Air Jordan 14 “Oxidized Green” - July 16, 2016

Feels like the black 5s been retroed every other year. Nike Air on back, 23 on the side whatever. Just wait a year if u miss. We keep buying, jordan will continue to produce. Quality or not. If these 14s sit I might double up

they not even in the same ballpark bruh...even if these were limited and those a super gr, the demand on the nike air 5s is waaaaaaaay more. 
I clearly said I prefer the 5s myself.. Yal can talk this EARLY demand all you want.. 4s and 6s have proved Nike Air AINT worth $220 plus tax. But yea everyone wants NIKE AIR.. These will do exactly what the flu games did.. Flop for a reseller thinking demand will be there to pay over retail.

Feels like the black 5s been retroed every other year. Nike Air on back, 23 on the side whatever. Just wait a year if u miss. We keep buying, jordan will continue to produce. Quality or not. If these 14s sit I might double up

Because they got retroed in 2000, 2006, 2011 and now 2016. 2011 was the weakest version with wrong upper material, fake 3M tongue, wrong colored jumpman on the outsole and bulky toe box.

I clearly said I prefer the 5s myself.. Yal can talk this EARLY demand all you want.. 4s and 6s have proved Nike Air AINT worth $220 plus tax. But yea everyone wants NIKE AIR.. These will do exactly what the flu games did.. Flop for a reseller thinking demand will be there to pay over retail.
not tryna derail the thread but the 4s and 6s have been very well received. most ppl doubled up or are trying to double up on the 4s, 6s was just a lesser liked cw. 

not tryna derail the thread but the 4s and 6s have been very well received. most ppl doubled up or are trying to double up on the 4s, 6s was just a lesser liked cw. 
I have both, and both were VERY VERY easy to acquire. I actually purchased both at retail without even doing the raffle process the week of release. All I'm really saying is it's been EASY to get Nike air kicks.. I would've expected otherwise but even if you can't purchase at retail you can find for like a dub or so more$. Plenty of pairs and low resale. Great for the actual people that want them tho.

To each his own, 5s more popular than 14s to me too but I done been thru those 5s already.. 99 and post 99 without the Nike air.. Now these here I missed back in the day and low key wanted since 98-99. 4s and 6s got me thinking Nike Air ain't that serious to the Masses as we on Nike talk made it seem for SOOOO LONG.
they not even in the same ballpark bruh...even if these were limited and those a super gr, the demand on the nike air 5s is waaaaaaaay more. 

In terms of hype and what people want, the gap between the average Jordan 5 and the average Jordan 14, much less the Black Metallic 5s, is as large as the gap between Heaven and Earth. :lol:

I have both, and both were VERY VERY easy to acquire. I actually purchased both at retail without even doing the raffle process the week of release. All I'm really saying is it's been EASY to get Nike air kicks.. I would've expected otherwise but even if you can't purchase at retail you can find for like a dub or so more$. Plenty of pairs and low resale. Great for the actual people that want them tho.
dude what in the world do u keep talkin about? u initially said the 5s aren't a bigger release than these 14s...that's def off and then u said 4 and 6s with na weren't worth it, they def were well received, now ur saying they were easy to acquire...

dude what in the world do u keep talkin about? u initially said the 5s aren't a bigger release than these 14s...that's def off and then u said 4 and 6s with na weren't worth it, they def were well received, now ur saying they were easy to acquire...
Ok let me break MY THINKING down for YOU. 5s have released over 4 times since 99.. These 14s have not,, that being said makes this 14 release bigger to me than 5s AGAIN.. I've had two of the last four black 5 releases, I REALLY DONT NEED MORE. If 4s and 6s were well received then the aftermarket price would be higher than they are now. 6s are still in stores, 4s you either got them or don't care bout em.. Only NIKE AIR that has created any real craze has been the 3,, and that's because those was limited.
Sorry if yal think a retro that done been dropped MULTIPLE times in the span of a decade is such a big deal. It AINT TO ME THO, BEEN THERE N DONE THAT.

You could have easily originally just said: "I'm more excited for these 14s than the 5s"

The point people want to contest you on is "bigger release," which is certainly the 5s.

You could have easily originally just said: "I'm more excited for these 14s than the 5s"

The point people want to contest you on is "bigger release," which is certainly the 5s.
I don't do things the easy way, but I already said that, even acknowledged I myself prefer 5s over 14s.. Dudes want to argue my opinion then that's fine, this is a forum and people do get others words confused at times.

Last edited:
A shoe that's never been retroed is a bigger release to ME than one that has been retroed OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Hopefully I appeased the board with my word choice hear.

The fact that this shoe has never been released has no bearing on the discussion in my opinion. This is an awesome sneaker, but it has absolutely no historical significance and is a niche colorway. Certain models and colorways like black silver Vs have that mass appeal, no matter how many past releases

The fact that this shoe has never been released has no bearing on the discussion in my opinion. This is an awesome sneaker, but it has absolutely no historical significance and is a niche colorway. Certain models and colorways like black silver Vs have that mass appeal, no matter how many past releases
I am speaking for MYSELF.. How many times I have to bold ME or MY OPINION for yal dudes?? I'm not tryna judge other people thought on the 5s.. I'm simply giving MINE.. GET OVER IT,,, I could see if I was in the 5 thread complaining or something,, but nah this the 14 thread, FOH

The fact that this shoe has never been released has no bearing on the discussion in my opinion. This is an awesome sneaker, but it has absolutely no historical significance and is a niche colorway.
this shoe is black and white and that's a niche color way now??? Now please explain the significance the BM 5s have!!! What has MJ won in those to make them so historically significant??? NOT A DAMN THING

Im not sure if this would be considered a niche color way or not. It still has "Carolina blue". 3, 4, 5, 6 and 11 have usually been the most popular retros as they seem to garner the most attention. This color way of the 5 has retro'd several times yes but only once with NA and with the whole remaster program the BM5 is getting a lot of attention. While I like the 14 it hasn't had the following as some of the other shoes and I don't know why. I've waited for the Oxi to retro and its finally making an appearance. I'm equally excited for both honestly. I had the original and never wore it. Finally I sold it to pay some bills. I'll be wearing it for sure this time.

Last edited:
I am speaking for MYSELF.. How many times I have to bold ME or MY OPINION for yal dudes?? I'm not tryna judge other people thought on the 5s.. I'm simply giving MINE.. GET OVER IT,,, I could see if I was in the 5 thread complaining or something,, but nah this the 14 thread, FOH

I'm also speaking my opinion, not trying to start an argument in anyway. This is a shoe forum where people come to share their thoughts and opinions, get over it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom