AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by toughmoney

bigsupa you telling me if grape v's, sport blue vi's, or columbia xi's drop next year your not copping?

You know he is. We're all gonna be trying to copp. I really want a pair of carmine vi's. Ugh...this shoe is way too addictive. I want to stop but I can't. Quality dips, prices go up and I'm still buying.

Originally Posted by glove72

So since I'm bored and things are slow right now I'll bring this topic up.  We're debating this in my office.  Probably only relevant to those in the game for a while.

One of my homeboys, known him since '01...Jordan collection is disgusting sick.  Mine is ok, but he's owned hot fire since we were in college and they are all crispy.
Becasue JB is releasing so many classic retros the past 3 years (SpaceJams, CG XIs, Concords, Playoffs, Back Cements) I've been able to catch up with him...It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays...Now it's just "yeah we all have the same shoes...but what year edition are yours?"...

Thoughts?  If it werent for the retro releases, JB wouldnt be turning a profit I figure.  I stopped at XXIII.

With me it's not all about how many times a  shoe came out because I don't wear a new release until months/years later sometimes just to preserve that awe factor, and somewhat adds that valued status to the shoe on its own. Not TRYING to add that status but for one i put almost every new release on ice just because 93393943 people are going too have them on. The Olympic 7's are about too drop again this time without the LOTG tag on the side and i've still got a DS pair from 04, and a pair i've wore over the years. If i pull those out and wear them wherever people are going too
eek.gif
because they haven't seen it in so long/it's still in great condition. I wore my military IV's from 06' for the third time to the mall and dudes at Footlocker were asking me how i got a pair that early. I let time MAKE my shoe a grail as weird/ corny as as that sounds
laugh.gif
but time/condition>>> how new/popular the shoe is IMO. The flint XIII's from 05' got the same reaction when I wear them because people destroyed their pair from 2010 and probably forgot they dropped in 05'. So IMO it's not about how many times they retro a shoe or what they look like it's time/condition, especially if i can pull a pair of 04' Playoffs that look better over the course of 8 years than your pair that you got Saturday over 4 months.

bigsupa you telling me if grape v's, sport blue vi's, or columbia xi's drop next year your not copping?

-Not a fan of the Grapes
-Probably getting olympic 6s
-Nah...already have BRred, CG, SJ, and Concord 11s so don't need em.

I understand others love those though...

Maybe the one shoe I would chase at this point would be the Ice Blue Xs...I was living in London when they first came out and had a chance to get them but 190 British Pounds was out of my price range back then....

Originally Posted by grinding

You know he is. We're all gonna be trying to copp. I really want a pair of carmine vi's. Ugh...this shoe is way too addictive. I want to stop but I can't. Quality dips, prices go up and I'm still buying.

Yeah see, once I got the carmine 6s, I felt that door was closed...

Originally Posted by beh235

So since I'm bored and things are slow right now I'll bring this topic up.  We're debating this in my office.  Probably only relevant to those in the game for a while.

One of my homeboys, known him since '01...Jordan collection is disgusting sick.  Mine is ok, but he's owned hot fire since we were in college and they are all crispy.
Becasue JB is releasing so many classic retros the past 3 years (SpaceJams, CG XIs, Concords, Playoffs, Back Cements) I've been able to catch up with him...It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays...Now it's just "yeah we all have the same shoes...but what year edition are yours?"...

Thoughts?  If it werent for the retro releases, JB wouldnt be turning a profit I figure.  I stopped at XXIII.

^ My feeling on that is so what? If you like a shoe that you missed and got a newer edition, you should be happy you got the shoe you wanted. What's with this elitist attitude with shoes? This is where it stops being something you love and it becomes another stupid competition. '01 TB 3's vs. '09 TB 3's vs '10 TB 3's. If you really love a shoe, does it matter what year? In some cases people have all different editions of the shoe. As for me, shoes are getting a bit much. It's a fad and it's sickening to read about all of this junk. Smh..

nah, you're misreading...I am getting faves I never had...I'm asking for people who already own all these how they feel about everyone having everything...

Originally Posted by balkiny03

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

My thought is this is an intresting topic. Perhaps make a thread and see what nters think. Imo ogs are grails especially with the nike air stamp on the back.

Then Nike will bring the Nike air back. The sneakers game is funny its the only place where ppl collect something that isn't rare. You would thing the rarest item would be worth more nowadays its the newest released its crazy ppl pay 300 for playoffs 12s and ignore the ogs or 04s that are going for 250 smh.

Society tells us that we need the latest and greatest. Even though we know its inferior than the previous model.

My FNL pair is coming wednesday, Snipes on the other hand who knows. I dont have much experience with trades since im still pretty new to the game but do yall think its worth saving a second pair as trade bait for future heat or should i sell and try to help someone out...Basically the real question is what sort of value do these hold in a trade

The resell market is already overly saturated with these. Just wait until all the online shipments start coming in. I definitely see these things going to $200-220 in no time. Which means I will be able to easily pick up in a few months once some more cash flows in.

Originally Posted by KoBrons24

Originally Posted by Workaveli

My pair is on the way...should get it by Thursday!!

Hell yeah mine too from FNL =D
what a relief!
mine to.. i heard that what a relief i thought i was gonna get played again by fnl but they came thru this time delivery is on time and all that they will be here wednesday  dont have to pay reseller price now and i was on the verge of doing it

Originally Posted by acoppola331

My FNL pair is coming wednesday, Snipes on the other hand who knows. I dont have much experience with trades since im still pretty new to the game but do yall think its worth saving a second pair as trade bait for future heat or should i sell and try to help someone out...Basically the real question is what sort of value do these hold in a trade
hard to tell...completely based on what they have DS in their collection that want to give up and how bad they want your shoe.  All you can do is post you shoes avail and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Brianptt

The resell market is already overly saturated with these. Just wait until all the online shipments start coming in. I definitely see these things going to $200-220 in no time. Which means I will be able to easily pick up in a few months once some more cash flows in.

you must not know the game. look up the cement 4s and concord 11s. prices not coming down.
frown.gif

^ My feeling on that is so what? If you like a shoe that you missed and got a newer edition, you should be happy you got the shoe you wanted. What's with this elitist attitude with shoes? This is where it stops being something you love and it becomes another stupid competition. '01 TB 3's vs. '09 TB 3's vs '10 TB 3's. If you really love a shoe, does it matter what year? In some cases people have all different editions of the shoe. As for me, shoes are getting a bit much. It's a fad and it's sickening to read about all of this junk. Smh..

nah, you're misreading...I am getting faves I never had...I'm asking for people who already own all these how they feel about everyone having everything...

I understand what you meant, I was speaking about those on the other side of your POV. If you never had them before and a newer retro drops, then it's not a problem. We all have different starting points of what we couldn't get/afford when it initially dropped, so to catch up is fine. For example, those with '09 Spacejams. It's good they got them, they can enjoy them also. I have '00 and '09's. I'm not going to be upset and look down on those who only have the '09 version. As long as you want them and enjoy them no problem. And I also agree with Ice Shattered. I do the exact same thing with my shoes. I'm about to break out my '02 Blk/Red VII (for those confused, they are known as "Raptors"
grin.gif
)

All the stores in 3 malls I passed through this weekend are sold out, some 4.0 GS , preschool, and toddlers.

Originally Posted by rowdyonez

Originally Posted by Brianptt

you must not know the game. look up the cement 4s and concord 11s. prices not coming down.
frown.gif
I agree, market seems saturated now but IMO thats because release was a couple days ago... Once everyone gets their pair there will be far less listings on ebay so I think a 240-270 price range seems steady for these

For the dudes that never got a FNL email, speak w/ a rep or call with your order #
I was never sent an email but it shows that my order was shipped...
pimp.gif

Funniest thing, I had some ballin' shorts in my cart on FNL from earlier that day...and I was like **** it! No time to remove 'em...buy 'em! lol...so FNL is still processing them.

decided to rock them today...some of the most comfortable jordans I've worn in a while...did not fit TTS tho

I understand what you meant, I was speaking about those on the other side of your POV. If you never had them before and a newer retro drops, then it's not a problem. We all have different starting points of what we couldn't get/afford when it initially dropped, so to catch up is fine. For example, those with '09 Spacejams. It's good they got them, they can enjoy them also. I have '00 and '09's. I'm not going to be upset and look down on those who only have the '09 version. As long as you want them and enjoy them no problem. And I also agree with Ice Shattered. I do the exact same thing with my shoes. I'm about to break out my '02 Blk/Red VII (for those confused, they are known as "Raptors"
grin.gif
)

Word...I used to think of shoe collections being like someones art collection...we have a lot of the same thing but there are certain joints that only a few had.

I might do that with my Military Blue IVs...I have 4 pair (3 DS) because they were the perfect summer/jean shorts shoe...this is a good window to unload them before the re-release

Originally Posted by Ice Shattered

With me it's not all about how many times a  shoe came out because I don't wear a new release until months/years later sometimes just to preserve that awe factor, and somewhat adds that valued status to the shoe on its own. Not TRYING to add that status but for one i put almost every new release on ice just because 93393943 people are going too have them on. The Olympic 7's are about too drop again this time without the LOTG tag on the side and i've still got a DS pair from 04, and a pair i've wore over the years. If i pull those out and wear them wherever people are going too
eek.gif
because they haven't seen it in so long/it's still in great condition. I wore my military IV's from 06' for the third time to the mall and dudes at Footlocker were asking me how i got a pair that early. I let time MAKE my shoe a grail as weird/ corny as as that sounds
laugh.gif
but time/condition>>> how new/popular the shoe is IMO.
The flint XIII's from 05' got the same reaction when I wear them because people destroyed their pair from 2010 and probably forgot they dropped in 05'. So IMO it's not about how many times they retro a shoe or what they look like it's time/condition, especially if i can pull a pair of 04' Playoffs that look better over the course of 8 years than your pair that you got Saturday over 4 months.
so then its not really a "grail" to you at all, its just what others perception is of you wearing them at a specific point in time...your also saying that you do this with multiple shoes which again makes them not really a grail to you at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom