Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in LA see it all the time. Y'all must be judging off eBay and online marketplace markups.

I dont see nds jams going for less than 300 and ds cords going for less than 300 out here in san diego.
Anyway, dude said he has another offer of jams and columbias plus cash that he's thinking about and he'll let me know. Told him legend blues are coming out this year and the 01 columbias can possibly have sole separation now if not soon. Not really rockable unless he just wants them for collection purposes.
I see the good and the bad of trading the xi's so I'll be good with whatever the outcome. I appreciate all your guys comments.

I see how value comes into play, but the main priority should be what you want more. Do you want the Banneds solely due to rarity, or actual appeal? Would you rather have the XI's and cash in your pocket? The choice is yours, it's not like anyone is getting jipped.

Would you guys trade your Space Jams 9.9/10, Concords DS, and $200 cash for a DS pair of Banned's? I know it's my decision but I just want others opinions. Thanks.
I gave up DS Concords & Bred 11 + $350 for a DS Pair of banned. Don't regret it at all.

^ ok, good. whew! :lol:

had me worried, cuz i got a icy pair of DS 2000 space jams i plan to wear eventually (thinking about dyeing them blue tho).

^ ok, good. whew! :lol:

had me worried, cuz i got a icy pair of DS 2000 space jams i plan to wear eventually (thinking about dyeing them blue tho).

also check where the midsole meets the patent leather. it tends to separate also but I never thought it was a big deal since your foot pushes the patent outward when wearing so the separation wouldn't be seen at all.

never saw a stiff or falling apart midsole on XIs unless they were beat to all heck even then they dont crumble or anything just come apart and is an easy fix with E6000

With newer retros, there isn't a problem. But the 95, 96 releases are unbearable l, have stiff cushion, and are uncomfortable. The early 00's retros have similar problems if they've been kept DS. Once worn they'll separate. Once reglued they'll be stiffer, making them more uncomfortable.

If they're worn periodically over the years they'll be fine. But the shelf life of the 1's are unmatchable.

With newer retros, there isn't a problem. But the 95, 96 releases are unbearable l, have stiff cushion, and are uncomfortable. The early 00's retros have similar problems if they've been kept DS. Once worn they'll separate. Once reglued they'll be stiffer, making them more uncomfortable.

If they're worn periodically over the years they'll be fine. But the shelf life of the 1's are unmatchable.
I will say there is alot to be said for old construction as opposed to todays heavier use of "space age" materials and glue. Modern materials make things look sleek and cool but that is where longevity can suffer.

I started with 1s in grade school, love em and have paid some resell for this years retros but i just cant justify the prices for this shoe. If a pair came around and i could work a trade of sorts but no way i would consider hunting a pair down for a straight cash deal.

multiple pairs plus cash for banneds, well damn. 

i knew i came out winning when i basically traded 2013 royals plus 150 for ds banneds, now i feel like a god. word to kanye

not srs.

what sizes were you dudes, that also plays a part in value of banneds...well sort of. 

I will say there is alot to be said for old construction as opposed to todays heavier use of "space age" materials and glue. Modern materials make things look sleek and cool but that is where longevity can suffer.

There's not much difference between the construction of originals and retros. Originals and early retros were far superior then today's construction however, because originals were made for court play, and early retros 94, 99-04 used premium materials. Modern shoes are strictly for casual wear, and use lower quality to maximize profit,

That's not what I was originally saying tho. I was saying originals and early retros are unwearable because of time. And believe me they lasted way longer then cheaper retros today.

multiple pairs plus cash for banneds, well damn. 
i knew i came out winning when i basically traded 2013 royals plus 150 for ds banneds, now i feel like a god. word to kanye
not srs.

what sizes were you dudes, that also plays a part in value of banneds...well sort of. 

No your right. Some sizes were produced less. Coming across a 9 is hard then a mug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom