AdiZero 2.0 (Derrick Rose)

So i played basketball in the new AdiZero 2.0 last night and i must say that im impressed! They are very light and comfortable very good for making cuts and fast breaks. I play point guard in a fall league and i needed a good pair of sneakers. Last year I played in the Lebron 8 and Adizero 1.5 and I must say that adidas is really changing my mind about any Nike basketball sneaker. Has anyone else played in them yet?

I need to give mine another go this week. I played in mine last friday and I love the fit (I do wish the toebox was a tad smaller) but the floor was so dusty the traction was awful. However, everyone I was playing with was having problems so hopefully the court is a little better this week.

This is what i've bene saying since the SN Creator (granted i didn't grab them until this past summer). Adi is really performance and quality driven and their shoes are built to last and to perform real well. I've really steered away from the swoosh when it comes to hooping shoes (except for kobes) and have stuck to the Rose line primarily because of the puremotion setup starting with the SN Creator then pushed onto the 1.0 and 1.5. I must say, the 1.5 are my favorites by far right now when it coes to any performance shoe though.

The 2.0 is a great performance shoe just as many Adi shoes these days, but it is 1 step or 2 back from the 1.0 and 1.5. Rather than the fluidness of puremotion that allows you to almost roll into every movement they went back to a more conventional shoe with a outrigger (place of discomfort for me). The outrigger to me is the only problem other than the lack of puremotion because of it being placed too close to the midfoot, but it does make you play moreso on your toes, pushing towards playing fast. The sprint frame and y3 based collar is PERFECT on these. The fit is absolutely right, snug and keeps the foot in place, specifically around the heel due to the y3 inspired gore bands able to adjust to what you have on your ankles (tape, just socks, or speedwraps/braces like drose). Cushion wise, they're a bit softer than the 1.0 but still a bit firm until broken in... People have pretty much compared them to the CL saying a more updated and firmer version of it which i can see, but can't say i agree with since i never had the chance to play in them. the ride though is really smooth and once broken in the splatter traction works really well (maybe not on dusty courts as you experienced duckness). also adding onto what Duckness said, the length of the shoe is a bit longer than the predecessors which fit true to size for me, in the 2.0 i had to go down half a size for a perfect fit, a full size would have created a cleat like fit, but it is all do to the length of the toe box. overall i'm still impressed with what adi is doing with all their footwear, but the lack of puremotion is what holds this shoe back from what could be one the best shoes out there.... for what's out in the market when it comes to basketball footwear, adi gives you exactly what you need, a quality and durable performing shoe for a pretty affordable price ($100 for the 1.0 and 1.5 retail and $110 for the 2.0), where as of late nike has been on this flywire/hyperfuse gimmick in order to "cut weight" but essentially they're just taking a short cut on quality of the shoe and still demanding ridiculous prices (hyperfuse + flywire + air max = $180+)..... with all that said as good of a shoe the adizero rose 2.0 is, for now my go to shoes will stay the 1.5 or SN Creators.

IMO 1.5.... rose 1.0 was built for speed as the 2.0 are... but the 1.5 is an upgrade of the 1.5, more of a luxury type shoe. speed but with more cushioning and a better smoother ride.... the 2.0 would be up there but it's 2 steps back due to the lack of puremotion

i have abit of the same feelings as dneo, except that i did not like the supernaturals. i felt they were way too mushy. and also that the swoosh is really pushing it.
im big on the swoosh, but still...

the 1.5 was great for me, though i wished the traction could be a tad more sharper/pronounced.

for now though, my fav balling shoes would be Kobe 2/2k4/1.5

sprained my ankle really really bad in the kobe Vs, so i dun really wanna go back to them. just a personal thing. 10 months and still not fully healed.

the only reason i've fallen to the SNCreators is because i'm recovering from a meniscus tear surgery so with that on both knees in 4 years i need a shoe with cushioning so the full puremotion of the SNC really helps with it, but out of the rose line from SNC to 2.0.... 1.5 would be it

The 2.0 is a great shoe. I prefer the 1.5 out of all the Rose sigs but that's do to the better ankle support and the traction/heel to toe transition is better on the 1 and 1.5 I kept slipping in the big toe area when pushing off to make a quick lateral cut.
And Adidas is for sure making great balling shoes at great prices that are better quality compared to Nike IMO.

Unfortuntely Puremotion isn't in this one which is the best cushioning/traction outsole ever placed on a shoe (BIG THANKS TO FYW - crazy8/adidastopten2000). I've been ballin' in my 2.0's for a while now and i am absolutely happy with them. I don't play in the Kobe's as much anymore because the adidas basketball line is offering more. The traction on the 2.0 gives you that grip when you cut and the speed is amazing. Much faster than any kobe shoe I have tried. Maybe the 4/5's, but these are on another level.

I wish I had picked up some 1.5's last year though. Totally missed out. The quality and performance are just insane in these 2.0's. Can't wait to get the 2.5's that release next month.

are there any pics of the 2.5s? i just recently picked up the 2.0s so I dont know much about this line

Anybody think the fit is too snug? I had to go half a size up because it felt so tight because I wear an ankle brace to play.

The shoe is now a bit too long for me, although the width is right. Should I return it for my original size and hope that the width stretches out a bit more?

And can anybody talk about ankle lockdown on these shoes? I'm worried that the straps doesnt protect from sprains as well as the 1.5s

Originally Posted by scmtkings4

are there any pics of the 2.5s? i just recently picked up the 2.0s so I dont know much about this line

Anybody think the fit is too snug? I had to go half a size up because it felt so tight because I wear an ankle brace to play.

The shoe is now a bit too long for me, although the width is right. Should I return it for my original size and hope that the width stretches out a bit more?

And can anybody talk about ankle lockdown on these shoes? I'm worried that the straps doesnt protect from sprains as well as the 1.5s

Pictures 
The fit of the shoe is narrow and long. So if you have a narrow foot, you should go a half size down for an amazing fit. For wide feet, try half size up. The straps provide ultimate lockdown protection so you shouldn't be getting sprains in these, but it's not a guarantee. You can get sprains from any shoe. The advantage of the 2.0 is that the heel lockdown and sprint frame keep your feet stable with no possible movement within the shoe during play. The less movement in your shoes, the less chances of ankle injury and sprains you will get. The way the ankle is held in the shoe is on point so you shouldn't worry too much. 

ahh i see. thanks for the help. now that the pics of the 2.5s are up, which do you think would be better performance wise?

based on the soles, i belive the 2.5s would have superior grip just because it loses that lava design. and the fact that these are true high tops would probably protect better against ankle sprains.

but the reason i liked the 2.0s is because the straps allowed me to fit my brace in better.

im considering returning my 2.0s to try out the 2.5s before deciding on which shoe to get because im confused now. i dont want to regret any purchases

Originally Posted by DNeou20

This is what i've bene saying since the SN Creator (granted i didn't grab them until this past summer). Adi is really performance and quality driven and their shoes are built to last and to perform real well. I've really steered away from the swoosh when it comes to hooping shoes (except for kobes) and have stuck to the Rose line primarily because of the puremotion setup starting with the SN Creator then pushed onto the 1.0 and 1.5. I must say, the 1.5 are my favorites by far right now when it coes to any performance shoe though.

The 2.0 is a great performance shoe just as many Adi shoes these days, but it is 1 step or 2 back from the 1.0 and 1.5. Rather than the fluidness of puremotion that allows you to almost roll into every movement they went back to a more conventional shoe with a outrigger (place of discomfort for me). The outrigger to me is the only problem other than the lack of puremotion because of it being placed too close to the midfoot, but it does make you play moreso on your toes, pushing towards playing fast. The sprint frame and y3 based collar is PERFECT on these. The fit is absolutely right, snug and keeps the foot in place, specifically around the heel due to the y3 inspired gore bands able to adjust to what you have on your ankles (tape, just socks, or speedwraps/braces like drose). Cushion wise, they're a bit softer than the 1.0 but still a bit firm until broken in... People have pretty much compared them to the CL saying a more updated and firmer version of it which i can see, but can't say i agree with since i never had the chance to play in them. the ride though is really smooth and once broken in the splatter traction works really well (maybe not on dusty courts as you experienced duckness). also adding onto what Duckness said, the length of the shoe is a bit longer than the predecessors which fit true to size for me, in the 2.0 i had to go down half a size for a perfect fit, a full size would have created a cleat like fit, but it is all do to the length of the toe box. overall i'm still impressed with what adi is doing with all their footwear, but the lack of puremotion is what holds this shoe back from what could be one the best shoes out there.... for what's out in the market when it comes to basketball footwear, adi gives you exactly what you need, a quality and durable performing shoe for a pretty affordable price ($100 for the 1.0 and 1.5 retail and $110 for the 2.0), where as of late nike has been on this flywire/hyperfuse gimmick in order to "cut weight" but essentially they're just taking a short cut on quality of the shoe and still demanding ridiculous prices (hyperfuse + flywire + air max = $180+)..... with all that said as good of a shoe the adizero rose 2.0 is, for now my go to shoes will stay the 1.5 or SN Creators.

Even before I felt like Adidas basketball always produced great sneakers. My all time favorite balling sneakers are the Kobe I or Crazy I now that it's been retroed. Great performance. Only issues I had was the ventilation and in terms of aestetics the fact that it creases and forms odd shapes. But adiprene+ and the torsion system are simple yet great. 

good point. i never had the kobe series and just got the crazy 8s this past retro and they feel nice. i didn't get into adidas until the gil series but the tech at that time just wasn't doing it for me

Might get the adirose 2.5. I recently bought the Adirose 1 and didn't like it, Adidas foot sizing is weird and the geofit was bothering the back of my foot

Originally Posted by yelloo

Might get the adirose 2.5. I recently bought the Adirose 1 and didn't like it, Adidas foot sizing is weird and the geofit was bothering the back of my foot

Yeah, the Geofit collar rubbed against the Achilles for some people. Adidas has recently changed the lasts in their shoes, in order to fit a larger variety of players, and it is for the better. The AdiRose 1.5, the 2.0, and the 2.5 fit perfectly at the heel, really snug fit, no slippage, then all have sufficient room at the toe box. Before, with some of their shoes, in the Howard line in particular, the heel fit was wide, then also featuring a narrow toe box.  With the newer lasts being used, this has been corrected in their hoops performance line, including both the Howard and Rose line.  

the geofit was hit or miss with a lot of people, i think once broken in it went pretty nicely as long as you dind't wear no show socks.... i just pretty much rolled the collar for a little while to break it in

anyone have the 2.5s? i tried a pair on at fl a few days ago but it felt like my my foot was at a weird angle with it on

Back
Top Bottom