ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boost was created for runners. I believe Ben in the interview. They really did not expect the UB to become as fashionable as quick as it did. I think they knew that it would pick up steam at some point based on the performance of Flyknit Racers and such, but I think it truly has exceeded everyone's expectations in regards to the sneaker/fashion world.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/adidas-...ts-fortunes-with-kanye-west-launch-1440085493

Adidas hopes the tactic will add allure to the rest of its product line. “Only a very limited number of people who want the new shoes will be able to get them,” a spokeswoman for Adidas said. “But they might buy other Adidas pairs.”
Just saying...This isn't an accident or purely "luck." They're paying some very smart people a lot of money. It worked. 

What are the chances that the original releases get re-released with the continental sole? I'm thinking not very likely, but hoping they do. 

Last edited:

What are the chances that the original releases get re-released with the continental sole? I'm thinking not very likely, but hoping they do. 
Been discussed a bit here many pages back but I think they'll do a colorway that sort of references the OG black/purp but not an exact replica.

We're already getting a redone all white, GS sizes have started popping already and men's are supposedly coming in May.

We're supposedly getting a full core black w/ black boost midsole in the spring too.

So the answer is sort of yes and no, we're getting colorways that are super close to the OGs but not exact recreations w/ continental sole slapped on em. At least not yet.

this is what i want. the OG is my favorite CW of the UB. ive worn mine to death and will continue until the knit starts tearing.

I feel like the closest you'll get is that sample shoe that's on the Mystery Grey boxes.

Been discussed a bit here many pages back but I think they'll do a colorway that sort of references the OG black/purp but not an exact replica.

We're already getting a redone all white, GS sizes have started popping already and men's are supposedly coming in May.

We're supposedly getting a full core black w/ black boost midsole in the spring too.

So the answer is sort of yes and no, we're getting colorways that are super close to the OGs but not exact recreations w/ continental sole slapped on em. At least not yet.
Thanks, this thread moves really fast and I must have missed that. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/adidas-...ts-fortunes-with-kanye-west-launch-1440085493

Just saying...This isn't an accident or purely "luck." They're paying some very smart people a lot of money. It worked. 
Go back and look at the marketing from the release period. Theres truth to what your both saying, the UB started as a pure performance runner but it gained a little traction as a street shoe for a range of reasons the "very smart people being paid a lot of money" did a great job of fanning the flames of hype once it got rolling.

Like most things in life it was equal parts acumen and luck.

Thanks, this thread moves really fast and I must have missed that. 
Yeah no worries, definitely too many pages to keep up with everything.

i get what youre saying, but im pretty sure from the get-go they never had these expectations or plans.

then when the OG 750 dropped in February they saw the impact and said lets try this with other shoes we have.

they pretty much took Nike's model of Jordans and restocks and have applied it to UBs.

dope collection
smokin.gif
I dont know why but I am not really feeling the MG´s, wools>

i pulled the trigger on $235 for creams.
reasonable price

dope collection:smokin I dont know why but I am not really feeling the MG´s, wools>

Thanks!! I was on the fence about the MG's but after getting them, they surprisingly look pretty nice. It looks to have the wool material but the primeknit color is what gives it that "wool" look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom