Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I remember back in June I sold my black/red 8’s with the original box and shipped it in a shipping box. I mentioned on the listing and provided pics of the flaws, which wasn’t many. So in late August, I get a package. This fool sent back the shoe in the original boxed all taped up. So box was destroyed off rip. I got the tape out, opened the shoe and man....the shoe looked like it’s been used on a construction site. The shoe was not in the condition I sent it out in. So the buyer filed a claim on PayPal saying the shoe wasn’t as described. So of course PayPal took his side and gave him his money back. That’s when I got in contact with PayPal to appeal. Eventually they sided with me and gave me my money back they originally took out. It just didn’t make sense someone waiting almost 3 months to return a pair of shoes, destroys it and file a claim cause it wasn’t as described. This is the first time this has happened and I’ve been selling shoes on eBay since 05 and have 100% feedback.

pics of the shoe when the buyer returned it :smh:
FCFF8C8E-14BA-4335-8332-111D04BC6ECE.jpeg 78F52AFB-DA90-40FC-9147-438D6584CEB1.jpeg C226E50D-6F30-4B48-84EE-D810AA638B64.jpeg 68D8378B-09A5-4513-9FA6-1EE82BBC4D6C.jpeg F198468D-2596-433D-B402-7982705D75A8.jpeg

some people got balls of steel to have the nerve to do that

Probably Foot Locker.

They used to say "FTL" "CHM" or "EAS" for the various stores on those stickers, but my pair that I picked up on Saturday from Foot Locker is basically the same as yours and doesn't have the FTL code on it.

I've been selling shoes on Ebay off and on for almost 15 yrs. 100% feedback. Stoked about this news since my sales have increased substantially in the the past 2 yrs. Gonna kill em in 2020. I've never used stockx and don't intend to. Ebay is cool because at least you can see pics of the shoes you're getting. Like many people say people tend to dump flawed pairs over there. I know people do it on ebay too but at least you have a chance to see some pics especially if you ask the seller

Actually now that you mention it. I have had a couple issues lately. I'm hoping it was just some rare occurrences. One of them I really got ****ed! So i sold a dude some crimson tints. Tracking showed they were delivered. Dude filed a claim with his card company two weeks after they were delivered. Paypal was on some bull****. They said the card company sided with the buyer. So paypal protection is a bunch of crap. I didn't get my shoes back and they took my money. That scam got me for $220.

Also if i get scammed again in the near future i admit I'm probably done with Ebay. But assuming it don't happen in 2020, no seller fees is great news. However, I believe scamming is at an all time high in business and with the sneaker industry growing this stuff will continue to happen. The best way to avoid it is to have and build your established clientele and when you do sell to a stranger just make sure y'all have some good communication to cover yourself

Damn my G, your opinion changed fast. :lol:

I've been trying to figure out what it is about newer XI's that look off even with them being updated since 2016.. and this video finally explains it (especially on the forefoot sole at the 5:58 mark)! I STILL think XI's since 2016 are done super well but this matters.. to me at least lol..

Last edited:
how the heck does paypal side with the buyer after tracking says its delivered? i'm baffled

They will always side with the buyer. :smh:
As a seller, the one thing I always warn people about eBay is you can take the best pics, good description, do signature, etc.
But all the buyer has to say is they didn't receive what you listed, its fake or not as described & you are screwed. :ohwell:

I have had friends record a FedEX employee packaging and shipping an item from start to finish, to protect himself against possible fraud & a claim got opened & he still lost the claim. |l

PO

I've been trying to figure out what it is about newer XI's that look off even with them being updated since 2016.. and this video finally explains it (especially on the forefoot sole at the 5:58 mark)! I STILL think XI's since 2016 are done super well but this matters.. to me at least lol..

Retros are at the point now where they should be. Not spot on but Close enough or good enough. Acceptable. They should’ve never fallen any further away than this.

They will always side with the buyer. :smh:
As a seller, the one thing I always warn people about eBay is you can take the best pics, good description, do signature, etc.
But all the buyer has to say is they didn't receive what you listed, its fake or not as described & you are screwed. :ohwell:

I have had friends record a FedEX employee packaging and shipping an item from start to finish, to protect himself against possible fraud & a claim got opened & he still lost the claim. |l

PO

I sold one pair of shoes on ebay when I was like 16, it was a pair of electrolime foams. This was probably back in like 2012. Sale went smoothly, guy got his shoes and I spent the money in my account that next day on the Bred 11's.

A week later the guy opens a case saying he didn't get them, had signature confirmation. PP still sides with him. There was no money in my account so it went negative. Account gets locked because I was not paying them that money back and taking that loss. Eventually it went to collections, luckily I never added my social security # to it, or real debit cards.

Got a couple calls about the money I "owed" paypal from some collection aency couple months down the line. I just denied it and told them I was under 18 and I can't have a PP account. I'm 23 now have made a new PP account and haven't heard anything about that 289.63 I "owe" Paypal.

It also hasn't showed up on my credit report either...with that being said I'm not selling on ebay ever again.

Im impatient on wanting to get another pair. Its probably because my package is at the in-laws (live in oregon to save on tax) and i havent gone to pick it up yet

I sold one pair of shoes on ebay when I was like 16, it was a pair of electrolime foams. This was probably back in like 2012. Sale went smoothly, guy got his shoes and I spent the money in my account that next day on the Bred 11's.

A week later the guy opens a case saying he didn't get them, had signature confirmation. PP still sides with him. There was no money in my account so it went negative. Account gets locked because I was not paying them that money back and taking that loss. Eventually it went to collections, luckily I never added my social security # to it, or real debit cards.

Got a couple calls about the money I "owed" paypal from some collection aency couple months down the line. I just denied it and told them I was under 18 and I can't have a PP account. I'm 23 now have made a new PP account and haven't heard anything about that 289.63 I "owe" Paypal.

It also hasn't showed up on my credit report either...with that being said I'm not selling on ebay ever again.
I don’t mess with eBay. For selling or buying, there’s too much risk and headache.

I’ve sold black cements 3’s and he got games 13’s on eBay last year. I provided the original receipt and everything. Never had a problem. I’ve sold jordans on eBay way before StockX and goat came about and never had an issue. They were mostly ds pairs though.

This is the I don’t know how to eBay thread. I been on eBay since 02 and never caught a L.
:rofl:
This is a fact, been on eBay buying and reselling since 2007 and same thing for me.

Back to these XI’s though, just picked up my size 10 from SNKRS at the UPS Store While on my lunch break.

Life's been pretty hectic this week. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to check out my pairs. I'll wrap up the nicest one and put it under the Christmas tree. A gift to myself, FINALLY owning the GOAT sneaker.

Back
Top Bottom