Adidas TUBULAR Thread

Received my first pair of Xs. Is this normal? The heel lining is very loosely attached with glue. It seems strange to me to have glue exposed like that but it's like that on both sides on both shoes so I feel like it could be by design.

Mine are like that as well.  It doesn't seem the glue they used bonds well to the primeknit (or perhaps heavy glue would seep through the primeknit?).

Last edited:
^ Thanks. I would have thought they'd stitch it or just don't use any adhesive if it's going to be that loose. I can't imagine the glue be sticky for long.

^ Thanks. I would have thought they'd stitch it or just don't use any adhesive if it's going to be that loose. I can't imagine the glue be sticky for long.

I've got the same thing with mine, albeit not as bad. I guess adidas was in such a hurry to get these out to us before their estimated release that they didn't think it through. Something to note and call to their attention, but not a deal breaker for me. I'll take this over cracked chipping paint, or huge glue stains.

Last edited:
Never said the "Sesame" Tubular X looked just like the Yeezy 750 ...I said, they look the CLOSEST to the Yeezy 750.

Which, out of all the color ways (and the shoe in general) THEY DO.

Just wondering if that was the angle for some people...

Yeah.... a lot of these blogger sites and sneaker news sites start comparing the sesames to the yeezys... or how people have "customized" some of the regular tubulars and tubular x to look like yeezy's and all the sheeps out there are now saying the tubular x's are an alternative to yeezys.. meanwhile they don't look alike (maybe except the soles) and in my opinion they are better looking than the yeezy's 750.

Anyone know where I can buy primeknit tubulars on discount?
Got my Stone Greys off JimmyJazz for under retail. I got mine for $90 cuz they were like $125 and then there was an additional 30% off at the time. Look out for promo codes on RetailMeNot

Rocking Sesame at work with my real motorcycle denim jeans. I try to ride safe. Luckily they fit into my backpack with my laptop and everything.

But you see the on feet. Very comfy...did deal with a little tightness where the stitching comes together at the first thread holes for the laces.

View media item 1713945

Last edited:
Grabbed the black knits ... I found them to be tts -could've done .5 down but they fit fine Dope on feet.

nerd.gif
Threw in a pair of black and white laces.

Man, I missed out on the tubular x primeknit, sold out on Adidas.com...

Waiting on a restock!
Yea man I actually grabbed mine from Sheikshoes with coupon code. Think it was like 139 shipped. Definitely waiting to see them tomorrow.
Grabbed the black knits ... I found them to be tts -could've done .5 down but they fit fine Dope on feet.
Yea I have went .5 down on all tubs. Adidas really need to work on their sizing. Definitely out here screwing folks up. Sold a pair of DS gray tubular x knit on ebay and got a request to return yesterday because of sizing. Could not do it because I said they run a tad big or TTS if you like the extra room.

Have the Sesame X's made it stateside yet? I'm in Canada and we just got the Black X Primeknit, but no sign of the Sesame.

Have the Sesame X's made it stateside yet? I'm in Canada and we just got the Black X Primeknit, but no sign of the Sesame.
Yup definitely have come and gone. I havent seen them at many stateside stores outside of the adidas.com release.

Yup definitely have come and gone. I havent seen them at many stateside stores outside of the adidas.com release.

Damn, hopefully Canada gets some kind of delayed release. This is the first day the Black pair has been available.

my tubular x sesame just came in from Germany.

I sized down .5 from my normal size and they fit perfect.

After Adidas''s $20 price hike I ended up paying retail + tax when you included shipping because Sapato deducted the VAT charge at checkout.

I have to say I am satisfied and I hope this model will get some leather and suede upgrades as well as hitting miadidas.

Adidas is going all out for the cheaper version already though

The camo was also spotted in a white/grey camo color too. 

I'm not sure if the camo is for adults or kids because the material used is the same as the kids tubular x.

Back
Top Bottom