Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

Best pair I've seen so far, though I have high hopes for the Guo
Guo pair
Screenshot_20240430_103949_Chrome.jpg

Considering what JB says about this shoe, I'm at least curious to hold a pair in real life because the more I see pics, the more I question what about this model is so "premium," in the company's words? The only leather on the shoe is the heel-counter piece and the toe piece. The majority of the upper is a textile/woven/mesh material, and is that tongue treatment made of rubber? I'm just not seeing it, really. Maybe it all feels amazing in hand, somehow.

I realize Jordan Brand is all about Technology/Performance etc... and thats great but maybe its time to ALSO focus on appearance (Lifestyle), something that LOOKS good and is wearable off-court aswell, just like the old days breakn necks. Or just have MJ wear every new Jordan in his future commercials and then automatically they will be awesome and look cool. lol TRUE!

I realize Jordan Brand is all about Technology/Performance etc... and thats great but maybe its time to ALSO focus on appearance (Lifestyle), something that LOOKS good and is wearable off-court aswell, just like the old days breakn necks. Or just have MJ wear every new Jordan in his future commercials and then automatically they will be awesome and look cool. lol TRUE!

Yeah, and it really shouldn't be that difficult. I'm not a designer but I feel like I could take these and make them much better with a few simple modifications to the lines.

They might as well invest this technology and effort into their current players sig. This could of easily been the Luka 4 or something like that. I feel like if they must have to continue the sig line then the main goal should be finding the perfect balance of performance and lifestyle. We see with the Devin Bookers they are at least trying to attempt that. Maybe you sacrifice some performance, but that's what the players sigs are for. Just an idea.

Yeah, and it really shouldn't be that difficult. I'm not a designer but I feel like I could take these and make them much better with a few simple modifications to the lines.
They might want to invest in AI for design as a base and “refine” it from there..

I was looking at the colors and thinking about the release dates. It's making more sense that this will be a short release if only 9 colors are releasing, and all of them release in Fall and Holiday 2024.. That would open a window for either All-Star Weekend or the Playoffs for a new Jordan 40 shoe. Thoughts?

I was looking at the colors and thinking about the release dates. It's making more sense that this will be a short release if only 9 colors are releasing, and all of them release in Fall and Holiday 2024.. That would open a window for either All-Star Weekend or the Playoffs for a new Jordan 40 shoe. Thoughts?
Now that I'm over my initial set of disappointment over how it looks, I think you may be right. Also this definitely feels like a shoe made for Paulo to play in. Vic is probably getting his own alienesque shoe and Banchero is as good a flagship carrier since Conley & Uncle Jeff are on the way out the league and everybody else (Luka/Tatum/Zion) has a sig.

Maybe for the 40 they do something focused on the next gen.

Think we see any collabs or is that part of the budget cuts? A lot of Eastern European and Australians want to see a collab with the following:
Titan 22
Fragment
C’est Bon

I like the way you think. Time to get back to a proper air Jordan release

Think we see any collabs or is that part of the budget cuts? A lot of Eastern European and Australians want to see a collab with the following:
Titan 22
Fragment
C’est Bon
Yeah we’ll definitely see a collab according to the nicekicks article. The collab and the red colorway are supposedly what’s left for the remaining color ways. I was thinking UNDFTD in 2025 because that marks the 20th anniversary for the first Jordan IV/Jordan collab. But UNDFTD just did the abysmal 37. I’m curious as to who it'll be.

Yeah we’ll definitely see a collab according to the nicekicks article. The collab and the red colorway are supposedly what’s left for the remaining color ways. I was thinking UNDFTD in 2025 because that marks the 20th anniversary for the first Jordan IV/Jordan collab. But UNDFTD just did the abysmal 37. I’m curious as to who it'll be.

I thought in the video the designers said no collabs

I thought in the video the designers said no collabs
No. The one designer, Bennett Shaw, stated the focus with the 39 was “bold simplicity”. So, they weren’t focusing on crazy color ways or “a bunch of collabs”. According to sneaker news and complex, there are two colorways left. The “heritage” which consists of flooded red and the collab that will be announced toward the end of the year.

Via complex:
1714610143260.jpeg

Via sneakernews:
1714610179399.jpeg

This is the pair for me unless one of the other 2 are better.
These are really nice! I think, from the pics I’ve seen, the leather is a super nice Nubuck! I took a couple pics from the video of the interview with the two designers and you can see the differentiation of the lightness and darkness of the leather. The leather is just looking straight up buttery on all pairs! The tongue looks nicely padded with the perforated leather too! I just cant wait for these!

1714706715966.jpeg

1714706745397.png

1714706790625.jpeg

1714706829398.png

I guess I'm the only one who noticed that Jordan Brand spoke of 9 colorways and showed 7, but in fact they only showed up 6 colorways, because Gua Ailun colorway is a player exclusive colorway,....... That colorways never hits the stores, especially here in the States! So that means we have 3 more to expect including the collaboration with a clothing brand pair later this year?!! As for the clothing brand exclusive,..... And Jordan close ties to one particular brand that's known for high fashion, it would be a great time to bring in something special and unique..... Most don't remember these Bijan Fashion House ads,.... With a brand with so many textures available, that Jordan 39 collaboration with this brand would be truly upscale, from crocodile, suedes, leathers, silks,.... And since Bijan Pakzad passing on in 2011, I believe this shows focus on elegance, style, and luxury would be a fitting tribute to the Fashion Icon!!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 246
Back
Top Bottom