ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see UB's and NMD's quite a bit in Denver. Maybe less lately, with the colder weather. Not typically hype models either. I've seen a lot of 3.0 and 4.0's, in random colors.

I think a vast majority of Americans would not even consider paying $180-200 for a pair of sneakers. Like, unfathomable. I got a buddy into New Balances which he likes, and when I showed him the 350 Sesames he was like - hell yea! Then I told him they'll be $220, and he was like "wtf no way". And its not like he's a broke boi- he owns his own house, moved into management from a tradesman, gets a company vehicle, etc.

I've seen similar for nice dress shoes. At my buddy's wedding, I told people what I paid for my Allen Edmonds and half of them were stunned. You pay more than $70 for dress shoes?!?! I then explained to them that they are goodyear welted, recraftable, made in USA, etc.... but they still were like "yea, no thanks. I can get a pair from Kohls or Macy's for $60, then throw them out when I need another pair."

I see UB's and NMD's quite a bit in Denver. Maybe less lately, with the colder weather. Not typically hype models either. I've seen a lot of 3.0 and 4.0's, in random colors.

I think a vast majority of Americans would not even consider paying $180-200 for a pair of sneakers.

this is what it comes down too. and most brands cater to the people youre describing above. which is why we've got 1 ultraboost model and 5 or 6 different ultraboost look a likes that cost half the price.

I think a vast majority of Americans would not even consider paying $180-200 for a pair of sneakers. Like, unfathomable. I got a buddy into New Balances which he likes, and when I showed him the 350 Sesames he was like - hell yea! Then I told him they'll be $220, and he was like "wtf no way". And its not like he's a broke boi- he owns his own house, moved into management from a tradesman, gets a company vehicle, etc.

I've seen similar for nice dress shoes. At my buddy's wedding, I told people what I paid for my Allen Edmonds and half of them were stunned. You pay more than $70 for dress shoes?!?! I then explained to them that they are goodyear welted, recraftable, made in USA, etc.... but they still were like "yea, no thanks. I can get a pair from Kohls or Macy's for $60, then throw them out when I need another pair."

I never understand this thinking. I get that it’s pretty much impossible to “Buy It For Life” in terms of shoes since shoes, when worn, inevitably have to carry our weight and face the environment however there is a world of difference between cheap shoes and more expensive ones. Also, cheap shoes almost never last nearly as long as nicer pairs so, unless you’re buying insanely expensive shoes, the extra $50-$100 spent on a better pair can actually be cheaper than continuously buying cheaper pairs over the same amount of time. Obviously, this mainly hold true for dress shoes and many sneakers by Nike/JB and Adidas are overpriced but deals can still be had on nicer pairs as well. I see so many people overpaying for their cars but they don’t seem to get nearly as much flak as people like us do for spending on a pair of shoes (although obviously myself and a lot of NTers definitely have an excessive amount of pairs).

The thing about boost is, if I have one grey, one blue, one black, one red...Do you need to get more boost that looks nearly identical?

i'm no way even close to some of yal in the game, but after some time I say this exact thing and is the reason last week the mC1.0 sufficiently filled the 'navy ub' void rather than buying the kinfolks also.

Went to century city in LA last week. Nothing but adidas on everyone’s feet. Adidas is doing something right.

Adidas always seems to do well in the lower end market (I.e. Stan Smith, Superstars) though. For awhile they looked like they were going to compete with Nike/JB on the sneaker-head/hype market but it doesn’t seem like that is going to happen in the long-run.

Pure boost chill from 2015. Still clean.

42C1E409-F58C-4757-932D-80AC5D5BC55C.jpeg

Do people think NMDs are revolutionary? If NMDs released in 2018 instead of 2016 would they get the same hype? Nike really brought it these two past years and i doubt they would stand out over something like vapormax, off white collabs, element react and the such

I want to double up on creams and Ill be in Shanghai, Seoul, and Osaka from 11/21-12/5.

Does anyone know if Asia typically have the same release dates as US/EU? Wondering if they'll even have the creams at Adidas Stores or at the major boutique shops.

Thanks

Do people think NMDs are revolutionary? If NMDs released in 2018 instead of 2016 would they get the same hype? Nike really brought it these two past years and i doubt they would stand out over something like vapormax, off white collabs, element react and the such

NMDs were as impactful as say the roshe run. Comfortable simple and worked with the whole athleasure trend. The price point was also bearable unlike say a vapormax plus or ultraboost

Pulled the trigger on the triple white wang BBalls for 265 shipped from SNS. Maybe I should have waited then again their dope to me...might have to contomplate moving these cream 350s

NMDs were as impactful as say the roshe run. Comfortable simple and worked with the whole athleasure trend. The price point was also bearable unlike say a vapormax plus or ultraboost

NMDs, especially the OG black and white pairs, had excellent color-blocking potential. Adidas made a bunch of lame cws (especially mesh ones) and kinda ruined the R1 model by flooding the market with these weird cws but that doesn''t negate the great cws that they put out. They also retained their shape better than Roshes after wearing them, although the R1 soles wear out pretty quickly. Weird how we never got an R3 since the R2 was so unpopular. I guess they kinda gave up on making more models for whatever reason and just pushed out tons of cws of the R1s.

NMDs, especially the OG black and white pairs, had excellent color-blocking potential. Adidas made a bunch of lame cws (especially mesh ones) and kinda ruined the R1 model by flooding the market with these weird cws but that doesn''t negate the great cws that they put out. They also retained their shape better than Roshes after wearing them, although the R1 soles wear out pretty quickly. Weird how we never got an R3 since the R2 was so unpopular. I guess they kinda gave up on making more models for whatever reason and just pushed out tons of cws of the R1s.

The Roshe looked horrible to me in all iterations. But Nike’s answer to boost is their react line which is doing pretty well the 55 is the bargain and the 87 is the hype shoe. Nike just realized the roshe wasn’t “it”

The Roshe looked horrible to me in all iterations. But Nike’s answer to boost is their react line which is doing pretty well the 55 is the bargain and the 87 is the hype shoe. Nike just realized the roshe wasn’t “it”

Keep in mind, Roshes were made for the low end casual market. They were dirt cheap to manufacture and I can only imagine the insane profit margin Nike made on them. They were a hit with high school and college kids as they were affordable and, dare I say it, somewhat stylish for the early 2010s.

They also have dropped like 50 Nmd R1 mesh colorways and no Pk Nmd r1's recently. Also Pharrell (Hu's) trying to out number Kanye (Yeezy's) has hurt Nmd's bad.

I want to double up on creams and Ill be in Shanghai, Seoul, and Osaka from 11/21-12/5.

Does anyone know if Asia typically have the same release dates as US/EU? Wondering if they'll even have the creams at Adidas Stores or at the major boutique shops.

Thanks
Some Asian countries already released the creams (Japan and Taiwan so far)

roshes sold well when it was big. even sold as much as NMDS in 2016. Superstars and stansmiths and now continentals are the shoes that gives adidas the most profit. so roshe was a league of its own when it comes to sales and impact. its undeniable how roshes changed the game with all these newer silhouettes having a similar style

Last edited:

Thanks
Get yourself some Clima Seoul UBs if they are still in stock out there.

The hype of UBs made a lot of folks come out of shoe collection hibernation, a good amount from the Nike SBs days. That I would say is pretty impactful.

a few collectors started off loading their Jordan/Nike pairs for UBs and started preaching #boostislife.

Hell if i remember correctly Adidas sales in a quarter bested that of Nike.

Follow up to that is a retro 1.0 and unattainable 4D tech?

This year was supposed to be the year of 4D and there's only been a handful of releases at crazy MSRP.

I guess my specific concern is Adidas had a chance to take over Jordan/Nike in the US urban fashion market but they lost most of the hype due to poor design and marketing choices.

All in all, this has not and will never make me stop buying Boost, just haven't been as impressed with what they are putting out for over a year (aside from a few consortium designs).

roshes sold well when it was big. even sold as much as NMDS in 2016. Superstars and stansmiths and now continentals are the shoes that gives adidas the most profit. so roshe was a league of its own when it comes to sales and impact. its undeniable how roshes changed the game with all these newer silhouettes having a similar style

Loved roshe's, and for 70 bucks.... couldn't beat it.

Loved roshe's, and for 70 bucks.... couldn't beat it.

Oh don't get me wrong, Roshes (along with Sock Darts and Prestos, long before them) basically started the whole sock shoe trend that exists even now. It's clear they were an inspiration for the OG Pureboosts and V1 350s.

Did anyone cop the grey undefeated UB?

The ankle area looks like a 1.0, so wondering if it fits like a 1.0? can't really tell by the rest of the knit since it's unique

Thanks
It's pretty uncertain but some countries do have an earlier release. I'm sure China will have it. Retail price is typically higher there and in Japan if I'm not wrong.

Anyone know where I'd be able to scoop some cheap 2.0 Ultra Boosts in the EU? Planning on doing a custom.

Back
Top Bottom