ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed and as I've said before threads should be restricted to members only and restricted to those that have posted in a thread two weeks prior leading up to a release.

Don't mean for it to be an exclusive country club but the lurkers can just chill and grab information, it pins members against members when information has to be PM'd or secret and allows NT to be an open strategy book.

Its the internet man, information is always free and available somewhere else.

Its the internet man, information is always free and available somewhere else.
Yeah, but when it comes to release day and the links are sold out in seconds, forums like NT is the best place to look.

I'm still fairly new as well but even I don't wanna see the joined today members asking for links like they deserve it just by signing up.

Agreed and as I've said before threads should be restricted to members only and restricted to those that have posted in a thread two weeks prior leading up to a release.

Don't mean for it to be an exclusive country club but the lurkers can just chill and grab information, it pins members against members when information has to be PM'd or secret and allows NT to be an open strategy book.
I've seen this posted a few times and I agree. Has anyone actually brought this to a mod or admin?

It seems like it would be virtually impossible to stop lurkers but at the same time there must be some sort of way to restrict certain things.

Do the Mods really have the time to monitor it that way though?

I have been a member for a long while (not as long as some of you) despite the join date attached to this account.  I created a new account when I changed my musical moniker.

Last edited:
Yeah, but when it comes to release day and the links are sold out in seconds, forums like NT is the best place to look.

I'm still fairly new as well but even I don't wanna see the joined today members asking for links like they deserve it just by signing up.

Exactly. This is why NT crashes on Saturdays that hyped releases happen. People just watching the comments and "advice/Intel" flow in.

Perhaps, as an alternative, NT cuts off an ability to create a new memberships two weeks before each release.

It seems like it would be virtually impossible to stop lurkers but at the same time there must be some sort of way to restrict certain things.

I think there is a fair way to stop lurkers. I have been in other forums where links can only be seen by members. Why not just do the same for NT. Anyone can read a post but only members who have been active for a certain time can see the links shared by the other members.

I think there is a fair way to stop lurkers. I have been in other forums where links can only be seen by members. Why not just do the same for NT. Anyone can read a post but only members who have been active for a certain time can see the links shared by the other members.
I have seen something on one forum I am a part of where contributing members get special access to certain forums posting privileges etc.  That might work too.

Only view able to Active Registered Users

and kind the same way they don't allow new users to post Threads

Make only Active members able to view n post

There are a lot of car forums that require you to be a member to view the full site and take advantage of everything. This certainly needs to be implicated here on NT. But then again, all they have to do is create an account which takes a couple minutes.

The mods wouldn't have to monitor anything. I'm not sure if the options exist, but you would simply have to "log in" to a thread to post or read information while leaving it locked to lurkers or outsiders.

Members that have a join date two weeks prior to a release date of a "hyped release" would gain entry and new members can see the thread until weeks after. It may be strict but NT is supposed to be a community (many forget that), not a place necessarily to feed the profitable side of this hobby.

Last edited:
There are a lot of car forums that require you to be a member to view the full site and take advantage of everything. This certainly needs to be implicated here on NT. But then again, all they have to do is create an account which takes a couple minutes.

exactly

These lurkers click the ads all over NT as well too, so them switching up their business model can result in losing money.. because we all know the experienced members are running Ad Block :lol:

Yup, that's why setting it up that you can only see links when your account is X weeks/months old or X amount of reps can fix that problem. That way, guests and new members won't get anything useful on RD since they won't be able to see links. 

Well, there is certainly a reason WHY something hasn't been implemented ... and i would love to here the ideology as to why it hasn't. Probably won't though.

Get a petition going... get enough people to back the idea, and I'm sure the Admins will take it into serious consideration.

On the flip side... someone could create a new forum where these rules would apply.

But I like the first idea better... NIKETALK is HOME

I thank complex for that quick recap of what I missed the past 12 hours or so.. Wranglers and yezzys. Ye would conphiscate that pair if he saw u in public my dude

Last edited:
I'll repeat what I said. People are pulling the "these would be sitting if they were a GR" line, so my response was people use that same line on any pair of shoes that's limited (not just yeezys). It's such a played out thing to say

Understand?
I should be asking you that question because your response is backwards as ****

you apparently didn't get what I said...

I started my post by saying I'd have a closet full of these things if they were a GR..... so obviously I like the shoe

I'm saddened by the fact its NOT A GR because I like the model so much..... but don't think it's worth the swing (swing = what it cost me at retail vs getting my money back AND making roughly $500)

people that say a shoe would sit generally don't like the shoe....

so again, to sum it up..... it's a shame it has the Yeezy name because this would be a great GR and sell really well.... NOT sit .... people would buy this shoe if there was no name on it.... the exact opposite of what you THOUGHT i said....

roll.gif
@ complex

and yo you wanna do paid ?

shiiiii i pay $50 a month for a gym i dont use, especially since i broke my hand.

(i didnt use it before that either)

i pay $10 to the WWE network...which is suspect.

id def give $10 a month considering NT helps me greatly get through work.

roll.gif
@ complex

and yo you wanna do paid ?

shiiiii i pay $50 a month for a gym i dont use, especially since i broke my hand.

(i didnt use it before that either)

i pay $10 to the WWE network...which is suspect.

id def give $10 a month considering NT helps me greatly get through work.
seriously... work would blow if there was no NT 

#blessed 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom