Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

Got lucky and found a pair at JD Sports today

45D2EBB3-C760-4073-86BA-936A7BD65560.jpeg

It actually is

Look close enough in the light and you'll see it faintly.
It just looks like the texture of the material to me, not an intended elephant print LOL
I'm intrigued by this material, whatever it is (nubuck, synthetic suede, whatever). I don't recall ever seeing it on another Nike/Jordan retro.

It just looks like the texture of the material to me, not an intended elephant print LOL
I'm intrigued by this material, whatever it is (nubuck, synthetic suede, whatever). I don't recall ever seeing it on another Nike/Jordan retro.

Technically that's all elephant print is. It's a coating of paint over the texture, and it's leaves the pours unpainted. Whatever it is, I'm sure all the colorways took from that

I can’t believe how much more comfy these are than regular 11s.. Huge difference honestly surprised MJ didn’t play in these more often than he did..

I can’t believe how much more comfy these are than regular 11s.. Huge difference honestly surprised MJ didn’t play in these more often than he did..
These being leather make them more comfy than the regular 11s right off the bat. Also, they aren't pinky toe killers because the toebox is more roomy. Don't get me wrong i find the regular 11's to be comfortable but that patent leather is really stiff and has to be broken in to find any sort of comfort.

5 pairs is pretty nuts. I'll be happy with my two pairs lol. Even when the breds came out in 2019 I "only" tripled up and that's my fav shoe ever.

5th pair? Now we are talking. Pair number 1 starting off as house slippers first?
Nope, just wore them out to get some groceries. You’ll love this, though: left shoe already faintly squeaking 🤣
Didn’t think I’d have to bust out the wd40 on day two LOL
5 pairs is pretty nuts. I'll be happy with my two pairs lol. Even when the breds came out in 2019 I "only" tripled up and that's my fav shoe ever.
I’ve been waiting for this shoe longer than any. 25 years, ever since I was broke in college and didn’t buy them when I could. Every time they’ve retroed incorrectly has enraged me LOL.
The thing with these is, unlike Concords etc, who knows if they’ll ever come back. And I can wear these with anything, including to the office, a lot easier than I can my beloved patent mids. So yeah, five pairs 🤣🔥🤷‍♂️

EDIT: I should’ve known. There’s always SOMETHING. I took out the left insole, and the squeaking went away, so that’s an easy fix. But when I pulled it out, I discovered that on this retro they changed the strobel design. The two little holes that have been in so many Nikes for countless years are now plugged with some hard resin or plastic material. This means that when these start to squeak from inside the midsole, the one and only solution I ever found for it—spraying a tiny bit of wd40 into the hole(s)—is no longer possible. That method saved my navy snake XI lows. I can’t believe this 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Nope, just wore them out to get some groceries. You’ll love this, though: left shoe already faintly squeaking 🤣
Didn’t think I’d have to bust out the wd40 on day two LOL

I’ve been waiting for this shoe longer than any. 25 years, ever since I was broke in college and didn’t buy them when I could. Every time they’ve retroed incorrectly has enraged me LOL.
The thing with these is, unlike Concords etc, who knows if they’ll ever come back. And I can wear these with anything, including to the office, a lot easier than I can my beloved patent mids. So yeah, five pairs 🤣🔥🤷‍♂️

EDIT: I should’ve known. There’s always SOMETHING. I took out the left insole, and the squeaking went away, so that’s an easy fix. But when I pulled it out, I discovered that on this retro they changed the strobel design. The two little holes that have been in so many Nikes for countless years are now plugged with some hard resin or plastic material. This means that when these start to squeak from inside the midsole, the one and only solution I ever found for it—spraying a tiny bit of wd40 into the hole(s)—is no longer possible. That method saved my navy snake XI lows. I can’t believe this 🤦‍♂️
That squeaking is one of the things i hate the most about 11's especially the IE's. For some reason the squeaking is the worst when you're walking on hard indoor flooring.

I know these are not super hard to get but I have a size 12 being held for me until the end of the day. If someone wants them retail/tax/ship

Let me know.

Since its still 90 plus in Houston I have worn one of my pairs for the last three days and I love them. Man I miss the 90s

Back
Top Bottom