Air Jordan 1 "Top Three" To Release This Holiday (555088-026 $160)

Woke up this morning and saw paypal authorized a payment for 166$.

As I was about to panic, I saw the next email say i accidentally won the END raffle for these goofys smh

Of all raffles to win 
alien.gif

If I dont like them in person, ill just give them to my homie since were the same size 
Thanks man

Keep em dude. I'm 41 years old and I can't wait to get my pair. Just don't over match. Solid color tshirt or hoodie. Keep it simple.
Having such a hard time deciding whether to keep or get rid of these. On one hand, feels like people half my age got better business wearing kicks this bold. On the other, some of the on foot pics I've seen look real good. Plus just realized they perfectly compliment one of my fave t-shirts. LOL.

Get my money back with a few extra bucks for a free lunch thru GOAT - or keep & rock maybe a handful of times all year? Damn what to do. Haha.

View media item 2248943

IMO, sell them now if you can now because it may get more difficult to sell in the next few months.

Have a look , the resellers are busting at the seams with these.

usual saturday releases arrive by thursday. however both bred and sbb 2.0'release was terrible.took over 2
weeks for both with them getting redirected for no reason and even them telling me shoes were unavailable and refunding me. eventually got both but shipping has been **** my last two experiences with no logical or reasonable explanation
I'm glad I live one state near Tennessee, it's always 2 day shipping for free

usual saturday releases arrive by thursday. however both bred and sbb 2.0'release was terrible.took over 2
weeks for both with them getting redirected for no reason and even them telling me shoes were unavailable and refunding me. eventually got both but shipping has been **** my last two experiences with no logical or reasonable explanation

The shipping times lately have been longer than normal. Incidentally, I'm on the east coast.

Here's something interesting.

I ordered a pair of kicks last week from ShoePalace. I received TWO notices from UPS that the shipment will be delayed.
No explanation like bad weather, just delays.

Here's another fact.

Last night I went to my local UPS station at 8:45 pm to pick up a package I wasn't home to sign for.
When I arrived, there there were 62 people in line to pick up their packages.

The UPS guy comes out from behind the counter and says that he apologies but out of the 62 packages to be picked up they only had 3 in hand.
The reason is that the drivers are still on the road finishing their routes and have not gotten back to the station.
Normally the drivers are back by 7pm and turn in any undelivered packages so they can be picked up by the public between 8-9 pm.
The sheer volume of shipments from black friday- cyber monday is overwhelming UPS. Some drivers we were told are getting back until 11 pm.
Guess it's not fun to be a UPS driver this week.

Needless to say there was almost a riot as everyone got the bad news, I heard everything from I need my mobile phone, my medication, my presentation material, my cruise tickets, etc.

Bottom line, you should expect more than the usual shipping delays this holiday season.

The shipping times lately have been longer than normal. Incidentally, I'm on the east coast.

Here's something interesting.

I ordered a pair of kicks last week from ShoePalace. I received TWO notices from UPS that the shipment will be delayed.
No explanation like bad weather, just delays.

Here's another fact.

Last night I went to my local UPS station at 8:45 pm to pick up a package I wasn't home to sign for.
When I arrived, there there were 62 people in line to pick up their packages.

The UPS guy comes out from behind the counter and says that he apologies but out of the 62 packages to be picked up they only had 3 in hand.
The reason is that the drivers are still on the road finishing their routes and have not gotten back to the station.
Normally the drivers are back by 7pm and turn in any undelivered packages so they can be picked up by the public between 8-9 pm.
The sheer volume of shipments from black friday- cyber monday is overwhelming UPS. Some drivers we were told are getting back until 11 pm.
Guess it's not fun to be a UPS driver this week.

Needless to say there was almost a riot as everyone got the bad news, I heard everything from I need my mobile phone, my medication, my presentation material, my cruise tickets, etc.

Bottom line, you should expect more than the usual shipping delays this holiday season.
Yeah. I've been spazzing out as well but I'll chill out now. I'm in Georgia so my pair is supposed to show up Monday after 3 delays.

Don't let age stop you from buying/wearing what you like 
Keep em dude. I'm 41 years old and I can't wait to get my pair. Just don't over match. Solid color tshirt or hoodie. Keep it simple.
Thanks guys. I'm turning 40 next month. When you're usually the oldest dude picking up your kicks at the stores, you forget there are still a lot of OG's out there that enjoy this s**t too. Looking younger than my actual age helps a bit too I guess. 
laugh.gif

Yeah. I've been spazzing out as well but I'll chill out now. I'm in Georgia so my pair is supposed to show up Monday after 3 delays.

Thats tragic man. I'm in the A and I got my pair on Thursday, but my cousin got his the day before at the same address. Guess we got lucky.

Don't let age stop you from buying/wearing what you like 
Thanks guys. I'm turning 40 next month. When you're usually the oldest dude picking up your kicks at the stores, you forget there are still a lot of OG's out there that enjoy this s**t too. Looking younger than my actual age helps a bit too I guess. 
laugh.gif

This. The Air Jordan legacy transcends generations. In this case, three in my clan.

I'm in my 40s and my pops and uncles are well into their late 60s and even they are still rocking Jordans to this day. My teenage son has a handful of pairs.

Every weekend Pops takes his Harley out for a cruise and there are times when old dude is rockin' the OG Playoff 12s I bought for him in the 90s when takin' his chromed out softail deuce custom for a ride.

Thanks guys. I'm turning 40 next month. When you're usually the oldest dude picking up your kicks at the stores, you forget there are still a lot of OG's out there that enjoy this s**t too. Looking younger than my actual age helps a bit too I guess. :lol:  

Didn't have much of any as kid. Enjoying them now. Forget anyone else's opinion. Congrats on your pickups.

Thanks guys. I'm turning 40 next month. When you're usually the oldest dude picking up your kicks at the stores, you forget there are still a lot of OG's out there that enjoy this s**t too. Looking younger than my actual age helps a bit too I guess. :lol:  

Shout out to my boy Jeff.

This. The Air Jordan legacy transcends generations. In this case, three in my clan.

I'm in my 40s and my pops and uncles are well into their late 60s and even they are still rocking Jordans to this day. My teenage son has a handful of pairs.

Every weekend Pops takes his Harley out for a cruise and there are times when old dude is rockin' the OG Playoff 12s I bought for him in the 90s when takin' his chromed out softail deuce custom for a ride.
Didn't have much of any as kid. Enjoying them now. Forget anyone else's opinion. Congrats on your pickups.
Most def. We're the generation where sneaker culture really blew up. Back in the day when my parents took me to the mall to get their shopping in, I would tell them to leave me at the shoe store so I could stare at the wall of sneakers for a while. They would never drop the dough on a pair of J's for me tho. Usually had to compromise on a Nike Air cross trainer or a Reebok Pump on sale.
laugh.gif
 So a lot of it for me now is just enjoying what I didn't get to as a kid, but also reminiscing back to a much more simple time. Wife kinda rolls her eyes at my habit, but it's my time to shine!!! LOL. 
Shout out to my boy Jeff.

pimp.gif
 Appreciate it fam.

Most def. We're the generation where sneaker culture really blew up. Back in the day when my parents took me to the mall to get their shopping in, I would tell them to leave me at the shoe store so I could stare at the wall of sneakers for a while. They would never drop the dough on a pair of J's for me tho. Usually had to compromise on a Nike Air cross trainer or a Reebok Pump on sale.
laugh.gif
 So a lot of it for me now is just enjoying what I didn't get to as a kid, but also reminiscing back to a much more simple time. Wife kinda rolls her eyes at my habit, but it's my time to shine!!! LOL. 
Same here fam. I clearly remember those days. Fond memories indeed. 

I'll never forget back in '91, basketball season had just begun and I needed a new pair of J's to rock on court because my 4s and 5s were beat from indoor/outdoor court use and I somehow convinced my parents to take me to the mall (I'll never forget it was at Champs) to go try on a pair of OG Carmine 6s. Tried em on, loved the fit, and told Moms I had to have em. So we walk to the register to pay for them, but I never walked out with the shoes. Found out my mom put them on lay-away and I was in depression for weeks lol.

Pops then surprised me a couple weeks later when he finally brought home the pair. The shoes are long gone but I still have the original box as well as on-court pics of me ballin in em against Compton Dominguez High and Artesia High back in the early 90s.

Last edited:

I'll never forget back in '91, basketball season had just begun and I needed a new pair of J's to rock on court because my 4s and 5s were beat from indoor/outdoor court use and I somehow convinced my parents to take me to the mall (I'll never forget it was at Champs) to go try on a pair of OG Carmine 6s. Tried em on, loved the fit, and told Moms I had to have em. So we walk to the register to pay for them, but I never walked out with the shoes. Found out my mom put them on lay-away and I was in depression for weeks lol.

Pops then surprised me a couple weeks later when he finally brought home the pair. The shoes are long gone but I still have the original box as well as on-court pics of me ballin in em against Compton Dominguez High and Artesia High back in the early 90s.
That's ill, you've gotta bless us with those photos of you wearing them my man.

That's ill, you've gotta bless us with those photos of you wearing them my man.
Gotta pull them from old albums in the garage. If I have time later today I'll do so

You know one of the best parts of this story is that it's a throwback to when it was really all about the love of the shoe and, at least for me, coveting a pair cause I wanted to be like Mike.

These days with resellers running the game, you're really not sure what to make of it half the time. Shout out to those old enough to know what it was like in the late 80's through early 90's. 

And yeah, sharing those pics one day would be dope. 

My shipment have the same status. This is due to the wild fire in Tenn. Spoke to Nike chat and was told they don't know when UPS will be able to ship it out. Didn't ask for any discounts since didn't think Nike did anything wrong. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

IM IN MEMPHIS. YOUR DELAYED SHIPMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WILD FIRE IN GATLINBURG...ITS 6HRS AWAY FROM MEMPHIS.

ITS HOLIDAY SEASON. DELIVERIES ARE ALWAYS DELAYED THIS TIME OF THE YEAR... YOU HAVENT RECOGNIZED THIS BY NOW??

MY TOP 3'S WERE DELAYED A DAY AND IM 20MIN FROM WHERE THE SHOES SHIP FROM.

I'm 42 bro, I wouldn't wear a supreme blue n red flannel with these, just simple clothes. The shoes are just dope!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom