AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by scoop99

I respectfully disagree with the "It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays" because grails is what YOU make them to be. Some of my grails in my collection that were retroed/re-retroed would be 2003 White Cement 3's, OG Playoff 13's, 2000 Concords, and others and I still got the recent retros of those shoes. I understand where you are coming from and it looks that Air Jordan's are not exclusive anymore (only the older retros) and ALMOST EVERYONE has them now. For me personally, it does not bother me if JB keeps re-retroing every shoe because it is coming to a point that I will stop buying them because I own previous retros. 
I agree with everything else you said. It has become to what year is your shoes (OG, retro, re-retro, etc...)
Those 6's are the truth....first of j's in 5th grade
I also stopped at XXIII.

Edit: Like Midnight said all my grails have NIKE AIR on it.

Word...but when I say grail, I mean shoe out there I've always wanted but never owned...it sounds like you already own your "most wanted".  Other than OGs, there is nothing that separates a good collection with a GREAT collection.
Space Jams used to be that shoe for me...then I got them.  I previously owned the playoffs but hooped in them and destroyed them in outdoor tournaments back in the day...so this pickup was just for nostalgia.
I agree with you 100%. I still buy for nostalgia especially for this release of the playoff 12's. I did not own the 2004's because I got my brand new car the same day which was Valentine's Day (2004 Nissan Altima) but my brother had them on release day and he destroyed them from playing ball. But about a year ago, I got a DS pair from Ebay for $250 shipped which was decent. I wore them a few times already. The thing is that was the last OG colorway that I owned in my Air Jordan 12 collection.
Still waiting for the Sport Blue 6 to finally retro.

People post on getting Twitter RSVPs...
Then missing out online...
Then picking up...
And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

here's to another 3 pages of shipment confirmations

Originally Posted by lockdown36

Then picking up...
And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

dont read the thread then weak

Then picking up...
And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

Cheers to those of us missing the days when these pages were flooded with people's pairs they received and trying them on.. thoughts on how they fit / felt, comfort, etc. I felt like I was the only one wondering why the days after release are all e mail confirmations, cancellations, complaints about shipping, and all that other online bs.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Then picking up...
And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

Cheers to those of us missing the days when these pages were flooded with people's pairs they received and trying them on.. thoughts on how they fit / felt, comfort, etc. I felt like I was the only one wondering why the days after release are all e mail confirmations, cancellations, complaints about shipping, and all that other online bs.
alien.gif

30t6p3b.gif

+1

Then picking up...
And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

alien.gif
QFT
Thank you

Got my shipping confirmation from ndc. Wednesday will feel like Christmas. My off day plus 2 size 11 & a kids 6.5 will be dropping on my doorsteps. It shall be a beautiful day in the neighborhood. May have to rock a cardigan on my Mr. Roger's steeze.

Then picking up...
And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

People posting to show off their signatures in hopes of pursuing their reselling dreams...

Oh, NikeTalk.

An ebay auction just ended for 415 shipped for a size eleven.

This is madness. The banned 1's never even went that high.

Originally Posted by rowdyonez

Originally Posted by Brianptt

The resell market is already overly saturated with these. Just wait until all the online shipments start coming in. I definitely see these things going to $200-220 in no time. Which means I will be able to easily pick up in a few months once some more cash flows in.

you must not know the game. look up the cement 4s and concord 11s. prices not coming down.
frown.gif
Hmm not sure if I agree.  Concords release and everyone wanted $400 now you can get for $320.  Cement 4's fell from $300 resell to $220-240.  Do I even need to talk about the ugly #$+ dave white 1's that fell off a cliff from $350 to retail now... lol but ya I guess "I don't know the game".  anyways keep on with your hype train

lol, dave white's don't count.
Where are you finding IV's for 200 bucks. Everything I'm finding is 250 shipped

An ebay auction just ended for 415 shipped for a size eleven.

This is madness. The banned 1's never even went that high.

You trying to justify your price of $280?  or just pointing out that some +$%%!+! actually got caught in some shill bidding war and the auction ended that hight?

lol, dave white's don't count.
Where are you finding IV's for 200 bucks. Everything I'm finding is 250 shipped

Sure they count especially b/c once they restocked it brought em down even lower.  And I have seen multiple pairs in the 10.5-11 section going for 240 some for 220-230 you just gotta stay searching.  Also regardless, it's still less than the $300 they originally were trying to resell for.  Just like concord's after release seeing them for 600-1000 lol

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

All of u saying ur going to retire from Jordan are kidding yourselves. Jordan will find a way to get u to keep buying. Watch them come out with special anniversary models and other things that will have u drooling. If u think ur done, ur just lying to urselves. Just watch.

Well for me, there are only a few pairs that I'm interested in...but if I can't get for retail, then im passin. Nike retros and certain lebrons are a different story. Right now I'm more focused on Nikes

whats yall opinions on trade value for these? To me they are a little more sought after than the cement 4s but nowhere really near the concords.

I know this is sorta off topic, but is anyone getting the 'Cool Grey' 12's that release next month, or just getting the Obsidians in June?

So are there some people have their NDC orders shipped and some still waiting "in progress"? Mine is still waiting right now. Ground shipping. The waiting game.

Then picking up...

And now shipments....

Oh NikeTalk.

alien.gif

Yeah I've noticed how the boards personality has changed. I think it's due to the influx of new members. I've noticed that certain sections are different than others, and I think that's also due to age.

Now JB is just a bunch of people bragging about getting 40 pair or dudes bragging about having one shipment out of their 50 ordered being shipped.
I stated before during the concord release how that was tacky, because you have people upset they didn't get a pair, and you're talking about this was such an easy release.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

I know this is sorta off topic, but is anyone getting the 'Cool Grey' 12's that release next month, or just getting the Obsidians in June?

The cool grey/orange 12 is a no go easy pass for me. Also passing on the white/red low 11 but undecided on the cavs 4, military blue 4, and fire red 4s. Obsidian 12s are a must have for me and so are the Olympic 6 and 7. That 6/7 Golden Moments Pack is a game time decision.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

I'm not feeling the orange but grey and white will look great come early fall w/ some dak washed jeans...I plan on scooping a pair at retail, otherwise no...Got my xi lows ordered so summer is takn care of...I think that will be the next pandemonium release...sleeper heat..why? It's an xi and has patent leather... That means the XII that release the 19th will be an easier scoop as resellers try and unload their XI's...What a sad game the has becomeIt's sad when the military IV's sat.... I mean discount sat on shelves but now are being bought for $250+ on eBay...

Originally Posted by beh235

All of u saying ur going to retire from Jordan are kidding yourselves. Jordan will find a way to get u to keep buying. Watch them come out with special anniversary models and other things that will have u drooling. If u think ur done, ur just lying to urselves. Just watch.

^ I see what you saying, but that doesn't work for me. I'm not a "gimmick" person. FTLOTG, "Galaxy" anything etc, I think is stupid. If you fall for any of that BS from Nike, you just might be a new "collector"
laugh.gif

You better not have bought the "gimmicky" Banned 1's then. A lot of people were complaining about another black/red 1 release, yet the Banned 1's caused a frenzy. I wonder how many came back from retirement.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

^ I see what you saying, but that doesn't work for me. I'm not a "gimmick" person. FTLOTG, "Galaxy" anything etc, I think is stupid. If you fall for any of that BS from Nike, you just might be a new "collector"
laugh.gif

You better not have bought the "gimmicky" Banned 1's then. A lot of people were complaining about another black/red 1 release, yet the Banned 1's caused a frenzy. I wonder how many came back from retirement.
laugh.gif

That's not really a good comparison. The other version of the Banned 1 that was supposed to be the release version was utter garbage. The reason that caught everyone's attention was due to the pics of what hit the outlets unexpectedly. It wasn't that awful release, and the quality was better than anything in a decade, using premium leather. So Nike accomplished what people wanted - great OG colorway delivered with the quality materials from the OG days. The X on the heel and packaging was a pretty minor aspect of the appeal. I got two pairs and I'm happy because unlike some cheap recent retros I know these shoes will last a long time and provide superior comfort to any other 1's I have had (post 94).

sns came thru for me!! my playoffs should be here on Friday. Do these fit like the flu games and the white/red from 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom