos: http://www.adidas.com/us/ultra-boost-ltd-shoes/S77517.html). I don't own the Silver LTDs but I believe they have a black insole as opposed to the Grey wool which have a red insole.

Style codes are your safest bet though

Black nonwool: S77417

Black wool: S77516

Silver LTD (nonwool): S77517

Grey wool: S77515

Sorry, don't have an answer; just have a question.

Did the pair from Sweatshop smell funky? I got some black Palace Pure Boosts and they smell so weird. Nothing like that "new pair" smell. Musty as all hell.
lol nah, mine smell normal. guess you got the authentic sweatshop fragrance.

Wow never seen anyone weigh their shoes. That extra weight going to slow you down when qualifying for the Olympics?
ha. like i said, bored/curious. figured this might be a good place to geek out on this type of thing.

Hey guys.  Not sure if you saw, but Dave Chappelle is in the UB fam!  I wonder if he wears the wools too or if they're too fuzzy for him.  Anyways, here's a pic I took of him after I sat next to him at a matinee of Good Dinosaur.

Pretty sure the guy next to him is Ronnie Fieg.  

We shared a popcorn.  

Hey guys.  Not sure if you saw, but Dave Chappelle is in the UB fam!  I wonder if he wears the wools too or if they're too fuzzy for him.  Anyways, here's a pic I took of him after I sat next to him at a matinee of Good Dinosaur.

We shared a popcorn.  

We shared a popcorn.  
Does he prefer butter or artificial butter topping?

Looks like my black jeans have started to stain my White UBs a bit. Does anyone know how I can get it out? Was thinking just a little bit of dawn and water but not sure if anyone had experience with removing the stains.

Was able to pick up two pairs of Energy Boost 2 ESMs for $75 each at my local Adidas Outlet. They didn't have the best colors available but I'm happy with my purchase none the less. It was a BOGO 50% off so I had to cop

Did he put #YouCantBuyThese on this pic too? Hope people start tagging him in all their pics of the Wool LTD when they drop.

Did he put #YouCantBuyThese on this pic too? Hope people start tagging him in all their pics of the Wool LTD when they drop.
He's an idiot. I called him out for making it seem like a Continental collab based on his comment as Continental Tire x Ultra Boost and he deleted my comment. BAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom