After Debris settles and the dust gets swept off...

This has been a long struggle and journey but we are half way there folks. We had to meet up with the Realtor today for the home inspection so I snapped somephotos... enjoy

This is a shot of the neighborhood

Master Bedroom upstairs

This is the yard next door... I swear dudes had a chicken coupe next door
laugh.gif

congrats!
how much???
i closing on my joint the 30th!!!
owning>>>>>>>renting

rent was $1300 (3 bedroom hood official tho...)in silver spring to $1600 (4bedrooms w/backyard nice area) in germantown.
got on some directbuy and finna get bizz on DIY projects to ^^^ the value for when i rent it out in a few years. i will rtansfer to another duty station in 2-3yrs(im military)

ALSO
8 G's for 1st time home buyers
U getting ur's??

Originally Posted by egaroc1

congrats!
how much???
i closing on my joint the 30th!!!
owning>>>>>>>renting

rent was $1300 (3 bedroom hood official tho...)in silver spring to $1600 (4bedrooms w/backyard nice area) in germantown.
got on some directbuy and finna get bizz on DIY projects to ^^^ the value for when i rent it out in a few years. i will rtansfer to another duty station in 2-3 yrs(im military)

ALSO
8 G's for 1st time home buyers
U getting ur's??
Foreclosure for the come up!!! Offered $168k and we pay closing (offer keep us from a bidding war...joint had 2-3 other offers on it). Houses inthe area are going from $225k-400k. Scooped this up for nearly $60K under assessments

**Short-sale** does not mean short process by the way. Our 1st offer on a crib went in on 8/26/09, seller approved 2 days and till this day we havent heardback from their bank yet
laugh.gif

We are getting the tax credit but really its just a bonus. Our goal was to get a house while the market was still in the buyers court. I heard they (Them boysa.k.a. the gov) is working on extending the tax credit.

My advice to anyone that is reading would be to SAVE. I went from buying everything under the sun to just straight saving and paying off debt! Ive bought 2 or3 pairs of shoes within the last 4 months and only spent like $200 total (was doing about $200-$400 earlier in the year)

I've learned so much bout the process at this point though.... oh and if your credit score is below a 650 then the banks will try to play you. i just gotmine back up after a few mistakes (mainly all of 2007-2008)
laugh.gif
but shout out to www.freecreditreport.com for making me feel bad enough to watch my creditscore like a hawk. Dispute Dispute Dispute FTW!
pimp.gif

Congrats brother.

You know my situation, I'll pray about it and be right behind you in 2010 hopefully.
laugh.gif

Can't wait to fins studs and put up the wall mounts for the HDTVs...
pimp.gif

Congrats my man.... this is always a good thing for a family. Equity is a mutha... by the way...

Big Baller got the Double side by side Bathtubs for you to jump in and out of ....Stuntin...

WITH and inside pool to boot behind you
roll.gif

But seriously.. congrats.. thats a nice steal and a great place for real.... this still South of us all? Ole Teddy Ruxpin lookin Boi (you look taller inmirrors) no Rainbow.

Dude, congrats. It definitely puts things in perspective for you. My *** bought a brand new house AND got married all in September. All within a week of eachother.

Oh, and Kev, I feel you on the tv thing. I just put one on the wall in the bedroom yesterday. Bob Villa skills!

Lmao @ my indoor pool
laugh.gif

But buying a house and married within the same month though? Shhhoooooot! I told my girl "Now is the time to buy a house! The price of getting marrieddoes not change based on the economy. I'd much rather put this towards a down paymnt on a house and we can have a reception in the backyard"

Mom blessed me with her wedding ring so that's just a matter of time.

Thats what's up... I didn't know they had nieghborhoods that nice down there...

*pause*

waits for Kev to give me middle finger.........

I kid I kid.. but that joint is nice.. I keep lookin at the pics and the price you paid and think man you got a GREAT deal.. Up this way that house would gofor double the assessed price you stated. Congrats again my man.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Thats what's up... I didn't know they had nieghborhoods that nice down there...

*pause*

waits for Kev to give me middle finger.........

I kid I kid.. but that joint is nice.. I keep lookin at the pics and the price you paid and think man you got a GREAT deal.. Up this way that house would go for double the assessed price you stated. Congrats again my man.

Its all in the location cause that same house in Glen Allen, VA (bout18 mins away) would have been about $300k, I was really only looking for foreclosed homescause I would get more bang for the buck (all %+%#).

My co-workers sister brought a house in this same neighborhood less than a month ago for $200k. It was last sold at $298k back in 06'... now thats a comeup.
eek.gif

HGTV really helped out as well.... " My First Place", "Property Virgins w/ Sandra Renomatto", "House Hunters" i used to hatethese type of shows

Hey.. when you are dealing in hundreds of thousands of dollars of YOUR money... then any and everything you can see and hear helps my man. Just think when andIF the economy turns around... you will be sitting on GOLD Jerry GOLD...and can use it as an investment property not something to sell.....right away anyway...

That's the game...
wink.gif

Just messes up when you gotta play landlord and kick people out, waaaaay after the fact they ain't paid rent in Lord knows when.

I'm convinced, especially with houses/leases, laws are made to protect triflin' mutha #*$#!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

That's the game...
wink.gif

Just messes up when you gotta play landlord and kick people out, waaaaay after the fact they ain't paid rent in Lord knows when.

I'm convinced, especially with houses/leases, laws are made to protect triflin' mutha #*$#!

u ain't Neva lied... The worse the occupant the tougher it is! That's why u just gotta.... Nevermind because if I say it now then it's premeditated
laugh.gif
u get more time for that.

B congrats again my dude. I know we already talked man, but def wanted to say again I'm proud of you taking the step and making moves. Keep doing yourthing
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom