ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was actually pretty excited for those triple black XR1s that came out last week but they were horribly underwhelming in person 

Ive been on NT since 06, other forums before that. Ive built up and sold off collections of 100+ twice now, currently building up again. First it was jordans, then air max, now adidas/AM. Ive seen this trend and discussion play out countless times by the members here. Its just something that happens. Everyone gets to a point when they take a good, hard look at the reality of what they're doing. We're in a consumer society so theres always an influence to spend on material things whether its shoes, clothes, cars or some other trinkets. But evedyrhing gets old and doesn't satisfy like it once did. Then you take a break and after awhile it becomes appealing again, or you move on to some other consumerist vice. Or ideally kick the habit all together.

Gospel truth.
View media item 2401192
Everyone's situation is different, but majority of the high profile youtube channels are full of schiesse. The sneakers were paid for by views. Youtube cutting back revenue is a big consideration.

Why the hell do you need to make a big public announcement? Should have been selling your extras anyway. Don't give us a "Come to Jesus moment".

Today I told my self I am done buying shoes until further notice, spent 2k on shoes since April 1st. This forum is like the dealer to my addiction. My logic is keeping most of my pairs DS so as to unload in the future when the time comes for down payment on a home. I'm a small business owner and got married last year. That was one big expense I was sweating hard about. Next is the house and then I presume I can delve back in. Been at it since my first job at 14, it's part of who I am. 

I love how the ATB name has caught on and has become a staple in the the NT lingo
Props if you're the first one to say that...  I forgot who called those ATB that first but definitely saw it here on NT first 
laugh.gif

Today I told my self I am done buying shoes until further notice, spent 2k on shoes since April 1st. This forum is like the dealer to my addiction. My logic is keeping most of my pairs DS so as to unload in the future when the time comes for down payment on a home. I'm a small business owner and got married last year. That was one big expense I was sweating hard about. Next is the house and then I presume I can delve back in. Been at it since my first job at 14, it's part of who I am. 
No RAGRETS guy c'mon 
laugh.gif

jk 

Props if you're the first one to say that...  I forgot who called those ATB that first but definitely saw it here on NT first 
laugh.gif
I'm pretty confident these big sneaker culture websites catch some rumors out of this thread. Not every single one but some for sure that I never seen info on them and then magically appear on a website a couple hours later.

Well like a lot of members have been mentioning, it's solid that you've been able to truly prioritize what's important in your life and let the sneaker addiction take somewhat of a back seat to being more responsible. I'm the complete opposite and have probably spent about 2.5-3k since mid March. Granted some of the sneakers were high end boots and fashion brand sneakers like SLP, but I just bought about 4 pairs of Boosts in the last like two-three weeks. I'm not even going to downplay it though. It's a legit addiction and that feeling of a new pair being delivered or picking up a pair from the mall is so sweet.

I haven't seen any version I've liked yet. The silo is just not nearly as dope as R1 to me, so it's always gonna feel like a lesser version. Add to that they keep using this weird striped pattern on the upper. I feel the same way about the CS2. The second gen NMDs feel like take down models for the malls.

Haven't picked up any R2, CS2 or xr1s. No real appeal.
Wait for collab, but even skipped the recent WMs.
Like the Gen 1 NMDs & WM CS I have now.
Lucked out on few og nmds at re-release. Good for now.

I love how the ATB name has caught on and has become a staple in the the NT lingo
Props if you're the first one to say that...  I forgot who called those ATB that first but definitely saw it here on NT first :lol:

I remember @AirRaab first posting that term some time way back. Check the tape.

May get my ProBikeKit order cancelled that was just posted this morning for the Mystery Greys... Doesn't really look good that when I was in the middle of checking out through my paypal, the stock said Sold Out. It still let me checkout though and sent me a confirmation email. Although it now says "Awaiting Stock Pick" and Processing. I feel that that's not a really good sign as it kind of indicates that they oversold and there wasn't enough stock. So they probably would be honoring the sales based on order time (which is what is fair and makes sense).

Customer service rep told me that, "We are currently evaluating the stocks on these lines as we have oversold on a few." then I asked when would they be able to let customers know if their order will be honored or not and he said, "Not yet, we are looking into it still, we will let you know by the end of this week." So basically I'll be out of the loop for this whole week without even knowing if my order will be cancelled or not.

A lot of you guys don't know how lucky you are in terms of the somewhat ease of getting Ultra Boosts there in the States. Apparently our Canadian market is "not big enough" for them to send adequate stock of ultra boosts up here. Literally every single one of the stores supplying them up here sells out within 10-15 minutes of all sizing.
Truth. Which is I'm blessed to have a US address. Or maybe I'm not blessed because I'm spending too much on shoes now 
mean.gif

I never really got into the 50-100 range like some folks in here. I think I had/have established sub consciously what is my max limit of shoes that I own before I know it is obnoxious.

There probably needs to be a TLC show on shoe hoarders.
Ya, I'm in that range now, prob about 55 (not all boost though). Ideally I would be around 20-30.

A show like that would be lit! I'd watch lol.

Originally Posted by jpac1738 View Post

When youtube takes you down that wormhole of random videos, you end up watching these.

It's funny because there's a whole bunch of folks making shoe reviews and their earliest shoe is actually an UB/NMD of some sort.

EDITED: Boost tech def brought some new players to NT.

Seeing a lot of "Joined xx/xx/16" in this thread. Not hating, just saying.

Last edited:
What's the most y'all have ever paid for a single pair of shoes and what shoe was it? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jpac1738 View Post

When youtube takes you down that wormhole of random videos, you end up watching these.

It's funny because there's a whole bunch of folks making shoe reviews and their earliest shoe is actually an UB/NMD of some sort.

EDITED: Boost tech def brought some new players to NT.

Seeing a lot of "Joined xx/xx/16" in this thread. Not hating, just saying.
Yup, even lurkers from 2001 have entered back into the shoe game as well.

Boost hype is relatively new so this joined '/16', including myself found this thread.

Always been an Adidas fan and was looking for some kind of Adidas forum at the time if it even existed to get some intel on UBs but found this instead. If there was an 'Adidas Talk' dedicated to Boost I woulda been heavily in there.

What's the most y'all have ever payed for a single pair of shoes and what shoe was it? :nerd:

Think i paid 600+ for some og jordan colombia xis that ended up being PEs, this was like 7 years ago at least. Just paid 590 for yeezy breds a month ago, but have zebras at retail to pay for them.

Back
Top Bottom