ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got my royals from sweatshop today!
Was checking them out and the color looks great.

One thing I did notice while inspecting the shoe. The sole looks like it was used. I got my other UB I haven't worn yet and you can tell that the royals were worn. Plus there was some sort of dirt. I also combared it to a UB I've worn a few times. The wear seems to match up. Maybe people were trying them on in store? Don't know if I should even email them or care. It was a good deal. But I did want something new.

I've had this same thing happen a couple times. One pair showed up w/ slightly dirty outsole on just one shoe, probably the display pair, the other pair showed up with both outsoles a little dirty & even a little lint on the insole. Otherwise both pairs were totally clean.

In both cases I emailed the stores w/ pictures & complained and both times they refunded part of my purchase (10% off for one, shipping refunded for the other). Ended up only paying like $130 for a pair of Kolors this way (black Friday deal + "damage" discount).

Might seem petty to complain since they were already a great deal in both cases for me, but like you said, you expected something new, not almost new.

I think the ST might look good un-caged. Anybody have a pair and willing to do it? lol :nerd:

Last edited:
I think the ST might look good un-caged. Anybody have a pair and willing to do it? lol :nerd:

Haven't heard of a single person buying them on here.

They're ugly to me but probably a great running shoe.

I've never seen a UB actually improved by uncaging.

Yeah the ST was designed to add more stability and prevent the foot from pronating which is a problem a lot of runners have. The boost is multi-density so supposedly has a different feel than regular UBs. The fit is also suppose to be different as the toebox area isn't as shallow (no more toes poking up in the toebox) so prob fits more true to size than UBs which a lot of folks size up in. I don't like the design but as a runner I may give them a try. Can't see them being better than UBs though.

Yeah the ST was designed to add more stability and prevent the foot from pronating which is a problem a lot of runners have. The boost is multi-density so supposedly has a different feel than regular UBs. The fit is also suppose to be different as the toebox area isn't as shallow (no more toes poking up in the toebox) so prob fits more true to size than UBs which a lot of folks size up in. I don't like the design but as a runner I may give them a try. Can't see them being better than UBs though.

Yeah for sure. ST = stability. You can see they also have a different torsion system, with a much bigger tab on the inside of the heel.

I think it's funny a spot like sneaker politics is even carrying them. Expected them to only pop up at running/athletic shops.

I've only ever seen one on foot picture of them, was waiting to see more wondering if they'd change my mind.

I've had this same thing happen a couple times. One pair showed up w/ slightly dirty outsole on just one shoe, probably the display pair, the other pair showed up with both outsoles a little dirty & even a little lint on the insole. Otherwise both pairs were totally clean.

In both cases I emailed the stores w/ pictures & complained and both times they refunded part of my purchase (10% off for one, shipping refunded for the other). Ended up only paying like $130 for a pair of Kolors this way (black Friday deal + "damage" discount).

Might seem petty to complain since they were already a great deal in both cases for me, but like you said, you expected something new, not almost new.

Thanks for the advice [emoji]128591[/emoji] I shot them a email. Waiting on reply.
It's just agitating.

I picked up the HB Ultra Boost on Friday... I posted it in the wrong thread... They are pretty nice but I bought them mostly for the NFC Chip and the new Continental Outsole... Supposedly they were extremely limited less than 2k pairs available to the public the place I went to had 9 pairs available to the public which was very surprising... I'm honestly not to fond of the look but UB's are very comfortable and this Colorway should be easy to maintain and upkeep plus I dig the technology embedded into the shoe...

View media item 1836092
View media item 1836091
View media item 1836093
View media item 1836095

Those are nice, do you have any other ultraboost? I wonder how similar the primeknit looks compared to the "OG's".

Wish i could say the HB Ultras were looking better but to me even the on foot pics look terrible.

Talcs & Highsnobiety Charcoals, thats what I'm waiting on.

been checking a few pages and didn't see much, but anyone know how NMDs fit? ??

Most on here and IG have said .5 down. There have been a couple of comments saying TTS, but the majority was .5 down. I went down .5 but have not received NMDs yet so can't personally comment.

I picked up the HB Ultra Boost on Friday... I posted it in the wrong thread... They are pretty nice but I bought them mostly for the NFC Chip and the new Continental Outsole... Supposedly they were extremely limited less than 2k pairs available to the public the place I went to had 9 pairs available to the public which was very surprising... I'm honestly not to fond of the look but UB's are very comfortable and this Colorway should be easy to maintain and upkeep plus I dig the technology embedded into the shoe...

View media item 1836092
View media item 1836091
View media item 1836093
View media item 1836095

Still not a fan but what is this digital technology you mentioned?

Still not a fan but what is this digital technology you mentioned?

The round disc on the tongue is the NFC chip your smart phone reads it to receive weekly update from Hypebeast & Adidas webpages. Kinda cool but abit of a gimmick if you ask me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom