Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

I find it weird that these got JMA branding.

SURE when they first dropped they had JMA branding, and it seems the logic is that only OG CWs getting the NA treatment.

But then why do my Tinkers have NA on the back? Definitely not an OG cw, this definitely the first time they ever dropped, so why they NA? Just because the sketch for them back when they were Rejected and Never got produced had NA on it?

I’m sure the original sketch of “the tinkers” had NA on the back, just like the rest of the OG cw’s. Just because they got scrapped doesn’t mean they didn’t have NA on the back when originally designed

I’m sure the original sketch of “the tinkers” had NA on the back, just like the rest of the OG cw’s. Just because they got scrapped doesn’t mean they didn’t have NA on the back when originally designed

I said in my post the tinker sketch had NA I’ve seen the sketch

I just think it’s inconsistent to refuse to give Katrina’s NA because they’re not an OG Color way but give it the Tinkers when they aren’t an OG Colorway.

I guess you’re focusing on the “Katrina’s first came out with JMA” part and to me it’s the “Tinkers, by definition, aren’t an OG colorway” part.

I suppose we can add a new term to sneaker vocabulary: “OG sketches”, colorways that were drawn, but never produced, while Mj was playing. :lol:

No need to get so heated >D

I’m not heated at all Mr. “heat seeker”. Sorry if it came off that way. I just don’t understand why you’re having a hard time grasping this concept.

Last edited:
I mean I'm in for a pair for sure, seems like its gonna be an easy cop, feel like most everyone who wants a pair will get it

curious if around holiday we're gonna get a proper wc3

this seems like this were produced in masses. unfortunately with this usually comes poor quality :/
i might need to buy a few pairs to get the best of the best

I said this for like 3 other releases this year and everything that day went wrong, but for real this time ... gonna be at Niketown SF in line before the store opens Sat morning lol. I want these Katrinas hella bad. Highly doubt I hit on any raffles (never have) ... Champs Platinum status, Footlocker I shud be plat but their system lagged on my last purchase, and Footaction probably will all give me the "next time."

I said this for like 3 other releases this year and everything that day went wrong, but for real this time ... gonna be at Niketown SF in line before the store opens Sat morning lol. I want these Katrinas hella bad. Highly doubt I hit on any raffles (never have) ... Champs Platinum status, Footlocker I shud be plat but their system lagged on my last purchase, and Footaction probably will all give me the "next time."

You won't need to wait in a line b

Watch me trek from Sac to Bay and then finally for a first time in a year hit on a SNKRS pair at 7am and not have to go to Niketown lol. I bet that's what happens.

Welp I kinda believe you but I have struck out literally on every release I wanted this year because buying shoes in Sacramento sucks. So Ill be down in the Bay this weekend and I'll be at Niketown to get a crispy straight from nike pair :smile:
Do what you gotta do to get your shoe. Good luck

What about ATMOS 3s?
There’s currently no rhyme or reason or logic to NA if you consider the atmos and Korea 3s...sample Travis Scott 4s.

The Jordan 3 was designed in the 80s with NA. That was Tinkers design and what they originally went with. 3s are better with Nike Air whether it’s an og color or the atmos or the Korea or any cw. The jumpman Air has only ever been there to satisfy Jordan’s ego.

A lot of people bring up the NA only for og cws for 3-6 but there’s no logic to that. It’s just groupthink/conditioning based on what Nike/Gentry has done in the past.

There wasn’t ever a need to change up the branding on any Jordan. Quite frankly, it ruins every “retro+“ 3-6.

this seems like this were produced in masses. unfortunately with this usually comes poor quality :/
i might need to buy a few pairs to get the best of the best

Not necessarily, judging by actual pics so far, the leather looks nice. The Shadow 1’s were mass produced and quality was nice.

I get the feeling that the hype is not there on these which is great for me, I rather pickup from FTL or FTA if I hit one of their raffles.

There’s currently no rhyme or reason or logic to NA if you consider the atmos and Korea 3s...sample Travis Scott 4s.

The Jordan 3 was designed in the 80s with NA. That was Tinkers design and what they originally went with. 3s are better with Nike Air whether it’s an og color or the atmos or the Korea or any cw. The jumpman Air has only ever been there to satisfy Jordan’s ego.

A lot of people bring up the NA only for og cws for 3-6 but there’s no logic to that. It’s just groupthink/conditioning based on what Nike/Gentry has done in the past.

There wasn’t ever a need to change up the branding on any Jordan. Quite frankly, it ruins every “retro+“ 3-6.

100% agreed with this, people like promac promac are too brainwashed by the groupthink/conditioning you mentioned that Gentry pushed out in the past. It's too bad that worked because we'd likely get more NA retros otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom