AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

Ray - looks the same to me.

Exactly. I didn't line them up exactly, but you can see that the 2012s DO RUN BIG.

1/2 DOWN is the way to go, imho. 

First time back on NT since last night.  Headed out this morning to Serramonte got there around 7.  2 lines, one for bands, others for no bands.  They had 2 pairs of lines like that, One side of the mall for FL HOH and the other for FA.  Got in the non band line at HOH since they usually get the most pairs. Opened up at 8 and bands were done around 845-9. Then they started letting in non band folks.  I was maybe in the first 10 for that line. Got my 9.5 and right before they ran out! The other 2 stores which was Finish Line and SP opened at 10.  Got in line at SP for my boys pair.  They only had a total of 33 pairs.  When I got to the front of SP, only had 4 size 8's, 1 8.5, and 13.  Lucky for him, he's a 8.5. After, went to NikeSF and picked up my twitter pair.  DONE.  Don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73487027@N02/7100099999/http://www.flickr.com/people/73487027@N02/

Sorry for the long rant, but that was my story for this morning.  As for the quality, I guess better than I expected but nothing like 04 retros.  Nonetheless, happy I got my pairs.

picked mine up from santa monica today....anyone in LA went to topanga mall? just curious how long their lines were.....

The prices on these are just ridiculously high. Wasn't expecting them to be above 250!

Here are some small comparison pics to the OGs, pics aren't the best quality..........

OGs(Right)

Eyelets

Probably can't tell from the pics, but without question the OGs are superior to the 2012 version. The overall shape and the eyelets are the biggest negatives for the 2012s. The quality of the leather is pretty decent, not the best, but good. Happy with the purchase overall.

when I went to Foot Locker to get my pair, I saw a mother **%#%#% buying her son 2 pairs of these and he wasn't even there

^^now that you have that pic comparison between ogs and 2012, I don't like how the ankle area goes up a lot higher. Throws off the overall look.  Seriously thinking of maybe selling one of my pairs to pick up a 2004 retro.  I got a pair and even those are shaped better with better quality.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

picked mine up from santa monica today....anyone in LA went to topanga mall? just curious how long their lines were.....

Guy at HOH said over 100 people in line, they had 90 pairs, so it wasn't too bad. Guy at Champs said a group of hoods bum-rushed the door as they were about to open and it got ugly.

Originally Posted by SOleILL

So is it safe to say go a half size down on these?

Personally, I can see why some people said that.  I tried on my TTS 9.5 and even with the minimal extra room, I prefer it.  I can tell going down .5 for me will be just a little too snug. Remember, everyones foot is shaped differently.

I think it would take a complaint from Mike himself in order to change JBs quality issue. He is their brand and if he had something to say Im sure they would listen. With that said I doubt when he gets his weekly shipment he notices the cardboard pleather on the IVs and the plastic eyelets and banana shape on these 12s

I should just find an OG or 04 pair. It's so easy to see the superior shape of the OG. It's rather jarring actually.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

I should just find an OG or 04 pair. It's so easy to see the superior shape of the OG. It's rather jarring actually.

If you passed on the 2012's, probably would be better off.  I mean reseller prices are the same even more than og's and 04!  ridiculous.

agreed...I just unds another pair of og a couple weeks ago.  I did buy the 12's  was planning to keep for down the road....I doubled up but if the look and quality aren't up to par Ill prob keep one or just end up selling them all.

Originally Posted by just blaze

If you passed on the 2012's, probably would be better off.  I mean reseller prices are the same even more than og's and 04!  ridiculous.

I agree, better off getting OGs or even the 04s. OGs are pretty durable. I've worn my OG pair recently. Only have a small crack on the silver plate, not really a problem for me.

I'd drop $250 for an 04 pair VNDS or $300 for an OG pair, but I won't be paying more than $200 for a pair of these. 12's are tanks, I wouldn't worry about the older pairs falling apart on me. It sucks, I had two pairs of taxis and a pair of Cherrys back in 96/97. I sold off all those recently but I was a size 9.5 then, and I'm an 11 now.

Originally Posted by raidercb5

What a disaster NDC was last night, nonetheless I ended up getting my one pair and now its off to the mall to copp my son a pair and pick up another for my homie. S/O to Zapatohead408 for lookin out and good luck to everyone still looking!
no problem fam decided not to cop 
ohwell.gif
 and help someone out. too bad I couldn't help all the homies.

^^now that you have that pic comparison between ogs and 2012, I don't like how the ankle area goes up a lot higher. Throws off the overall look.  Seriously thinking of maybe selling one of my pairs to pick up a 2004 retro.  I got a pair and even those are shaped better with better quality.

thats probably because those particular OG's were laced up time and time again. the 2012s in that photo were probably never laced

i was so pissed at ndc last night. at one point they stopped responding to complaints via twitter. they would say "resetting servers, will take 15-20 min" and then then would say the same thing 15 min later.

FNL i got the "j's" confirmation this morning
Foot Action came through and received confirmation as well.

will only truly believe once i get the shipped email though but if all goes well i secured four size 11's.

its about time DMV gets a nikestore in georgetown. looking forward to that later this year. then i can try the whole nikestore twitter rsvp %!!$

^^^ ROTF aye folk mj got a lil section in the factory that makes his shoe with superior quality material along with the rest of jb official,members lol im jk but in all seriousness there is a multiple of factories that Nike contract to produce their shoes. It's crazy but it's like a little community and all plus they get incentives based on quality and contracts they obtain thru corporate depending on several issues ie quantity and quality to be obvious. I think people need to take in consideration that every employee goes thru

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Originally Posted by youngj00

eae162625db87dcc71407598e39723dcfe4df50f_r.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lol swag'd out. Dope gif.... You're not a sneakerhead until you lick the bottom of your soles one time. That's officially when you become one with your shoe.
I hope you are joking, seriously 
indifferent.gif

Lol this doesn't make you a sneakerhead literally, but it's a common practice of sneakerheads. I done seem countless sneakerheads do it. No big deal if anything more funny than anything else. As stated just an antic a pretty funny antic.

Originally Posted by leirlic

thats probably because those particular OG's were laced up time and time again. the 2012s in that photo were probably never laced

Actually they haven't. I've worn them maybe 3-5 times, and not very long. A couple of times just walking around the house.

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

One of the funniest and saddest things I saw this morning while I was getting my 2nd pair was a grown *** man throw his coffee to the floor in a fit of rage because his 11.5 was gone.....
laff.gif
.....this was also the first time I had seen a hell of alot of women in line as well.....there was a lady behind me who had to have been in her 40's rocking the red & white 13's who I was choppin it up with.....that lady knew her $&*!......

Lol. I would've love to seen this, you should've recorded it and put it on World Star. Sound like he was on borderline tears.

Originally Posted by KMante

Lol swag'd out. Dope gif.... You're not a sneakerhead until you lick the bottom of your soles one time. That's officially when you become one with your shoe.
I hope you are joking, seriously 
indifferent.gif

Lol this doesn't make you a sneakerhead literally, but it's a common practice of sneakerheads. I done seem countless sneakerheads do it. No big deal if anything more funny than anything else. As stated just an antic a pretty funny antic.

what if someone licked it, tried it on, wasnt their size and sold/returned it and whoever got it, licked it too? then that person would be licking another mans licks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom