ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Has anyone bought from Saints before? Is it legit? They have one of my personal grails in my size, the Royal UB but I've never heard of them before... Any reviews?? 
eyes.gif

they are legit but contact them first to see how long or if the shoe is in stock before ordering, a fellow NTer got burgundy through them 

Also, just so everyone knows:

Pure Boost/Boost Raw/Boost 2.0 = All Boost, little to not support at all

Ultra Boost = All Boost but more support, as seen and felt with plastic piece in inner heel boost

Ultra Boost ST = All Boost, but more support in heel with a larger plastic support piece in inner heel.

Also, just so everyone knows:

Pure Boost/Boost Raw/Boost 2.0 = All Boost, little to not support at all

Ultra Boost = All Boost but more support, as seen and felt with plastic piece in inner heel boost

Ultra Boost ST = All Boost, but more support in heel with a larger plastic support piece in inner heel.
Sorry if this is off topic, but how about these? I'm a little out of the loop nowadays, TIA.

I don't see any boost just from the outside, but not sure...

View media item 2000054

Well yea... Those are the top runner shoe companies among runners.
Sure, my point was that despite all the Boost hype in the sneaker market, I don't see that impacting the kings of the running world very much.  Some of it may be price, but in theory the cushioning in UBs should not wear out like other shoes, allowing you to wear them for more miles assuming the upper and sole hold up.  To me it's more of the design not necessarily being a fit for what's popular today.  So many of my running friends have gone to minimalist, low drop shoes that they would never consider the UB at this point.  I do think that runners are on the lookout for new tech and will embrace it if it works, but UBs are made for more of an old school running style.  I was a ground pounding heel-striker in my marathoning days, so I would have been interested.  But I ran in stability shoes and even the STs probably wouldn't have been enough support for my flat feet.  Another issue is traction which still hasn't really been resolved even with the Conti soles.  They're really not good in the wet, especially if you add some leaves or pinestraw on the pavement.  Never had any similar problems when I ran  with Asics or Mizuno.  
I got what you meant. IMO, the average joe doesn't know the companies you listed lead the "real runners" market.  Sure we see professionals running in Nike products etc, but they're also probably being compensated well.  I don't think the average consumer is willing to throw down $150+ on shoes in general and in their eyes, the Swoosh on the side is "good enough" for them or is the gold standard in their eyes per se. Not because it is, but it's the brand familiarity/recognition. Kinda like Bose. They're certainly not the best, but growing up, you'd hear how great they were all the time. Truth be told they're pretty average. Not saying they're crap, but I sure wouldn't classify them as upper echelon, that's for sure.

If you've never heard of Newton, Brooks, or things like that, you're probably aren't going to purchase it either. Hell, maybe with the younger generation they're aware of UBs because of the Kanye's and Kardashians of the world, but I'm go to be slightly presumptuous and assume the vast majority of people in my age bracket (the 35+ and olders) ...  couldn't point a pair of Flyknit Racers or UBs if it was in front of their face. To a lot, everything is either Jordan or Air Max in their little world
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I agree with you man. I think we both agree with the basic premise that Adidas definitely has elevated their presence and status over the past 12-18 months we will probably just agree to disagree over whether it has impacted the Nike brand in the lifestyle market in a significant manner based on numbers, Market share, sales, stock price, etc. I've enjoyed a good debate in this thread.
Here's your impact.  

http://hypetrak.com/2016/02/yeezy-i...n-nikes-overall-sales-are-down-adidas-climbs/

And a more thorough analysis of the impact.  

http://amigobulls.com/articles/adidas-stock-is-currently-the-best-pick-in-its-sector

A few things to note about what why Adidas is the future that you have overlooked.  I'll mention it again, Nike only recently lost many of it's top designers to Adidas.  We have yet to see the impact that will have on Nike but the cracks are showing based on the data.  In the meantime Nike has failed to generate anything new of any significance in the design department with the exception of the auto-lacing technology which was developed before these designers left.  You are wrongly assuming that Adidas can't sustain the momentum generated and on top of that discounting that the momentum is as big as it seems.  As stated in the first article, the Adidas Ultra Boost was the best selling running shoe of the past 12 months.  Add to that the fact that Adidas is the most hyped on social networking and it's obvious Nike will loose it's hold in dollars if they don't respond with something significant.  The people who were best equipped to develop that significant response are now sitting in the design room at Adidas.  

Here's a demographic breakdown of what's going on here.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/nikes-the-team-captain-but-adidas-is-mvp-1460992286

It shows brand preference changing in the younger demographics, a key factor in changing Nike's market share.  You now have a generation without any nostalgia for Nike and a generation that will follow hype which Adidas is generating more of.  Another point not yet made about Nike's gigantic sales figures is that they sell a lot across many categories including golf, soccer, skateboarding, etc.  If you were to strip away all that and simply look at which new silhouette is selling better than anything then that is the Adidas Ultra Boost.  The retro hype can only carry those Nike sales figures for so long.  Again Adidas is the future, and not just because the Ultra Boost seems popular.  It actually is very popular, and it's not the last revolutionary design Adidas can make to peel away Nike's customer base.  

Looking for a pair of grey wools in a size 8 for retail or a little over. Much help is appreciated.

Was offered High Snob's for a pair of Creams and couldn't pass up the deal! After months of searching for Creams at a decent price.. I was sad to let em go but man.. the loving the quality on these HS's. Will have to hunt down another pair of Creams now 
happy.gif

Was offered High Snob's for a pair of Creams and couldn't pass up the deal! After months of searching for Creams at a decent price.. I was sad to let em go but man.. the loving the quality on these HS's. Will have to hunt down another pair of Creams now 
happy.gif
you are definitely winning there.

happy.gif
That was a good trade. High Snobs are limited - Creams are flooded. You'll find your pair of Creams really soon. 

Upcoming PureBoost ZG LTD. first impression is I like the colorway and pattern. But I also think I'd look like Peppermint Patty.

You guys use any product on your UBs to preserve/maintain them for daily wear? especially keeping the boost from yellowing

I agree with you man. I think we both agree with the basic premise that Adidas definitely has elevated their presence and status over the past 12-18 months we will probably just agree to disagree over whether it has impacted the Nike brand in the lifestyle market in a significant manner based on numbers, Market share, sales, stock price, etc. I've enjoyed a good debate in this thread.
Here's your impact.  

http://hypetrak.com/2016/02/yeezy-i...n-nikes-overall-sales-are-down-adidas-climbs/

And a more thorough analysis of the impact.  

http://amigobulls.com/articles/adidas-stock-is-currently-the-best-pick-in-its-sector

A few things to note about what why Adidas is the future that you have overlooked.  I'll mention it again, Nike only recently lost many of it's top designers to Adidas.  We have yet to see the impact that will have on Nike but the cracks are showing based on the data.  In the meantime Nike has failed to generate anything new of any significance in the design department with the exception of the auto-lacing technology which was developed before these designers left.  You are wrongly assuming that Adidas can't sustain the momentum generated and on top of that discounting that the momentum is as big as it seems.  As stated in the first article, the Adidas Ultra Boost was the best selling running shoe of the past 12 months.  Add to that the fact that Adidas is the most hyped on social networking and it's obvious Nike will loose it's hold in dollars if they don't respond with something significant.  The people who were best equipped to develop that significant response are now sitting in the design room at Adidas.  

Here's a demographic breakdown of what's going on here.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/nikes-the-team-captain-but-adidas-is-mvp-1460992286

It shows brand preference changing in the younger demographics, a key factor in changing Nike's market share.  You now have a generation without any nostalgia for Nike and a generation that will follow hype which Adidas is generating more of.  Another point not yet made about Nike's gigantic sales figures is that they sell a lot across many categories including golf, soccer, skateboarding, etc.  If you were to strip away all that and simply look at which new silhouette is selling better than anything then that is the Adidas Ultra Boost.  The retro hype can only carry those Nike sales figures for so long.  Again Adidas is the future, and not just because the Ultra Boost seems popular.  It actually is very popular, and it's not the last revolutionary design Adidas can make to peel away Nike's customer base.  
Between Yeezy's and UBs it's been roughly a year. Slightly premature to consider Adidas the future. I'm not saying it's impossible, but 1 year of being hot doesn't equate to long term sustainability. Let's see if they can pass up Sketchers first. And I'm talking sales, not "popularity". Styles and trends come and go. For every article you're using to back your argument, I'm sure there are just as many if not more that support Nike's foothold on the market.  Last year about this time, this forum hardly had any movement. 1 year hardly equates to a generation that's forgotten about Swoosh. Again, what Adidas has done of the past year is nothing short of remarkable, but who do you credit that with? The Kanye effect? Product? Their marketing department? Or a combination of all the above? This forum is no where near as crazy as it now prior to Kanye wearing the all white UBs. Am I suggesting UB's success of solely based on Kanye wearing them? Of course not, it's a fantastic product. In fact, I think Kayne is a megalomaniac and personally don't care for the dude. At the same time, there has been a lot of great products in the past that never gained any traction with consumers. At the least, KW wearing them certainly exposed the masses to the product and helped with sales.

At the moment, UBs are my favorite shoe, but if you were to ask me to pick Adidas or Nike. Adidas would be on the outside looking in. And it's because of what you pointed out, Nike does well in a lot of things. For every Adidas product I want, there's probably 10 Nike products I'd buy. 

Last edited:
I got the 2016 triple whites in hand today. the full PK upper is nice.

But I'm not sure about the color. the 2016 pair has many light grey threads in the PK and this brings the upper to appear a greyish/cold white.

The boost is more a yellowish white and I don't like that. I'm more into the 2015 triple white.

Last edited:

I got the 2016 triple whites in hand today. the full PK upper is nice.

But I'm not sure about the color. the 2016 pair has many light grey threads in the PK and this brings the upper to appear a greyish/cold white.

The boost is more a yellowish white and I don't like that. I'm more into the 2015 triple white.
Are the light grey threads in the 2016 PK Whites similar to the yellow color on the 2015 PK Whites? I didn't realize there was some yellow-ish colors until I got them on hand. 

Are the light grey threads in the 2016 PK Whites similar to the yellow color on the 2015 PK Whites? I didn't realize there was some yellow-ish colors until I got them on hand. 
yes, very similar. plus the outline of the gradient pattern is also made out of grey threads, so the upper looks from a distance not 100% clean white.

Back
Top Bottom