Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I agree with you.  That's what is a bit off to me.
Did yall not see my post and pictures showing that the dark Ep will get lighter? Like OG lighter. I dont have a problem with someone who doesnt like it that way but why keep bringing up something that wont even stay the same way over the years. Just buy the shoe and wear them people 

I wish we could stop talking about the EP right now
mean.gif
its really not that serious. dont like it, dont buy the shoe. next . . .

Last edited:
I think...and I may have read this somewhere on NT...that Nike used to dye the midsole, but now they just paint it. So back in the '99-'01 era, even if the midsole did crack, it was dyed throughout, so it wasn't nearly as bad of a visual blemish...

But now, the paint "cracks" and you can see the uncolored midsole under it. I actually wore my white flip 3's this weekend and the midsole is shredded (of course), but the midsole is an off-white/bone color, so it still is exposed because the paint is/was true white.

That's absolutely correct apthekid. The '99-'01 III's are fantastic quality. The midsoles were dyed which (in my opinion) was a million times better than the painting they do today. I still have 2 pairs of '01 true blues and one pair of the '01 black cement's and they're still near flawless. I wear them pretty often to keep the midsole intact but there is a clear cut difference in quality.

Don't like the shoe cause of the EP? Don't cop, don't complain. Just that easy.

it didn't happen in 07, it didn't happen in 2013 and I hope it never happens ever. This is maybe the 200th post about this, it's time to move on. I hate to be that guy, but seriously, it's not going to change in less than a week from RD, I think you all need to stop complaining and move on. :smh:
I've repainted my Cool Grey 4's, the paint was not flaking but instead had hairline cracks after several wears, it was almost impossible to get the original paint off, it felt thick *pause* and well applied, since repainting I have had no issues whatsoever, and that's angelus paint that's on there now, so I really don't know what it is. Again those CG IV's have had time to be broken in, that's the only reason I say let the midsole break in before repainting any of the 3's or 4's. But i'll take your word for it, and I have heard the older retro's paint was some serious stuff.
If you don't mind me asking, how many layers of paint did you use and how many times did you wear your CGs to "break them in"? I'm thinking about repainting my black cement 4s in the somewhat near future.

it didn't happen in 07, it didn't happen in 2013 and I hope it never happens ever. This is maybe the 200th post about this, it's time to move on. I hate to be that guy, but seriously, it's not going to change in less than a week from RD, I think you all need to stop complaining and move on.
mean.gif

I've repainted my Cool Grey 4's, the paint was not flaking but instead had hairline cracks after several wears, it was almost impossible to get the original paint off, it felt thick *pause* and well applied, since repainting I have had no issues whatsoever, and that's angelus paint that's on there now, so I really don't know what it is. Again those CG IV's have had time to be broken in, that's the only reason I say let the midsole break in before repainting any of the 3's or 4's. But i'll take your word for it, and I have heard the older retro's paint was some serious stuff.
All i was asking/looking for was an agree or disagree no need to flame me and sorry i work i dont have time to scroll back 30 pages and read everyone posts in which 90% pf ppl say "COPPPED" "PASS" or "EASY COP".  Relax everyone

all you EP whiners please keep it up so i can get my 2 pairs with no effort please keep it up
trust me anyone who wants these will get them. Every store will have these that carries retros. anyone who pays for RSVPS, or lines up overnight or pays resellers price is either lazy or lives in North Dakota LOL

I know I posted maybe 2 days that I decided to pass and get ONLY the FR5s but those FTL pics are sooo nice. And we are getting them in locally which is a HUUGGGGEEE plus. And on top of that I have $45 of FTL VIPs (1 expires on the 3rd) $115 is calling my name but I gotta be disciplined. Use that $45 on something else .. its so tough man .... its tough :ohwell:

Pics look nice. I'd defiantly be copping if I didn't already have a pair. I'm just going to repaint my 07's and call it a day.

Here's my pair from 2006 that I never wear. I thought I would post these in here to contribute something.

Ok so can I ask this question .. I did not get the previous release either ... but how come the previous release is always referred to as '06 AND '07 .. which year was it? Its been bafflin me since I joined this thread

Ok so can I ask this question .. I did not get the previous release either ... but how come the previous release is always referred to as '06 AND '07 .. which year was it? Its been bafflin me since I joined this thread
People just get their dates mixed up. Same with Metallic 5s. But they were released Spring of '07.

These released in March 07 I believe. Also they released the same day as the white flips from what I remember.

I hope these are as easy to cop as everyone is saying. Seems like every release is getting harder and harder. Even with some work, I don't always score the pairs I want. Win some and lose some. It's how the game is now i guess.

Back
Top Bottom