ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
consumer is directly to blame for the supply/demand issue. nike/adidas and resellers hold no guns to heads and demands your money. if people refuse to show up to play the game, theres no game to play. period.

basically. buying from resellers only encourages more reselling and drives prices up.

worth watching? I know nothing about Dr. Strange but the wife and I are itching to make a date night out to a movie
Its a nice movie for me. Well if you are going to continue watching Marvel movies then I guess its a must since I would assume he would be part of other Marvel movies.

My oh my. I legit think I like these better than the RC and I was hating on it hard when it was first announced way back... 
eek.gif
Murdered out son! 
nthat.gif

consumer is directly to blame for the supply/demand issue. nike/adidas and resellers hold no guns to heads and demands your money. if people refuse to show up to play the game, theres no game to play. period.

but because most sneakerheads value their shoes over the almighty buck, that allows for all the supply/demand games.

if we were talking about a gallon of milk or gas, something that MUST be consumed...only then could real suppy/demand be measured.

IMO
​Yeah, let's just pretend that Nike/Adidas don't deal out the cards. They directly control supply. Resellers simply take advantage of this limited supply when demand outweighs supply. All Nike/Adidas have to do is increase supply to meet demand and resellers will disappear or take the L. It's really that simple. It's easy to blame the consumer for wanting a shoe but when demand outweighs supply, you can either take the L (if you don't cop at retail) or risk missing out on a shoe you desire altogether. Down the line, the shoe will become even more scarce and resale will naturally increase.

Nike, Adidas, resellers ,etc. realize is no shortage of consumers willing to pay resale on a "highly desired" shoe. That's the issue. That is what Nike and Adidas desire. The hype that keeps interest in their brand/product and makes them relevant. They don't need to hold guns to anyone's head. People will show up to play the game. If you don't, it is guaranteed someone will if there is enough demand. All that matters at that point is the price that people will bite at.

You can either pay what the market is asking or accept the L and move on.

The Ultra Boost being my favorite shoe + Reigning Champ being a favorite streetwear brand of mine + the desire to rep a Canadian brand + the aesthetics of the shoe.

These are some of the reasons I am willing to pay resale on the shoe. The majority of my collection is at retail or near retail but there are certain shoes I make an exception for various reasons. I'd never pay the resale on the Ultra Boost Hypebeat or the SNS. I desire neither and both are probably at comparable levels of hype to the RC if not more.

Last edited:
If I fail at getting any V2's and Triple blacks, should I go with Olive 2.0 or Solar reds with black boost?

Olives are near retail here (Canada) on websites like Kijiji :smile:

Just came back from watching Dr. Strange

So much Adidas product placement in that movie 

Boosts were seen

Damn I just finished watching dr strange and they're all wearing adidas. Tubulars, NMDs, Uncaged UB and a few others. I'm also pretty sure the Tilda Swinton character was wearing PB 350s. I'm not joking
Strange himself is wearing the upcoming maroon Uncaged during his sparring session with Mordo. Most of the other sorcerers in training have light gray Uncaged and other Boost models. Meanwhile Pangborn is rocking Jordans with his overbranded Adidas track jacket. 
laugh.gif

Everyone here that's planning on seeing the movie should keep their eyes peeled. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:

Strange himself is wearing the upcoming maroon Uncaged during his sparring session with Mordo. Most of the other sorcerers in training have light gray Uncaged and other Boost models. Meanwhile Pangborn is rocking Jordans with his overbranded Adidas track jacket. 
laugh.gif

Everyone here that's planning on seeing the movie should keep their eyes peeled. 
nerd.gif

lmao that cape putting in work tho

It's gonna be an expensive month. I'm waiting on the EU releases of the parlay uncaged, maroon uncaged, triple blacks, olives, onyx and reigning champs.

Anyone have an idea on how the Women's WW fit? I'm a US sz 12 in UB and was contemplating copping a sz 12.5 (women's) but I'm afraid it likely would be a 1/2 size small. 

Also, sz 12.5 and 13 in the OG knit Royal Blue. Just copped the last sz 12. Would be thrilled (for the double up) if they actually ship and aren't canceled. Would give me a reason to finally UN'DS my current pair. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25261581094...49&var=551525685209&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

but because most sneakerheads value their shoes over the almighty buck, that allows for all the supply/demand games.

if we were talking about a gallon of milk or gas, something that MUST be consumed...only then could real suppy/demand be measured.

IMO
Yup but people always prefer to blame others rather than their own bad behaviors....

Back
Top Bottom