ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
after a indoor training session with the ultra boosts, i think i'm going to return them in favor of flyknit lunar 3's. i'm not overly impressed by the comfort, functionality or weight.
i had the opposite reaction but im keeping both. 

Initial and quick review of UltraBoost after 3 runs on the treadmill.

View media item 1447841

Let's start with the bad. It's hard to explain but there is definitely heel slippage on my pair and that is coming from a guy who sized down half when everyone else were staying tts or even sizing up half. The heel slippage only happens on faster runs, on walks of even slow jogs it is almost unnoticeable. The shoe is definitely snug on me for sure but if I were to try and guess what causes the heel slippage, it is probably that the primeknit is too pliable all over the place so your foot kind of pushes forward and stretches more than it should so it feel like the heel slips a bit? I think if the toe part of the primeknit were knitted tighter and less pliable, there wouldn't be this heel slip. Maybe the rear cushion could be tightened a bit? Again I am not 100% sure that is why but that would be my guess?

The next con is the rubber they used for the sole, while the web sole is great for heel to toe transition and flexibility, the rubber used is simply too soft. I've ran maybe 20 miles total in the treadmill, 3 times and the rubber were shredding already. See the pics below and you'll see what seems to be some rubber shavings and you'll see the little nubs on the sole are worn out. I can't imagine this shoes lasting too long at all sadly.

View media item 1447842

Now those are the major cons, the heel slippage is livable since I am a casual runner so it isn't a big deal. For those who run competitively and such, this can still be on regular run days. Now for the goods!

The obvious parts. Shoes is breathable, not much to be said. Wear white socks and you will literally see them through the upper. Speaking of the primeknit upper, the bootie single upper design is great, gives a real lockdown feel, almost too snug on the top so be aware of that if you have a high instep like I do. I think it'll eventually stretch and it'll be great. I know this kind of contradicts my reason for why there may be heel slippage but overall it is a snug fit that feels locked down but when doing faster runs it does moves a bit while still feeling locked where your shoe wouldn't necessarily come off. I am not sure if that makes sense. lol

The boost sole is very comfortable, really up there with cushioning in the game. It is simply great, not much needs to be said.

Speaking boost, it is hard to explain but I do believe it does work. As a disclaimer, this may be a placebo effect, I will test if further but this is my experience. I tend to run on a treadmill at a steady pace of 5-5.5 mph and when I do it in the UB, I feel like I was running on a 4mph speed, like I am going faster than I usually do on the same setting I run in every day. I guess the energy return and extra bounce does propel me a bit more so I feel like I am moving faster so as a result I had to bump the mph to 6.5-7 to feel like I am running my usual steady pace. I think this is something that you can only measure on a treadmill, I doubt I'd be able to tell on outdoor runs unless I time myself and measure my runs intensively, this was just easier to measure on the treadmill and was quite surprised. I'll say it again though, might be a placebo effect but I did find the experience very interesting to say the least.

Well I hope that's my brief review of the UB so far, it isn't a perfect shoe but still a very good one at that especially if you are like the others who doesn't experience heel slippage then the shoe will be much better for you.

View media item 1447843

Awesome review. I'm getting mine in tmr and fingers crossed i don't experience heel slippage. Tried them in store and i did feel the foot pushing forward almost naturally and the flexible upper did nothing to lock the foot in place.

Looking for a good outdoor shoe, the UB is an option but like others have said, super pricey.

Im very curious on trying out a Boost shoe, any recommendations for a midfoot striker, neutral runner? Right now indoors im using the Flyknit Lunar 3's and before thst was the Pegasus 30.

Check out those Energy Boosts that's been on sale at Finishlines and Footlockers, some are getting them for $50-$70 so it won't hurt the pockets to try out. Just read the past 2-3 pages, plenty of new pick-ups for cheap.

If there is a Macys nearby, check out the FInishline store inside there too, I've seen some Energy Boosts in random sizes for $40-$60.

It's hard to explain, the Pegasus sole feels more dense feeling less soft but still responsive while the Boost is just both soft and responsive and bouncy. Both are very comfortable to me, it's just one those things you got to try on to experience.

missed ruleofnext 20% off...

anyone know where i can score the ultra boost below retail?

edit: http://tres-bien.com/adidas-originals/ulta-boost-black

should be 152 shipped.

but they dont have my size 11 
tired.gif

Last edited:
^ Roadrunner sports

Anyway
The Pegasus 31 takes some break in time but after a few runs, it's great. Really impressed me. The UB is more right away

If I had to pick I would get the 31s, if only for casual use though mostly I'd go UB all day. But both are great. I prefer working out in the Pegasus 31 tho

after a indoor training session with the ultra boosts, i think i'm going to return them in favor of flyknit lunar 3's. i'm not overly impressed by the comfort, functionality or weight.

IMO Boost is in every way better than Lunar.

It's everything Zoom Air is minus the weight, and including durability.

How are those compared to Pegasus? I cold get Peg 31's for relatively cheap, but im very curious on Boost tech.

Get the 31 homie. My girl copped me the QS pair from RRS and I love it. Zoom air will always be the best cushioning for physical activity. Lunar bottoms out too quick for me. Not as responsive either

^ Roadrunner sports

Anyway
The Pegasus 31 takes some break in time but after a few runs, it's great. Really impressed me. The UB is more right away

If I had to pick I would get the 31s, if only for casual use though mostly I'd go UB all day. But both are great. I prefer working out in the Pegasus 31 tho
roadrunner excludes the CX15B068 20% code. its pre-order also they won ship til 3/23

i have an adidas code for 20% but i think boost products are excluded on that also 
mean.gif
. i dunno if they would honor it instore.

I have not heard of boost bottoming out so far.

Pegasus 31 is a great running shoes and it really does keep improving year after year. It's probably Nikes best cushioned running shoes right now too. Can't go wrong with it at all. Boost are just a different feel, the cushioning feels quite unique from the Zoom Air. Again it really is something you have to try on and experience yourself.

I too fear the bottom rubber wearing way too fat. I only wear my solar red UB on a treadmill and the forefoot is already showing way too much wear. IMO. I have probably worn them 6 times so far. Less than 25 miles.

kriss-van-assche-adidas-ultra-boost.jpg

"Just because the adidas Ultra Boost is the "greatest running sneaker ever" doesn't mean that it can't have a little fun.

The sneaker will aim more towards lifestyle wear with these upcoming pairs, created in collaboration with Belgian designer Kriss Van Assche. The two pairs both have an argyle look towards the toe, which is the only real material switch up that seems to have been made. They do still have Boost on bottom, so there's no reason that one couldn't run in either of these.

adidas hasn't officially announced a release date for the Kriss Van Assche x adidas Ultra Boost collaborations, but expect the duo to show up in stores this summer." - Sole Collector

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom