Air Jordan 2012 First look.

after seeing the video, it's a nice concept of customizing your fit, kinda like getting used to watching regular dvds and all of a sudden everything goes blue ray, our eyes have not adapted yet to these releases.

sick.gif
Thanx for trying...but try again as the years prgress will will we ever see a winner

Haha, I recall vividly when Jersey Joe posted some wear samples of the XVII, and we all flipped out at how crappy they looked and how Brand Jordan should have stopped at XIV, but in retrospect many of these later model signature shoes are highly sought...just give it some time...something about a signature Air Jordan that makes it special (at least for myself anyways)

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by Drefus Jones

Originally Posted by ijapino

The funny thing is, I've heard the same argument about Jordans not "looking as good" as year's past models since the original Air Jordan XIII.

Give it a few years and people will be posting about how they wish these were retroed. It's like this every year.
People have been saying that about every jordan that I can remember.... even down to the 4's. every year a jordan drops, the first initial feeling is hate, just like they do with the lebron line now a days. give it some time and people will come around.
I remember when they dropped the concord back in the day and it sat in the stores. now look at the frenzy it causes.
Lol I cant wait to see people getting hyped over a Retro 22

I actually LOVED the XX2. Black Stealths>>> Everything after 23

I can't wait to get a pair and try all of the custom fit out. This concept is totally over people heads right now.

^Exactly^
that's how i feel about these. People have always criticized the newest air jordan when it first comes out for looking "ugly, or "weird" I think that the 2012 is a brilliant design. Using the wing tip inspiration looks sharp and these will most certainly break necks if you rock them. $223 is still a lot but I'd rather spend $223 on these than $180 on the kobe 7 or $170 on the Lebron 9.

Air jordans have always stood the test of time and are always given ridiculous amounts of criticism because people expect so much. I think that JB went all out with the 2012.

Remember how the first pics of the xx3 came out and people were dissing those for days. Now everyone wants them. Go look at the comments of the first pictures surfaced of the xx3 if you don't believe me.

^Actually had a pretty hard time selling my XX3s...they still go for under retail.

Just because people warm up to some releases years down the road doesn't mean that'll be the case with these. I don't hear many people screaming for more XV or XVIII-XX2 retros and I doubt I'll hear many screams for 2k9/2k10/2k12 retros in 5/10 years. Even if I do...how does that help the sig line in the hear and now?

People have always criticized the new flagship model upon initial viewing. All of them. I remember when the IX dropped and people said they looked liked "space boots". You gotta do you and get what you like. I will get the 2012's because I like them and because I will be able to get them at a discount price just like the last 4 flagship model releases. Yessiir!

Would an NBA player or college player even be able to wear these grey/neon 2012s? Unless they received  booties and laces that matched their uni would it be a problem?

lol@ already discounted.

i'll do my usual and wait a very long time to sus out the colourways available for both the outer shell and the inner booties, as well as how much they may cost SEPARATELY.

everyone is talking about how awful these shoes are but.....

this has happened to every air jordan since the begining

i am a old school OG sneaker head from way back before most of you kids were even born and

ive had every OG jordan in almost every hot colorway you can think of , you name the shoes and chances are i had them

i got the first jordan - og 1 in 1985 when i was 14 yrs. old and

i can remember people hating on them .

not til they got banned in the NBA is when people started liking them.

back in the day i couldnt wait to get the new jordans so i could go play ball in them and i can remember so many times

people would be hating on them saying " why would i pay $100+ for those , those are ugly shoes

, you are stupid for wasting your $ on those , etc.....etc....................

then a month or 2 would go by and you would start to see more and more people wearing them and the hate would turn to hype.

i would have the new jordans before anyone in my hood ,i made sure i would always get them as soon as they dropped and it was the same hating on every pair

then the same thing would happen , time would go by people copped them then everybody liked them.

it never changed my mind and i never cared what people said ,

i got the jordans beacuse i was a huge jordan fan and i like shoes , he was the man and i wanted to be aswell

thats what it was like back in the jordan days and i have to say " i loved it"

now its the same with these shoes

these shoes are alright and i like the concept they are going for but

the colorways are just awful and really making the shoe look bad

if you look at the jordan 2010 , when i and you first seen them i thought they were crap

the whole round circle of plastic with holes in it on the side really sucked and i know everyone said the samething about them but

the colorways really made that shoe and alot of people ended up going for them and they sold.

i am sure if we get some really hot colorways for these

then the cycle will continue and alot of people will start to like and cop these...................................................................peace23

Originally Posted by eltouha

lol@ already discounted.

i'll do my usual and wait a very long time to sus out the colourways available for both the outer shell and the inner booties, as well as how much they may cost SEPARATELY.

you know its bad when the shoe hasn't release and its already discounted.

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

i am a old school OG sneaker head from way back before most of you kids were even born and

ive had every OG jordan in almost every hot colorway you can think of , you name the shoes and chances are i had them

back in the day i couldnt wait to get the new jordans so i could go play ball in them and i can remember so many times

people would be hating on them saying " why would i pay $100+ for those , those are ugly shoes

then a month or 2 would go by and you would start to see more and more people wearing them and the hate would turn to hype.

i would have the new jordans before anyone in my hood ,i made sure i would always get them as soon as they dropped and it was the same hating on every pair

then the same thing would happen , time would go by people copped them then everybody liked them.

i got the jordans beacuse i was a huge jordan fan and i like shoes , he was the man and i wanted to be aswell

if you look at the jordan 2010 , when i and you first seen them i thought they were crap

the whole round circle of plastic with holes in it on the side really sucked and i know everyone said the samething about them but

the colorways really made that shoe and alot of people ended up going for them and they sold.

then the cycle will continue and alot of people will start to like and cop these...................................................................peace23
C'mon fam, you're 40+. I agree that ALL AJs have had marketing gimmicks but can YOU really pull these off and not get clowned about it.

Originally Posted by vood99

C'mon fam, you're 40+. I agree that ALL AJs have had marketing gimmicks but can YOU really pull these off and not get clowned about it.

Whats wrong with a 40 year old wearing Jays? As long as he's not dressing like he's early 20s he should be fine.

Originally Posted by vood99

i am  not 40 yet but close.......lol

i know with what we have now these are just not doing it , the colorways are just crazy but

like i said if we do get some hot colorways things may change and people will start to come around

now imo the unc colorway is nice and yes with that pair i can pull it off and not get clowned

now i just need a pair.......................................................................peace23

Originally Posted by trappedintime

At $223 retail, this may end up being their least successful signature ever.

I don't understand JB. They charge you that much, and then include some ugly and loud sock inserts, almost forcing you to buy another colorway if you like the kicks.

I'm not sure if they're dumb or geniuses.

Because I wouldn't mind buying the grey if the sock insert was grey and white, but that lime
30t6p3b.gif

Are people really going to pay $223 and then buy multiple socks for these at I'm sure at least like $30 and $40 a pop?

Do they realize how many other options there are? You can almost get the playoffs and IV's instead of spending $300 for these.

I'm 40+ and I still wear Jordans .. recently got the XI Concord and X Chicago. I wear them because I like them and personally I don't care if someone else thinks it looks stupid. Wear what makes you happy.

Originally Posted by mjpit23

I'm 40+ and I still wear Jordans .. recently got the XI Concord and X Chicago. I wear them because I like them and personally I don't care if someone else thinks it looks stupid. Wear what makes you happy.

Good to see that

I'm getting up there, and will be there in a few years

Back
Top Bottom