Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Weird how my snkrs order says shipped but never updated and I was supposed to get them today I have a bad feeling about this

Seriously, I borderline hated that shoe when it dropped :rofl:
To this day the black/reds are still behind the concords and "Space Jams" in my book, and by quite a long way. I do like them now, and have for years, but I always thought the red sole actually made the shoe look cheaper/tackier and more childish than the concords and Jams. I still sort of feel that way. If they release again next December, I'll buy a pair but won't feel any need to get multiples.

I love the Concords, but the Blk/Reds are just as special, if for no other reason the sole doesn't yellow . SJs are third, Columbias are trash, I always hated that colorway.

Oh man! I freakin’ scored big time!! My SNKRS pair came in and JB blessed me with a game worn pair straight off of MJ’s feet! They came with authentic toe box creases and scratched patent leather. Thank you Nike!

Or @tonytobacco. My story is basically just what I said above, had nothing to do with another person or all that extra detail LOL. Either way, yup, the point is the exact same. I don't even remember how I knew the shoes were releasing on that day but didn't know what they looked like. I probably had just asked an employee at some point, or even called the Nike 800 number and said, "When do the black Air Jordans release?" I (we all?) just assumed it would be the ones MJ had worn in the 95 playoffs. I took those black/reds home and just kept looking at them and thinking, man this sucks, I don't even like this shoe. Funny thing is, that pair is the only one of my OG shoes I still have. Its on a shelf in one of my bookcases LOL

I don’t remember that issue....mine was there was no release date for the black and red or breds as the kids say.... I got the Eastbah one day early in the morning because I stayed home from school and saw them in there. Got the credit card from moms immediately and called in for the hard rejection. The lady was like honey these have been sold out. Called every shoe store from Florence Kentucky to Columbus Ohio with no luck.

Funny story to that is there was an old Nike outlet in Dry Ridge Kentucky that never had anything even back then....but apparently sometime in early 1997 they got a motherload of breds that sat for like a year. Someone posted a pic on here before of that outlet and they 11s, 12s, and maybe even 13s just
sitting.

I still can’t believe how this shoe sells out....and they are actually comfortable this time.

Columbias are trash, I always hated that colorway.
giphy.gif

Ha, I thought I was the only one. Quality of the retro especially considering the amount produced is amazing. But that cheap plastic paper is just wrong....

isnt that black plastic more durable than the regular paper? i dont see these ripping on me if i put the shoes back in too roughly, which happens often with the paper

if god forbid the bottom of youre shoebox gets wet or something. i would assume the black plastic would protect your kicks way better than the paper. that liquid/moisture gonna seep right thru that paper and touch ya kicks.

I don’t remember that issue....mine was there was no release date for the black and red or breds as the kids say.... I got the Eastbah one day early in the morning because I stayed home from school and saw them in there.

There most definitely was an in-store release date. It's why I was at the mall 30 minutes before it opened on that day. It wasn't a coincidence; you'd never see the college me awake that early on a class-free day, let alone awake that early and standing outside a Footlocker :lol:

Seriously, I borderline hated that shoe when it dropped :rofl:
To this day the black/reds are still behind the concords and "Space Jams" in my book, and by quite a long way. I do like them now, and have for years, but I always thought the red sole actually made the shoe look cheaper/tackier and more childish than the concords and Jams. I still sort of feel that way. If they release again next December, I'll buy a pair but won't feel any need to get multiples.

Wow, I couldn’t disagree more. The playoff 11 is easily every bit as iconic as the concords or jams. Black-red colorways in Jordans are usually the best, and I’d say the 11 is no exception. This was the first Jordan to actually sell out and the color blocking was absolute perfection. GOAT sneaker imo, though Concords are probably a close second.

Wow, I couldn’t disagree more. The playoff 11 is easily every bit as iconic as the concords or jams. Black-red colorways in Jordans are usually the best, and I’d say the 11 is no exception. This was the first Jordan to actually sell out and the color blocking was absolute perfection. GOAT sneaker imo, though Concords are probably a close second.

I didn't say they aren't iconic; I said I personally rank them third on the list of OG 11s. It's just my feeling, no one else has to feel that way. White and black Jordans are the best Jordan colorways in MY opinion, not black and red.

EDIT: Sorry, I know technically Space Jams aren't an OG release, but I'll always count them as an OG colorway since MJ wore them in '95.

Back
Top Bottom