ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

How long have we talked about a competitor to the Jordan/Nike hypemachine. Looks like we now have one and both can compete and hopefully not limit their releases for the future. With time adidas will learn that sure limited this and that is cool...but, volume is how you make your money. Not like they see a dime of the resale money so who cares if the resale is $1k or $400 by producing larger quantities. Still sold out. Nike has volume and profits to show...adidas right now has the hype and yet to turn it into a serious money making machine. Btw, everybody talking about 'herbs' passing on the AJ7 sweaters...nobody wanted them yeezy release or not. Wait till 72-10 release...hoping they are produced in large enough quantities as the Columbias. 
smh. big *** companies like Nike and Adidas probably makes like .5% profit off of big releases like the Yeezys and so on... But those releases creates hype, demand and prestige on the BRAND name. the regular consumers will then (over)pay for the general stuff they release because of the NAME of the brand.

smh. big *** companies like Nike and Adidas probably makes like .5% profit off of big releases like the Yeezys and so on... But those releases creates hype, demand and prestige on the BRAND name. the regular consumers will then (over)pay for the general stuff they release because of the NAME of the brand.
 Nike's profits on JB retros are trivial? I know their running division is monstrous in size. GRs are made in large enough volumes to count no? Also, adidas is in the early phase of Yeezy brand...Jordan t-shirts didn't start outselling the shoes right back in the 80s. The shoes had to become established first. Unless you think yeezy clothing can be sold at the same profit volume as the shoes....i don't see that happening. EVER. Kanye can design shoes...clothes not really.

Last edited:
That's crazy y'all willing to spend $600+ on these shoes. You can use that money for something else.

Screw the resellers.
Save that money and go traveling. These shoes aren't that serious. For me, it's retail or bust and I for sure will not spend $600 on them even though I could. Just does not seem practical for me.

*My two cents that don't really matter
it's been awhile since I badly wanted a sneaker. I really liked these and just wanted them since I saw them. Had a rough year, so this was a gift to me and a trip to vegas in December for the ufc events taking place.  Thats why I didn't mind just paying even if I thought it was a bit ridiculous to be spending 600 plus for a sneaker.

Been awhile since I treated myself, was always looking out for fam and my girl. Just was looking to splurge for myself for once

Last edited:
I guess all chances are gone and it's time to start thinking about hitting the resale market. I was really feeling this colorway, so I may just have to go in on a pair. If anyone who cooked multiples is looking to get rid of a 11.5/12 for a fair price, feel free to PM. I know I'll be looking at spending over 2x retail, so here's to finding my authentic pair, if worst comes to worst, hopefully the owner of that bootleg site that got some of you on TDs makes some MRs :D....had to say it, sorry
Closer to four times retail.

away for the last 5 hours. what did i miss? i take it those ****boys never even properly released any pears on ADC or Y3? 

They were both on one order. Nothing was cancelled. The order says shipped and 2 yeezys. Both already picked up and on their way :D

Dear Adidas,

Please release within the next 15 minutes while I'm still at work with fast internet + extremely low ping. Thank you.

They were both on one order. Nothing was cancelled. The order says shipped and 2 yeezys. Both already picked up and on their way
happy.gif
Damnnnn, congrats man!

Anyone here in NYC go to the Barneys to try and pick up leftover pairs? How'd that go?

Apparently they had a ton of pairs.
people were looping like crazy. I was in the wrong spot and only ended up with one pair. :smh:
At least it was better than nothing

i know a few people out in LA barneys got 3 or so pairs each. so many to go around with barneys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom