After Earning an AA Degree

Once you go to college fore 2 years or whatever length of time it takes to earn an associates degree

what did most of you guys that have it start earning?

Does your pay increase significantly or was it about the same as before you earned your associates.....

I really don't have a clue how it breaks down....... Nt school me on this

Go back and get a Bachelors.

I know it seems like a waste, but trust me, a Bachelors degree is quickly becoming like the new High School Diploma.

Originally Posted by soltheman

I know it seems like a waste, but trust me, a Bachelors degree is quickly becoming like the new High School Diploma.
Which one comes first?? B or associates
nerd.gif

QFT. Im on a double bachelor's program in order to stand out from the traditional one. Might stay in school and get a masters the way the economy isgoing..

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

nerd.gif
looks like he should be worried about the old high school diploma.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

nerd.gif

AAs are usually two years. Bachelors are typically four.

aa is absolutely worthless, i put that on applications, (because they ask, not because i care) i havent gotten called back for nothin! lol

Bachelors are equivalent to high school diplomas now. If you want to stay ahead of the game definitely goto graduate school/med/law something to extend youreducation past a bachelors.

Originally Posted by notoriousPAT

aa is absolutely worthless, i put that on applications, (because they ask, not because i care) i havent gotten called back for nothin! lol
Like that??
laugh.gif

I was ready to see an increase in cashflow after finishing the aa........ guess not
tired.gif

Hmm, this is certainly disheartening news about how "worthless" an associates degree is.
ohwell.gif

I am pursuing one currently, with graduation scheduled this spring, and I will appreciate that day fully.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayGrey

Hmm, this is certainly disheartening news about how "worthless" an associates degree is.
ohwell.gif

I am pursuing one currently, with graduation scheduled this spring, and I will appreciate that day fully.

Word...... same thing I was thinking
frown.gif

One day..... one day

I'm in marketing right now and I'll get my degree in the summer, walking this spring. There's not alot of job opportunities right now in marketing.A majority of the people whom I spoke with who do have marketing degrees told me they started off by selling door to door or just personal selling. If I wereyou I would go to graduate school, that's what alot of my professors and counselors have also mentioned.

AA's arent much but its somethin...not much tho.

man, i know im not the only person bout to graduate (BA) and scared S!!!less wit this job market...

I'll have my AA in Humanities this summer after I pass an art class. I don't plan on using, nor have I ever had any plans to use it.

In all actuality, I just want to stay in school for as long as I can so I can avoid adulthood. Therefore, I'm thinking the AA, double major in Bio andEnglish, then Dental School. All of this combined with a fall back in Pharmacy Technician.

That should afford me another decade of diminishing irresponsibility.

Back on topic, go get your BA/BS!

Originally Posted by thagreatj

AA's arent much but its somethin...not much tho.

man, i know im not the only person bout to graduate (BA) and scared S!!!less wit this job market...

Well there's always more school?

A lot of guys are going to grad, med, law, etc. simply because of the market.

i dunno... i was makin six figs/yr before i resigned last month with my AAS. maybe some of yall are just lame...

agree 100%. But if you are ME, EEE, CE, or CPE major you should be ok in finding a decent paying job. I'm a Computer Science major andI'm worried about finding a job. Everywhere is cutting people and on top of that companies stay outsourcing programming jobs to India.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

i dunno... i was makin six figs/yr before i resigned last month with my AAS. maybe some of yall are just lame...
Making 6 figs/year with an AA degree
eek.gif
eek.gif

Im sorry, not to hate but, Ducktales???

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

an AA is nothing, keep schooling
The truth. You only get AA at a JuCo's. You don't get that at a university.
laugh.gif
I know a couple of folks who got their Associatedegree by default before they transfer to a university.

Get a BA or BS. If you have the hunger for it, go for Masters. And if you're still a beast after that, Ph. D.

Edit: When I worked at Circuit City, 2 of my managers had AA and they were making $35k a year. They couldn't advance on up to be a store director becausethat required a Bachelor, and the store director was making $150,000.

^Long gone the days of advancement solely because of degree status. Especially circuit city, I see what your saying though.

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

^Long gone the days of advancement solely because of degree status. Especially circuit city, I see what your saying though.
Long gone, really? There's a brilliant guy that's in his mid 40s in the same class I'm taking. He's coming back for a BS becausehe's capped out at $95,000 a year w/o the degree. He needs the BS to break into the 6 figure mark.

^ In that case we can say he's grown with the companies team (since he's 40) and made his money young when he was on the corporate ladder. I'msaying those days are long gone, regardless of what type of degree you have, even your absent in one.

I know a guy just like yours that owns a couple of Supras and a 1989 8 series (sick one too) that grew with this industrial company of some sort and worked his%@% off until he was head of his branch.

Back
Top Bottom