ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Call you local Adidas store and see if they have these sitting.
do not have a local adidas, or any store that got them. my local mall only gets most popular jordans and the very very gr ultra boost/nmd's. never seen a pk nmd local and only UB have been cb 3.0 and red/olive uncaged. 

my parleys came in. They dont fit too bad, but they have one hell of a banana toe
roll.gif
i guess thats better than a camel toe! 
roll.gif

do not have a local adidas, or any store that got them. my local mall only gets most popular jordans and the very very gr ultra boost/nmd's. never seen a pk nmd local and only UB have been cb 3.0 and red/olive uncaged. 
Damn that sucks. We had parleys sitting caged/uncaged in the Bay.

Guess you gotta buy both sizes and see what you prefer.

If I were to buy them, I would stay the same as my 3.0 size, but I'm sure the ones who actually have them and tried them on may tell you otherwise.

Don't disagree, just find it odd/hard to believe Adidas or any corporate entity for that matter would incur an increase in production expenses while not passing on that cost to the consumer.

My view was not solely based on my preference of knit.

Because popularity and volume sold is expected to increase. It's reasonable to assume they would update the model with better and different materials to appeal to a wider audience.

And most of the premium UBs do have an increased cost. This is why all the LTD versions retail at 200, not 180.

1.0 knit might be the fav on this sub, but they're not marketing to this sub, they're marketing to the entire consumer base who just wants a premium shoe worthy of 180 bucks regardless of the previous versions knit pattern.

Also, 1.0s didn't have the continental sole, so that licensing cost didn't even exist for the first UBs. It's not crazy to think 3.0s costs more than 1.0s to manufacture. Retail price for consumers have always been 180, tho.

Last edited:
Surprised the CB Leather Cages are kind of sitting in places and are at pretty much retail on StockX. They are one of the best 3.0s IMO.

you go with size 10? 

wanting to cop but hear sizing all over the place. im a 10 in 1.0/2.0 and both my 3.0 are 9.5(Mystery grey&black). don tknow if i should try 9.5 or go with 10 because of all the tight comments. 
i went down 1/2 size on my RC 3.0 s.  toebox is still roomy,  but collar is nice and tight.

i went  TTS on my parleys and  all my 1.0s.  i dig that snug sock feel.

Last edited:

Love this color way, not a fan of iniki comfort but for $120 cant really complain
wut 
nerd.gif

was this from the NYC Adidas store? I heard they had gotten some in. I should've checked it out since Im only a train away
sick.gif
 One of the best Inikis imo . . . Lucky as hell

What's your setup if you don't mind me asking? I am transitioning from specialized to cannondale right now.

i came from a cannondale caad10 to specialized last year when my team decided to offer me and some gear to race for them! Loved my caad10 and enjoying the current setup too!

52cm specialized venge
Sram etap groupset
Sworks Quarq power meter and sworks 53/39 chainrings
Hed belgium+ Rims hand built to DT240s hubs
Look Keo Ti pedals
Fizik Arione R1
EE cycleworks brakeset
easton TKO 40cm bars
3t ARX 120mm stem

View media item 2436746

you go with size 10? 

wanting to cop but hear sizing all over the place. im a 10 in 1.0/2.0 and both my 3.0 are 9.5(Mystery grey&black). don tknow if i should try 9.5 or go with 10 because of all the tight comments. 

I went with a 9.5 for these. They're good length wise but the collar is just a little tight. Id be interested to see how a 10 fit, but im not really concerned about it.

i guess thats better than a camel toe! :rofl:

:rofl:

The UB clima reminds me of the naked UB because of the cage. I know the clima the cage looked like it's built into the PK and the naked's the cage is pk

Man I have so many nice sneakers that have just been sitting in boxes since last year as I have moved on to more current releases. Just wondering, what are some of the nicer sneakers you guys have but rarely wear for whatever reason?

Man I have so many nice sneakers that have just been sitting in boxes since last year as I have moved on to more current releases. Just wondering, what are some of the nicer sneakers you guys have but rarely wear for whatever reason?
Yeezys lmao 

Anybody know a site that has sz 9 in the caged parlays? Doesn't look like a size swap is gonna happen so I may just send mine back and try to buy a 9

My understanding is that the difference in cost is not that significant. The changes made to the UB upper have to do with performance more than anything else.

was about to say the same thing.

I find it hard to believe Adidas would create a more 'expensive' product and produce it at quintuple (conservative arbitrary number) the rate and still charge $180. this is also barring the fact that they are using continental soles instead of nubs. (unless they have always been using continental rubber but just didn't market it)

The cost difference in thread between primeknits styles is minimal. Technically one model may cost more than others, but it's nominal (i.e. pennies). Knit shoes are less expensive to make then leather uppers, due to material cost differences, and labor. Certain types of thread may cost more due to the licensing fees, example a 3M reflective thread. Seamless technology is in a lot of products out there like sheets, socks, and tights. Adidas and Nike just killed it but putting it into shoes. You argueably get a more comfortable shoe at a lower cost.

On a shoe like this and in the volumes Adidas purchases it may be a buck a shoe. For comparison purchases retro Jordans cost under $30-35 landed to manufacture. These are less expensive. Take into account Adidas and Nike's costs aren't in the manufacturing processes but their SG&A expenses.

This is a fairly well done marketing video of making an ultraboost, many others are on YouTube.

Last edited:
I wonder if adidas is going to give us what we want (E.G. More 1.0 patterned pairs) once the hype dies down

Back
Top Bottom