AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - OBSIDIAN/WHITE/FRENCH BLUE/UNIVERSITY BLUE - 130690-410 - CONFIRMED 6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

these feel like they're cut slightly smaller than my '12 playoffs. maybe it's bc i haven't had these since high school and i've had playoffs numerous times since then, but i'm def. feeling these more than the playoffs right now. although i compared the 2 and the quality of the leather easily seems superior on the playoffs. it's something about that obsidian blue and the white laces that set em off.

I think these are NOT the same half size bigger like the playoffs and CG that released recently were.
My right foot is slightly bigger than my left and had the playoff on the right and obsidian on left
and the playoff was still bigger.
Both are a size 13.
Be interested to here from anyone who went a half size smaller thinking they ran big like the other 2 as to how they fit on their feet.
Same.  Did most go half size down like the playoffs?  Or TTS?  I know everyone's foot will vary from one another but just wanted to get a general idea.

All right. I'll post my story. Got to the mall at 6:30 or so, small line of 10-15 people. Back door opened at 7, waited an hour and a half at Champs and got my size 8 with ease. There were bigger lines for these than the military IVs, but nothing humongous like the White Cement IV's lines were. The shoes are extremely comfortable; I seriously never realized XIIs were this comfortable since I never owned a pair. No problems to report with the quality although some other people got heavily damaged boxes.

Sizing: These ran a 1/2 size big for me and they are perfect. An 8.5 (my true size) would fit like a boat and a 7.5 would be too narrow. Mine also came with the XII hangtag. It's okay, but looks rather flimsy compared to the hangtags of the III and the IV.

One final thing: Does anybody thing the XII look weird in huge sizes? I saw somebody with some size 13 XIIs and those things look cartoonish.

Was about to pass but just decided to go to the mall since they had my size and I had to work /at least the B-day coupon helps/ Hoping to use it again on the VIs 
laugh.gif

These have way more "pop" on the side panel than the playoffs do. One of my pairs of playoff 12 is completely flat but my obsidian's actually look the way theyre supposed to

Originally Posted by just blaze

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

these feel like they're cut slightly smaller than my '12 playoffs. maybe it's bc i haven't had these since high school and i've had playoffs numerous times since then, but i'm def. feeling these more than the playoffs right now. although i compared the 2 and the quality of the leather easily seems superior on the playoffs. it's something about that obsidian blue and the white laces that set em off.

I think these are NOT the same half size bigger like the playoffs and CG that released recently were.
My right foot is slightly bigger than my left and had the playoff on the right and obsidian on left
and the playoff was still bigger.
Both are a size 13.
Be interested to here from anyone who went a half size smaller thinking they ran big like the other 2 as to how they fit on their feet.
Same.  Did most go half size down like the playoffs?  Or TTS?  I know everyone's foot will vary from one another but just wanted to get a general idea.

I decided to go a half sz down from 12 to 11.5. When i got home i was worried that id made a mistake bcuz I listened to the folks on here saying the playoffs/greys ran big. Got home, tried em on, and Im good. But thats just my feet. Cnt speak for others. Almost want another pair for a rainy day(Well not a rainy day, but u get my drift). Itd be a sz 12 just to compare, but I think theyd feel like boats honestly.

And another thing...Idk bout other folks, but i was comparing these to the OG's yesterday and I'm very tempted to grab a navy blue marker and fill in the carolina blue 23 with it. And i wish i could add some gold to the inside of the back tab label thing. And I know some may feel a certain way about the chrome lace loops, but Im good with that, doesnt bother me at all.

Originally Posted by Killajay209

Was about to pass but just decided to go to the mall since they had my size and I had to work /at least the B-day coupon helps/ Hoping to use it again on the VIs 
laugh.gif

What was the store manager thinking?
laugh.gif

I wasn't able to use the coupon on a pair of GS Lerbon AS's after a week of release. 

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by Sean NiLy

For Eastbay, how long can you let your item sit in your cart after the checkout waiting process? Added the 12's and was waiting for the processing time but had to go to work. Think it will still be there by the time i get home? *wishful thinking*
The shoes will sit in your cart until they sell out.  Unfortunately, we did sell out of all the men's sizes earlier today, so you will not find them still in your cart when you get back.

Originally Posted by shazulu

No more free shipping on East Bay? It says not for new releases curious if I was the only one...tried like 3 different codes. Also I wasn't able to use PayPal.
alien.gif
There has been a recent change to our free shipping promotions.  They are no longer valid on new releases. 

As for the PayPal issue, if you want to let us know what happened, just send us a private message.

EastbayRep - Ray

eek.gif

I remember the days when any OG color would b impossible to find minutes after RD... Now I hear these are the fake playoffs. Lmao

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

So I get to the mall at around 6:30 this morning and there was quite a bit of people there already.

FNL had 56 pairs, and I was like 20th in line so I was good.

Copped under retail (used a coupon) and when I left they still a lot of popular sizes left (9.5-13).

I have to admit, Im liking these a little more than the Playoffs actually.

Well, until the next pickup... Enjoy my pictures!

Single shots.

Group shots.

***BONUS! On feet.***

These look great on feet, with jeans (pictured) or shorts.

Glad I was able to get these without paying over retail.

Props to everyone who copped at retail.

F*** resellers!

laugh.gif

Overall, I give this release a 9.8/10.

pimp.gif

nice pics. are you always a 11?  playoffs were a half size bigger --got a 11 in these------do were 11 in all other js other than the 12s?

Playoffs>Obsidians but not by much. Playoffs have so much nostalgia to me compared to the obsidians. Mike torching the west in the all star game then running everyone out of the gym in the playoffs.

ANYONE WHO KEEPS SAYIN' THAT THESE ARE "FAKE PLAYOFFS" OR A "POOR MAN'S VERSION" OF THE PLAYOFFS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOOBS... HOW CAN THESE BE A "COPYCAT" OF THE PLAYOFFS, WHEN THESE ORIGINALLY CAME OUT WAY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS DID? THE OBSIDIANS CAME OUT IN JAN. '97, AND THE PLAYOFFS DROPPED A WHOLE 4 MONTHS LATER IN MAY '97, JUST IN TIME FOR... U GUESSED IT... THE PLAYOFFS! SO, IF ANYTHING. THE PLAYOFFS ARE THE "POOR MANS" VERSION OF THE OBSIDIANS. STRAIGHT UP. HOLLA...

CED B.

Most kids were about 1 or 2 when the 12s came out HENCE the order of how they came out now is playoffs then obsidians therefore you're left with these poor man quotes

God I feel old now

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

^^ QFT We have new member boppers reigster everyday. They clearly don't know what they're talking about.

^^ THANKS,FAM. I JUST GET TIRED OF SEEIN' JIBBERISH FROM THESE YOUNGSTAS HERE... LOL! HOLLA...CED B.

Ha I'm glad I'm not the only old man on here lol I remember when all the 12's dropped. One of my favorite Jordan's ever to release. I haven't been recently pickin up alot. Trying to save to buy a house but had to pick the obsidians up. Love em

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@some of you guys just discovering the hash lacing style.

This.

Originally Posted by illest35

And another thing...Idk bout other folks, but i was comparing these to the OG's yesterday and I'm very tempted to grab a navy blue marker and fill in the carolina blue 23 with it.

After comparing them to my OGs I have no problem with that change. I always felt just a tad bit more uni. blue was needed. Im not a fan of the chrome eyelets, but it's not big deal. My only issue with the retro is a part of the shoe you can't see and that's the color of the carbon fiber.

Where is air-jordans.com when you need them. Some of you guys can definitely go for a history lesson on Jordans, and I'm not just referring to some of the things said about this particular retro.

Originally Posted by Bowdown27

Ha I'm glad I'm not the only old man on here lol I remember when all the 12's dropped. One of my favorite Jordan's ever to release. I haven't been recently pickin up alot. Trying to save to buy a house but had to pick the obsidians up. Love em

^^ YEAH, IT'S STILL A FEW OF US "DINOSAURS" LEFT IN THE GAME THAT'S REPPIN' HERE ON NT... THOUGH, I'D LIKE TO REFER TO OUR KIND AS THE "PURISTS" OF THE SNEAKER GAME... YOU KNOW, THOSE WHO ARE OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE KICKS WHEN THE ORIGINALS CAME OUT,AND WERE ACTUALLY OLD ENOUGH TO COP FOR THEMSELVES? LOL... YEP YEP. HOLLA...CED B.

Originally Posted by cedb713

ANYONE WHO KEEPS SAYIN' THAT THESE ARE "FAKE PLAYOFFS" OR A "POOR MAN'S VERSION" OF THE PLAYOFFS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOOBS... HOW CAN THESE BE A "COPYCAT" OF THE PLAYOFFS, WHEN THESE ORIGINALLY CAME OUT WAY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS DID? THE OBSIDIANS CAME OUT IN JAN. '97, AND THE PLAYOFFS DROPPED A WHOLE 4 MONTHS LATER IN MAY '97, JUST IN TIME FOR... U GUESSED IT... THE PLAYOFFS! SO, IF ANYTHING. THE PLAYOFFS ARE THE "POOR MANS" VERSION OF THE OBSIDIANS. STRAIGHT UP. HOLLA...

CED B.

Furthermore, I was living in Jordan-hyped area back when these came out and they SAT on shelves.  Can't believe some of the things I've read in here...

Originally Posted by blacklion23

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This.

Originally Posted by illest35

And another thing...Idk bout other folks, but i was comparing these to the OG's yesterday and I'm very tempted to grab a navy blue marker and fill in the carolina blue 23 with it.

After comparing them to my OGs I have no problem with that change. I always felt just a tad bit more uni. blue was needed. Im not a fan of the chrome eyelets, but it's not big deal. My only issue with the retro is a part of the shoe you can't see and that's the color of the carbon fiber.

Where is air-jordans.com when you need them. Some of you guys can definitely go for a history lesson on Jordans, and I'm not just referring to some of the things said about this particular retro.

Yes i agree, some of them do need a history lesson. Not me, Im a vet. Dnt let the low post count fool ya. And thats only if u were including me in that statement. As I stated in the same post u quoted or the one b4 it, I dnt have a prob with the chrome lace loops. But I still think i may change my uni blue 23 to navy blue, and thats if I have 1 laying around here somewhere. Not gonna go buy 1 just to do it though. IMO 
I think it just looks better. Specially since blue is my fav color.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i was doing this back in junior high in 97... for a couple years everyone laced up thier kicks like this... hadnt seen it in a while ill admit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom