ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess lows are my consolation

Not too upset, they looked alright to me and probably better in hand. Price is prob gonna be outrageous though

It's crazy to think about exclusivity with sneakers though. It creates a massive market. Imagine if Yeezys had no resale value whatsoever. You would only buy them if you really wanted them. But by making them limited, it attracts a ton of customers who are just looking to resell the shoe. adidas knows this. Huge companies couldn't care less about the everyday customer getting raped in the resale market. It's all about creating this larger "demand" for product. They can do so much more with this power. They are attracting so much more traffic to their site and their brand by doing this. They can show investors and board members the traffic numbers, the page hits, the mentions, etc., which leads to more dollars for them in the long run. Yes, it consequently results in many unhappy customers, but it's all about money. We know this. 

People say: "Oh! Just make more shoes!" I hate that. The only way for that theory to work with something of this nature is for them to FLOOD, I mean apocalyptic flood the market, which would obviously be counterproductive for them. They'd end up losing money producing more pairs and pairs would eventually sit. Also, hype/allure would die if it was all so readily available. They can keep releasing pairs in relative normal numbers, but as long as there is a resale market, everyone and their mother will try to cop. 

I understand the business side of it. It sucks. But it's a game that we CHOOSE to play. Remember that.

Im just curious to know if anymore than 9k were made to begin with. Did they stop at 9k? Its like Kanye knew this for a min ever since he apologized on the breakfast club for there being only 9000. If more were made, would they destroy them red october style?

I get all the hype and all ******** but how does that equate to more money in the long run? Adidas wants people to know about their brand by signing kanye and letting him design a shoe. Cool. I get it, but what if most people only go to adidas just for the kanye shoe and not for anything else? What's the point of alluring all traffic just for a one release? When I say make more shoes, I don't mean 7000 pairs per store. Just more than ******* 12 pairs. Knowing these are a hype release. Knowing the Kanye brand and how he influences anything he is seen with, why not make the shoe more available and watch them still sell out. This is his first shoe with your company. People are going to be interested and curious especially after his rants. But to limit this and that I don't see profit. Yea you get traffic and brand awareness but most people just gonna want the Kanye shoe that's it.

The problem is he doesn't say what exclusivity means.  People in here trying to interpret one of the most misunderstood and poor communicators of our generation.

Im a Yeezy fan, I think the guy is brilliant but does not know how to pick his words.  To him exclusive can mean 100,000 pairs when really what he wanted was 1,000,000.  Stop trying to read between the lines with what this dude says.

The problem is he doesn't say what exclusivity means.  People in here trying to interpret one of the most misunderstood and poor communicators of our generation.

Im a Yeezy fan, I think the guy is brilliant but does not know how to pick his words.  To him exclusive can mean 100,000 pairs when really what he wanted was 1,000,000.  Stop trying to read between the lines with what this dude says.
theres a difference between reading between the lines and being delusional/denial

you mustve missed @Edshoecator  's post a few pages back.

theres a difference between reading between the lines and being delusional/denial
Ok , first he said there's a yeezy for everyone who wants one, now he mentioned exclusivity.  So please tell me how many pairs there will be?  Tell me which one of his statements you choose to pick..

An ultra-limited release like what's happening right now helps in the long run because it establishes a following, interest, and image for the Kanye/adidas partnership.

It sucks for the consumer but it pays off for adidas.

Last edited:

I get where you are coming from and agree with you on Ye and his verb-age but its no longer reading between the lines.. Its taking what he said and the imposing it against what we know to be fact.. stores only getting 12 pairs? That is a red flag in a sea of those damn things since this release started

I get where you are coming from and agree with you on Ye and his verb-age but its no longer reading between the lines.. Its taking what he said and the imposing it against what we know to be fact.. stores only getting 12 pairs? That is a red flag in a sea of those damn things since this release started
I agree but what we don't know is if there is a larger production run happening.  I don't have my heads in the clouds, and understand its possible to be limited but some of this is reseller hype as well.

Nobody knows

They could make a zillion pairs and still turn a profit. It's all boils down to greed, 100% profit isn't enough let's push it further. And idiots still line up to cop

Ok , first he said there's a yeezy for everyone who wants one, now he mentioned exclusivity.  So please tell me how many pairs there will be?  Tell me which one of his statements you choose to pick..
you have to realize that he doesn't control adidas. He's going off of what Adidas are telling him. At first he said they told him "adidas can make it happen, they promised me that". Then he goes to say that the yeezy 1 collection is not as available and affordable as he wants it to be. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom