ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

72-10 was a fake sellout. Regardless, you're right and Nike will remain king well into our lifetimes. Adidas has been blessing us with some fine stuff, but there some people in here who are smart enough to realize they have a ton of catching up to do. Mostly it's kids who are completely clueless and think 6 months of being hot equates to Adidas taking over the market . The average Joe couldn't give 2 5h1ts about Ultra Boost or even know who Kanye is for that matter. Nearly everyone around the world know who Michael Jordan and what Nike Air is. 
I don't know if the 72-10's were a fake sell out but it was very successful and pleasant not to have had a release like the 750 boosts were everyone was happy to have copped. I don't think you realize that Nike came out with a substantial amount of pairs because of the back lash of all the shooting robberies, bullying, etc. by the media. having a small amount of sneakers causing envy "must have" that you'll do anything to get them if you cannot afford them. if I recall, there was news and a documentary about sneakers transactions that involve killings for the last 3 years. adidas has turned the corner but it will take Nike to be ignorant in order for them to lose their dominance in the sneaker market. They haven't really won anything because most people are reselling them then actually wearing them for the profit
It was a fake sellout. Went from a FSR to nothing. A few days later more popped up. Additionally pairs were sitting days after the release in stores. Just like the BWV Racers today. FSR today, pulled today and they're gone. Nike does it all the time. I surely don't hope you don't think that's why Nike made more pairs because of shootings? It's called 11s are one of their bread and butters ... to make money, not friends.  Killing for shoes has been going on since I was a kid - like when the originals released. This is nothing new and that was before the resale market. And yes, those are OGs and had Nike Air on the back. Ain't retros dude is holding up lol

While your thought is noble, it's not the reality. 

Last edited:

The average Joe couldn't give 2 5h1ts about Ultra Boost or even know who Kanye is for that matter. 
i was with you until this sentence, you were really reaching with this one
Why's that? You realize most people don't spend their lives on NikeTalk??? You think most 40 year old men care, honestly? Because they don't. I'm sure if you walked down the street to a 40s and up male and asked about Kanye's shoes. They'd look at you like you had 3 eyes. 

Last edited:
It was a fake sellout. Went from a FSR to nothing. A few days later more popped up. Additionally pairs were sitting days after the release in stores. Just like the BWV Racers today. FSR today, pulled today and they're gone. Nike does it all the time. I surely don't hope you don't think that's why Nike made more pairs because of shootings? It's called 11s are one of their bread and butters ... to make money, not friends.  Killing for shoes has been going on since I was a kid - like when the originals released. This is nothing new and that was before the resale market. And yes, those are OGs and had Nike Air on the back. Ain't retros dude is holding up lol

View media item 1837019

It's valid points. Sometimes restocks happen off marketing strategies, cancels off bogus credit cards, but also taking stock from other regions of the world don't sell as much to to sell at areas with high demands. Just like companies here in the US, footlocker, foot action, champs, etc. also,

bro I'm in my mid 30's I've been in the game for a min like you, been knowing that shootings have been around but it hasn't been this bad. We never had bots, instant sell outs in seconds, and online wasn't relevant. You had to know all the dope spots in order to have the exclusive non GR. You put in work, you were rewarded those days are gone. Anything can be bought at a price now. No real value is put into it anymore.

Last edited:

It's valid points. Sometimes restocks happen off marketing strategies, cancels off bogus credit cards, but also taking stock from other regions of the world don't sell as much to to sell at areas with high demands. Just like companies here in the US, footlocker, foot action, champs, etc.
They "restocked" 2 - 3 days later? Next time, pick out some shoes you feel Nike wants to hype. If they don't move, watch them go from a whole bunch to none. That's also one of their marketing strategies. Pulling inventory and then dropping it again. They're creating artificial hype. Even boutiques do it. Not sure if you're into runners or collabs, but it happens all the time at all levels.

Everybody want's yeezys

even the people that don't like them 

I dunno

I've seen what you would call "IG Ballers" I guess and normal folk plenty who don't like 750s

Overall 350 is more loved. I'm legit scared to see how some of NT will end up wearing them [emoji]128584[/emoji]

Most people can pull off 350 simple.

Last edited:
I'm saying what really drives the market is the hype. U don't have sold out sneakers anymore the hype goes away. I know you guys see that there's been a couture shift from Nike to adidas in the past year. Big time. Hugeeeee shift. They're always gonna make money... It's Nike. But they could honestly have made so much more over time if they'd don't the releases right. They force fed us for the past 5 years and now the hypes gone. If adidas drops a new one twice a month it loses its exclusivity... People can't keep up etc. best thing to do is space out the releases. Drop semi limited numbers. Make sureeee they sell out and that way you keep people coming back for more. If these triple blacks were all over nobody would want them anymore. Sad as that is its the truth.

The hype ensures the longevity of the brand. They're setting themselves up for succes. I'm not saying adidas wil ever touch Nike. We all know that's not gonna happen. But they can steal a decent market share by doing it how they've been doing it.
THIS. Literally hit the nail in the coffin. This is why brands like Supreme , even tho its a different market hasnt died like Obey or Diamond. They live around hype, anything limited or hyped drives sales and they could give two damns about the average consumer complaining about resellers, bots, or limited quantities.

I think a red 750 would be too much.
J, can you PS Santa with those? Preferably a GIF, but ... I won't beg 
happy.gif
nthat.gif

They "restocked" 2 - 3 days later? Next time, pick out some shoes you feel Nike wants to hype. If they don't move, watch them go from a whole bunch to none. That's also one of their marketing strategies. Pulling inventory and then dropping it again. They're creating artificial hype. Even boutiques do it. Not sure if you're into runners or collabs, but it happens all the time at all levels.
I'm on game with other collabs. I Like NB, Asics, reebok, etc. basically anything that looks good. Yes you're right but we cannot ignore the fact that things do sell out. Yeezy supply had restocks so who knows how much stock is really out there. Shoes cost dollars to pennies when mass produce so no matter what these companies are winning.

I'm on game with other collabs. I Like NB, Asics, reebok, etc. basically anything that looks good. Yes you're right but we cannot ignore the fact that things do sell out. Yeezy supply had restocks so who knows how much stock is really out there. Shoes cost dollars to pennies when mass produce so no matter what these companies are winning.
For what it's worth, I like to go to the store a week later and the shoe I want is still there. I couldn't care less about hype. Just want to get the shoe I want without headache or absurd prices. And to your point, yes, they do sell out, albeit not always when people think they do. Your points about consolidating stock are valid, but that just wasn't the case with the 72-11s. I watched with my own eyes them go instantaneously from an FSR to nothing, along with the FK Racers. I know because I watch it like a hawk because my friend will buy them from Swoosh for me. I try not to bother her since she's a mom and has better things to do other than buy shoes for me. Her husband laughs when he sees all the boxes on their doorstep 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Can't take any of your post serious.

You're asking for peoples help if you should sell now, what is the price of this pair, should I do this trade.

You can't think for yourself?

Do you need to hold hands while crossing the street or need help using the bathroom?

I'm assuming you're an adult? Make you own decisions.

But I could be wrong, you could be a teenager or still in diapers and that would make sense.
lmao where did this salty kid who obviously didn't cop yeezys come out from

calm down lil guy, stress is bad for you,

i ask for advice from people on here just like everyone else has, the only salty person complaining is you

pls go

lmao where did this salty kid who obviously didn't cop yeezys come out from

calm down lil guy, stress is bad for you,

i ask for advice from people on here just like everyone else has, the only salty person complaining is you

pls go

I got my pairs

It's past your bedtime, go to sleep.

Last edited:
I'm saying what really drives the market is the hype. U don't have sold out sneakers anymore the hype goes away. I know you guys see that there's been a couture shift from Nike to adidas in the past year. Big time. Hugeeeee shift. They're always gonna make money... It's Nike. But they could honestly have made so much more over time if they'd don't the releases right. They force fed us for the past 5 years and now the hypes gone. If adidas drops a new one twice a month it loses its exclusivity... People can't keep up etc. best thing to do is space out the releases. Drop semi limited numbers. Make sureeee they sell out and that way you keep people coming back for more. If these triple blacks were all over nobody would want them anymore. Sad as that is its the truth.

The hype ensures the longevity of the brand. They're setting themselves up for succes. I'm not saying adidas wil ever touch Nike. We all know that's not gonna happen. But they can steal a decent market share by doing it how they've been doing it.
You're speaking simply from a sneaker culture perspective.  Yes, Adidas has made strides in that department and should be commended for it. But in the overall market, they can't even hold off Sketchers. 

You're speaking simply from a sneaker culture perspective.  Yes, Adidas has made strides in that department and should be commended for it. But in the overall market, they can't even hold off Sketchers. 
You're much too reasonable for this thread lol. People think NT/IG is life; it's not. 
laugh.gif

Never got why all these dumb ***** think 750s be looking like uggs

Like the **** is very obviously inspired from OG rick owens dunks, its essentially a slimmed down less dramatic version, but y'all "sneakerheads" don't know much about sneakers apparently

He also said everyone would have yeezys
everyone will if they try hard enough. I think alot more people have adidas yeeyz than nike yeezys he kind of lived up to his word.  I know one think I can atleast come close to getting adidas yeezys but I would never have a chance at nike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom