ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what I've heard the original ACE colorways were more snug due to some inliner/cage it had on the top area of the foot which made people go half size up?

I've seen it mentioned that the recent colorways doesn't have that system installed and TTS is fine.
Yes correct, the black & volt Colorway had some sort of inner, pretty stiff cage that you could cut our pretty easily since it was only attached to the knit on some points and not glued. After removing the cage they felt like the UB 1.0 pattern – very breathable and pretty stretchy knit. Still my favorite comfort-wise.

From the mint CW on they made the toe box stiffer, yet roomier especially for wide feet. I wouldn´t call it a cage but it´s like a padding, still not sure if i like it or not.

I have all ACE models and for me personally i stayed true to size with all the last 5 models. I do not recommend to size down from your normal size though since they`d feel just too snug for a whole day wear!

However you can take the insoles out (like in all UBs) which gives you a good amount of extra space!

The Ace16 Purecontrols were overhauled fit-wise after the 2nd colorway, while keeping the exact same look.

- The OG black and Yellow Volt colorways did not have an inner cage in the forefoot, so the toe box area was similar feeling to 1.0 UB's.  The upper area (top of the foot and close to the ankle) had an inner cage.

- All colors since the Volt added an inner cage in the forefoot area which is much stiffer and resembles the feel of Yeezy V2's, but ditched the upper area inner cage.

Yes correct, the black & volt Colorway had some sort of inner, pretty stiff cage that you could cut our pretty easily since it was only attached to the knit on some points and not glued. After removing the cage they felt like the UB 1.0 pattern – very breathable and pretty stretchy knit. Still my favorite comfort-wise.

From the mint CW on they made the toe box stiffer, yet roomier especially for wide feet. I wouldn´t call it a cage but it´s like a padding, still not sure if i like it or not.

I have all ACE models and for me personally i stayed true to size with all the last 5 models. I do not recommend to size down from your normal size though since they`d feel just too snug for a whole day wear!

However you can take the insoles out (like in all UBs) which gives you a good amount of extra space!
So basically from Volt CW on they just moved the inner caged closer to the forefoot area as opposed to  the medial part of the shoe?

Which would you guys prefer? I just remember from Volt and before folks were reporting ACE being super tight (narrow).

I don't understand miadidas sign up. I never signed up for it before and it says I already have? 
Were you using the affiliate link that was going around? Because I had that problem too, but when I clicked the link through the email from ADC, I was able to enter.

So basically from Volt CW on they just moved the inner caged closer to the forefoot area as opposed to  the medial part of the shoe?

Which would you guys prefer? I just remember from Volt and before folks were reporting ACE being super tight (narrow).
Correct.  OG Black and Volt Yellow fit very differently from colors AFTER Volt.

Mind you, me being size 13/14, I've only tried on the OG Black in a size 13 sample and the Kith's in 13.

I think the coolest CW of the ACE are the Grey Camo's

That heel cup is a super nice and subtle touch

I feel the opposite that digi camo pattern is super corny to me and the application was really poorly done so almost every pair I've seen had a lot of flaws around the "ultra boost" lettering.

I feel the opposite that digi camo pattern is super corny to me and the application was really poorly done so almost every pair I've seen had a lot of flaws around the "ultra boost" lettering.
Would you feel differently if the application was done well and there weren't flaws?

Or do you just not like the pattern overall

I agree that the digi camo is a little corny when done on other pairs of shoes but IMO the fact that it's pretty subtle on that pair is what makes it for me

Would you feel differently if the application was done well and there weren't flaws?
Or do you just not like the pattern overall

I agree that the digi camo is a little corny when done on other pairs of shoes but IMO the fact that it's pretty subtle on that pair is what makes it for me

Nah the poor application just adds to my dislike, I still wouldn't like them if the application was perfect. I don't hate all digi camo just the pattern they used on the Aces is corny to me.

Correct.  OG Black and Volt Yellow fit very differently from colors AFTER Volt.

Mind you, me being size 13/14, I've only tried on the OG Black in a size 13 sample and the Kith's in 13.
Cool thanks for confirmation.

Wasn't really a fan of these but the on-feet that I've seen for the red limit pair and champagne look pretty good. 

Yeah I think the grey camo pair would be much nicer with a white heel cup or something.

Anyway here's the inner padding difference between Volt/Core Black vs the newer color ways.

They pretty much just reversed the padding on the newer color ways. Much less breathable imo, since the fabric kinda feels like nubuck/suede. Still really comfortable.

Last edited:

Yeah I think the grey camo pair would be much nicer with a white heel cup or something.

Anyway here's the inner padding difference between Volt/Core Black vs the newer color ways.

They pretty much just reversed the padding on the newer color ways. Much less breathable imo, since the fabric kinda feels like nubuck/suede. Still really comfortable.
This paint mockup is spot on.

Once everyone starts getting their PureControls in, I'll put a Page 1 sizing for them if there ends up being a general consensus.

So far though it looks like 1.0/2.0 size or 5sz down from that if you are concerned about length.
for me the purecontrol ultra boost is half size down than normal boost. and i got a few for sale 

Nah I don't recommend sizing down on Aces, too tight around midfoot. I also def don't recommend sizing up, too much toe room. They're TTS

Back
Top Bottom