Votes: 267 21.4%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
No celebrities care about you. What’s new?
Not about if a celebrity cares about you lol it about defending someone with bigoted viewpoints.
If you are one of those White Lives Matter types... welI guess it's whatever then 🤷🏾‍♂️

I disagree. I don't think the people buying shoes care that much. It's some for sure but Adidas could bring Kanye back right now, drop Pirate Blacks and they would still sell out.
I don't disagree. But you have to look big picture. Yeezy was 7-10% of Adidas sales. That means 90%+ was other ****. If Adidas being associated with Ye caused that 90% to drop 25% in sales bc people didn't want to be repping Adidas bc of the Nazi stuff he's spewing, that's a way bigger loss than cutting off 7-10% in the Yeezy line. Our perspective of Adidas/Yeezy is way skewed bc Yeezy line carried way more weight in the weird niche sneaker community we live in. Yeezy and UB seemed like 90% of Adidas sales bc that's what we saw in our world. But man their bread and butter is Stan Smith, Sambas, Superstar, etc. They can't risk those tanking bc of their association with Ye.

Plus Adidas is a German company so all that Nazi and holocaust stuff hits a little different with them. There ain't no coming back from that. People tried to make excuses like he only said it to get out of his deal but mans was just saying the same **** on ALEX JONES like 6 weeks ago. It's hard for some to accept but that's just who he is now. And Adidas understandably doesn't want to be associated with that.

I have a feeling with Adidas reeling from Yeezy ( over $1B) and the Beyonce line (over $200M plus they're paying her $20M annually) plus sales being down as much as 60% last year that they will work with Ye to start the line back up at least to sell their enormous inventory they haven't moved yet.

I have a feeling with Adidas reeling from Yeezy ( over $1B) and the Beyonce line (over $200M plus they're paying her $20M annually) plus sales being down as much as 60% last year that they will work with Ye to start the line back up at least to sell their enormous inventory they haven't moved yet.

But how is Kanye stopping them from just selling that inventory? He’s not. They can do what they want with it. They haven’t tried selling it yet because his name is trash right now (and likely for a long time) and they’re worried about bad publicity by trying to sell “Yeezys”. Bringing Kanye back is the polar opposite of what they’re trying to do right now. The inventory will eventually get pushed out for sale. Without ye.

Screenshot_20230213-102309~2.png

But how is Kanye stopping them from just selling that inventory? He’s not. They can do what they want with it. They haven’t tried selling it yet because his name is trash right now (and likely for a long time) and they’re worried about bad publicity by trying to sell “Yeezys”. Bringing Kanye back is the polar opposite of what they’re trying to do right now. The inventory will eventually get pushed out for sale. Without ye.

Adidas owns the designs. They don't own the Yeezy branding. It would be a logistics nightmare to scrub all the Yeezy branding, which will require months to several months to do because each and every pair will have to be done with $500M in inventory. It's far easier to strike a deal with Ye and sell off the inventory. It's actually closer to $2B lost if they can't move all the Yeezy pairs they have in "storage".

Adidas owns the designs. They don't own the Yeezy branding. It would be a logistics nightmare to scrub all the Yeezy branding, which will require months to several months to do because each and every pair will have to be done with $500M in inventory. It's far easier to strike a deal with Ye and sell off the inventory. It's actually closer to $2B lost if they can't move all the Yeezy pairs they have in "storage".

Finally someone makes a logical argument that isn’t just “they won’t sell without Ye’s name!” that people have been selling. Thank you for that.

I still think it would be less headache long term for adidas to get to scrubbing (I wouldn’t be surprised if that process started months ago).

Finally someone makes a logical argument that isn’t just “they won’t sell without Ye’s name!” that people have been selling. Thank you for that.

I still think it would be less headache long term for adidas to get to scrubbing (I wouldn’t be surprised if that process started months ago).

New insoles, new tags, and new boxes, as those are the only things that mention Yeezy - correct?

The problem is likely that these are all "ready to ship" at their distribution centers, so they would have to either ship them somewhere (China or India for cheaper labor) to scrub the "Yeezy" branding, or do it here in the US (where labor is high cost). I'm guessing that is part of the hold up... the cost for tags / boxes / insoles + the labor to "fix"

Everything has its moment and kids move on. Even before Kanye got put out to pasture Yeezys was already starting to fade out the public consciousness. In 2022 it was really only Turtle Doves and slides that made any noise

Adidas might as well move on. That 2016-2020 feel never coming back to the Yeezy brand in their hands anyway

Everything has its moment and kids move on. Even before Kanye got put out to pasture Yeezys was already starting to fade out the public consciousness. In 2022 it was really only Turtle Doves and slides that made any noise

Adidas might as well move on. That 2016-2020 feel never coming back to the Yeezy brand in their hands anyway
Right even with Kanye it wasnt even close to that years i still remember the mistery behind the first pic of 700s or when 500s drop everyone was interested. Adidas oversaturated the brand and Kanye really stoped with the design even rocking his own shoes on 2021

Disagree. I think fashion is cyclical and the trend right now is dunk lows and Jordan 4s. A few years ago, dunk lows and Jordan 4s were sitting. Yeezys have timeless appeal like Jordan retros and eventually 350s will be in style again. Adidas would be silly to abandon Yeezys especially since they always sell out and they’re extremely profitable for them.

Disagree. I think fashion is cyclical and the trend right now is dunk lows and Jordan 4s. A few years ago, dunk lows and Jordan 4s were sitting. Yeezys have timeless appeal like Jordan retros and eventually 350s will be in style again. Adidas would be silly to abandon Yeezys especially since they always sell out and they’re extremely profitable for them.

Roshe runs had a timeless appeal too, but everything has it’s time. The gap left by Yeezy right now is being easily filled by New Balance and it’s ascension

I do agree with some of the other points in here too. Adidas problem is the people who love their Yeezy product have yet to abandon them in large numbers. The people doing the cancellation are people who never bought a pair of Yeezys in their life. What they’re like is “in 5 years when I buy my next pair of $100 gym shoes, I’ll consider Adidas” so Adidas has locked itself into a corner when it comes to offing that inventory

Back
Top Bottom