ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This needs to be locked up.... It's a rap

Repped and I agree, nothing to see here, the thread not even being moderated properly with kats condoning buying fakes to impress chics and other kats defending buying fakes, just make a separate thread for all reps and all the cheapskates and bitter Beckies can reside there

I agree donko. As someone who is not a sneaker head and doesn't even own anything Nike or Adidas I think people are taking it too far. People are paying thousands of dollars for shoes that cost $15 to make. It's like paying Mercedes Benz S class prices for a Kia Optima, all because it's "limited". If people are going to do this you should at least pay money for shoes that aren't cheaply made in a sweat factory in China. I don't want to put my salary out here but does anyone who makes 6 figures find the price ridiculous and refuse to pay it? Some people are making it seem like people aren't buying them because they can't afford it, but I don't think it's about that, at least for me. It's more about worth vs. cost.

yeah buddy i make 6 figures and i think its stupid but then people tell me im broke bc i dont want to pay it

Last edited:

They don't call it the sneaker game for nothing... being able to cop a mad rare sneaker is an accomplishment. Doing work to make it happen. It's not easy copping shoes that are on the upwards of grail status, but if you're able to grab said shoes at MSRP, then break necks. Or if you're down to drop major doe after the fact, then break necks. Respect to all my people are actually in the game.. you're in the 'circle.' Sneaker heads take pride in their pickups, real recognize real. And with that said, I can't stand fakes, and no real sneaker head can. End of story.

I'm not trying to be the elephant in the room, but you taking sneakers way to serious.

You are the target audience and reason why Nike feels they can charge any price for plastic, glue, and rubber.

There is no such thing as a "sneaker game" people make this a lot harder than it really needs to be.

It's simple as "buy what you like, not what is hyped."

There is no such thing as a "sneaker circle" just people who buy sneakers and  think that makes them special or important..

Collecting sneakers is a hobby the same as fishing, collecting comics, playing video games, watching movies.

People try to make it out as something more than that because they have nothing else going on for themselves.

If anyone (not targeted towards you)  is buying sneakers just to break necks, it's already too late for them.  Man down.

There is nothing elite about collecting kicks.
this dude gets it

I'm not trying to be the elephant in the room, but you taking sneakers way to serious.

You are the target audience and reason why Nike feels they can charge any price for plastic, glue, and rubber.

There is no such thing as a "sneaker game" people make this a lot harder than it really needs to be.

It's simple as "buy what you like, not what is hyped."

There is no such thing as a "sneaker circle" just people who buy sneakers and  think that makes them special or important..

Collecting sneakers is a hobby the same as fishing, collecting comics, playing video games, watching movies.

People try to make it out as something more than that because they have nothing else going on for themselves.

If anyone (not targeted towards you)  is buying sneakers just to break necks, it's already too late for them.  Man down.

There is nothing elite about collecting kicks.

Being a sneakerhead to me was never about impressing anyone or hoarding sneakers. To me it meant you had love for sneakers viewed them as art and had an actual appreciation for them. It also meant having knowledge of them to certain extents. You bought what you liked and you wore them. Somewhere along the way that changed and it became about doubling up showing off and keeping a bunch of sneakers in the box never to be worn. I agree there is nothing elite about collecting sneakers I just look at those folks the same way I'd look at someone who collects stamps or coins. Not judging anyone this is just my point of view.

I don't get the whole hoarding and thinking these sneakers are going to appreciate in value when right now is the time to be selling bc it's only down from here. I wear my shoes. Just like a car is meant to be driven. A sneaker is made to be worn.

Repped and I agree, nothing to see here, the thread not even being moderated properly with kats condoning buying fakes to impress chics and other kats defending buying fakes, just make a separate thread for all reps and all the cheapskates and bitter Beckies can reside there
If it's THAT serious for you guys LEAVE THE THREAD. No one is forcing YOU to show up. It seems a lot of dudes nowadays pee sitting down. If they want to do the rep thing let those cats live. It doesn't change what's in your closet.

I'm sorry but buying fake sneakers is corny, always has been, always will be. I call my myself a 'sneakerhead' because I'm into sneakers. All sneakers? No. But the ones I really like, no matter how rare they are, it becomes my mission to cop. Trying to get them at their release, kicking down $$ for a back door handoff, trading up pairs, etc.. yes, like collecting art, when I fall in love with a piece, then I've got my sights set on it... even if it takes years. I've been in the 'game' since around 2003 and have had about 6 grails, which I have eventually copped one way or another, thankfully without ever having to pay at insane resale prices. Do I take it too 'serious' ? It doesn't control my life or control my finances, but I'm not about to crumble and buy fake gear. Respect to those who put in work to accomplish their pickups. And just remember, to those who are knocking the 'sneaker game,' all you heads love 'sneakers' enough that you registered for accounts on a SNEAKER TALK forum, so quit trying to justify corny behavior already.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but buying fake sneakers is corny, always has been, always will be. I call my myself a 'sneakerhead' because I'm into sneakers. All sneakers? No. But the ones I really like, no matter how rare they are, it becomes my mission to cop. Trying to get them at their release, kicking down $$ for a back door handoff, trading up pairs, etc.. yes, like collecting art, when I fall in love with a piece, then I've got my sights set on it... even if it takes years. I've been in the 'game' since around 2003 and have had about 6 grails, which I have eventually copped one way or another, thankfully without ever having to pay at insane resale prices. Do I take it too 'serious' ? It doesn't control my life or control my finances, but I'm not about to crumble and buy fake gear. Respect to those who put in work to accomplish their pickups. And just remember, to those who are knocking the 'sneaker game,' all you heads love 'sneakers' enough that you registered for accounts on a SNEAKER TALK forum, so quit trying to justify corny behavior already.
And that is your opinion and you have a right to it. But those whom don't agree have a right to their own opinion as well. All the "lock the thread, where's the moderators; because I personally don't like other's voicing their opinions" is way too estrogen laced. Let free men speak.

And that is your opinion and you have a right to it. But those whom don't agree have a right to their own opinion as well. All the "lock the thread, where's the moderators; because I personally don't like other's voicing their opinions" is way too estrogen laced. Let free men speak.

You do realize dudes get locked up over hustling fake kicks right? Encouraging and or discussing illegal behavior doesn't help this forum.

Last edited:
Any port in a storm huh? First it's corny....(hold up, that's not going over as well as I hoped) so now I'll point out it's illegal. Well last time I checked back-dooring web sites for early links/and using them, buying early release pairs without written consent, fraudulently acquiring pairs from different world regions through the mail, etc.... wasn't exactly legal either. That soap box you are standing on isn't that strong brother.

My bad, forgot you were a newschool kid. When I said backdooring, I meant paying a dude ends who has a premium account to hold and sell me a pair backdoor during a drop. This whole bot thing is newschool stuff. I'm done arguing cause you just dont get it. Go rock your fake gear, herb.

Last edited:
My bad, forgot you were a newschool kid. When I said backdooring, I meant paying a dude ends who has a premium account to holdsell
First things first junior, I'm willing to bet Im MUCH older than you. Secondly I was speaking to the practices of NT in general; not specifically about anything you've personally written.

I dare any of these dudes to go to the foamposite or any jordan retro thread and start big-upping fakes like they do in here, they would be given a temp ban with the quickness, they know they can give each other props in here and it'll go unchecked, then got the nerve to try to diss the people in here that want to keep the thread on track...smh.

They can mask the hurt all they want, but it just boils down to the fact that alot of dudes that wanted them couldn't get them because they believed the word of Kanye and some uninformed kats in the thread that these would be more available than the nike yeezys.

Instead of taking the L or paying resell, they want to debate, and throw shade on 'sneakerheads' and promote fakes because that somehow makes them feel better about the inability to cop these.

I bet these same dudes will be crying when they can't get the 350 boost either and start the countdown until those fakes are made too

Last edited:
You guys do know they're just shoes right?
Brother, I have tried to convey that but it just won't stick.
mean.gif

I just saw someone wearing it for the first time today. They really do stand out but homie was not rocking it properly. Seemed like he got a size too big and was wearing really thick socks. And then use the laces to tie it around the shoe which looks so stupid to me.

They really do stand out though I noticed them from a block away.
If someone dressed like Robin Hood I'd notice that sh*t too

Last edited:
This thread was cool until you kids condone buying a shoe for up to 10 times its box price. All I'm going to say is I respect my money and I respect it enough to know that paying 1000 for a pair of fragment 1s or 2500 for YEEZY boost is ABSOLUTELY insane

So KIDS are dropping $2500 on shoes? You thinking it's insane is your opinion.. If you have $$$ then that's how it goes.. you must not live in the real world.

Ok guys...... talking about reps actually IS against the rules of NT. UNDER THE SECTION : FRAUD #5. Fakes / "factory variants" are also considered fraudulent. Discussion of fakes and variants will be frowned upon and may lead to the locking or deletion of a post. It appears that the guys making all the fuss are actually right. Please don't shoot the messenger; I just figured I'd do some research and let everyone know of my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom