AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Well I'm not sure of all of philly but these were GONE by 12pm on Friday in South West/South Philly. I mean ALL sizes too.

Sucks being in the hood. The jordans still sell, but kids aren't going to school. Shameful.

I'm wondering if the bay is flooded right now with pairs, might be smart to wait a couple months and then sell them.

Oh RIGHT NOW it DEF will. I had these on ebay by 3pm on friday though while the madness was still in peoples heads. Had it up to 200 before I left the house. Been stuck on 210 for a day or so now though.

Eastbay pair should arrive today.
nthat.gif

Just gotta figure out what to do with that pesky FNL pair now.  They love to oversell and cancel orders, but don't like when the customer does the same.  Somehow them putting in that "cancellation request" never happens.  Convenient.
laugh.gif

Sick collection of IVs you got there. I wish I had the Cool Greys and the both Lasers.

Anyway here are a few pics of the 2012 IVs as I promised (sorry the kitchen is where I get the best lighting in this ****** up apartment, also these are cell phone pics)
In all my pics the Militaries and WCs have been worn a bit. The other three are DS

Any questions? Any specific type of pic you would like me to take?

Last edited:
Someone hook me up with an 8.5, im having sleepless nights over these. 

You guys have to realize something. All you "sneakerheads" make up a very small fraction of the footwear market. For every 100 customers that walk into a store 10 are "sneakerheads" less than 1 of those will buy something. Only time we really see business from you guys is on rd, in the first 15 minutes of the day. The rest of the time you're lining up and loitering the mall.

Another thing. Let me ask you, during a 4 hour shift (at the minimum) if you get 50 calls and 30-40 are from "sneakerheads" asking if we still have the shoe that released that day or weekend, would you not get annoyed? Also let me remind you, customers come first, the ones in store, they're our priority, not you.

Fam, if you're paying over retail, it isn't a connect.

I understand the frustration and am not disputing any of your points other than the overall worth of the sneaker head to the retail store, but if you think about it, even with your statistics, sneakerheads would still be what other stores would consider their most valuable customers (actual VIP in other areas of fashion).  Those other people you are spending all of this time with will most likely be going after a good deal first, then options for their shoes.  They may buy athletic footwear/gear twice a year and rack up $65-$100 per purchase, while taking up 30-60 mins of your time.  A sneaker head comes in, like you said, for 15 minutes of actual business, keeps you stocked up with the hottest shoes ON release day and then buys everything out to guarantee that you get a shipment of the next hot thing, rarely gets a discount on the products so the store is receiving the maximum profit, and they are spending $150-$220 dollars on EVERY purchase.  And they may do this multiple times a month (hypebeasts do this for EVERY release and in this scenario fall in the sneaker head category, not the regular customer). 

So if I was to only do this once a month, at $175 a pop and 15 minutes of your time, that is $2100 in sales per year, for 3 hours of your time (which in our case, that 15 minutes includes the time we are actually speaking to a salesperson on the phone at random times too.  When I cop a pair on RD all they do is grab my size and ring me up, 5 mins maybe).  Where as all of those non sneaker head customers will spend $130-$200 per year, for 1 to 2 hours of your time....  What customer should be more important here?  Which customer is more valuable?

The average customer that comes in looking at better shoes such as Free Run's and Lunarglides (Lunarglides are prolly the best out) will be much more important. Sneakerheads only give us a few sales, we can reach our daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals without those sales. Also at FNL we need to sell to 20% of the population that walks in. Theres literally hypebeast that walk in asking if we know where they can get space jams and other sneakers from years passed. We don't need them messing up our conversion. If it was a smaller population of sneakerheads than it would be better due to the simple fact that there would be less unnecessary traffic, less people buying Jordan's, more pairs available AFTER release date.

A customer will spend on average $10,000 in ONE store in their lifetime. On a more personal level, I have customers who have spent $50 this year, but more often they keep coming back and its safe to say at our store that these non sneakerheads have spent somewhere around $250-$400 with no more than 15 min visits.

I remember when retros first dropped, The 1-3 in 94-95 hit outlet tables for 50 bucks. When the 99 retro 4's dropped as well as 5's and 6's you could walk in to any store and it would sit for weeks. The one and only shoe i had to make a line for were the Blk/cement 3's in 2000 and even that was like a 40 min wait. It's easy to see that the shoe game now is not out of love but basically for profit. These shoes were out before and only sneakerheads bought them. Now same shoes come out today and instant sell out.
Completely agree with your assessment.  I remember from 2000-2003, I would just hit up the stores every couple of weeks and if there was something I wanted, I would buy it.  Let me stop fronting...I was a broke college kid...I wasn't copping everything, but they were there!  I had no idea about release dates.  Eventually, its gotta get back to this.  At some point, the masses will start to think Jordans are overexposed and corny. 

Completely agree with your assessment.  I remember from 2000-2003, I would just hit up the stores every couple of weeks and if there was something I wanted, I would buy it.  Let me stop fronting...I was a broke college kid...I wasn't copping everything, but they were there!  I had no idea about release dates.  Eventually, its gotta get back to this.  At some point, the masses will start to think Jordans are overexposed and corny. 

Won't happen with retros.

Jordan will never release them to a point that they'll wind up in outlets. They'll always be somewhat "limited" so that even if the hypebeasts die down, the OG collectors will still cop.

Maybe it's just me but I'm having a little buyers remorse.

I copped in store, and when I got home I looked at them and they didn't wow me like they did when I was looking at the pictures online. The pictures made the shoe in my opinion have more POP, and WOW. When in reality they're sort of dull, and boring.

Then again, maybe it just takes some time, or maybe they look better on foot. Or maybe the lighting in my house is bad..idk

Thanks Lucky for the sizing info. Not sure who Birdman is, but i was on NT many years ago, before the site was redesigned. Tried to login with my original account, but couldn't remember my password or email i used, so i created a new one.

For anyone questioning my 'cred', here's a shot of a few of my IV's. A:Dubl was my old screen name on here and ISS.

Last edited:
Won't happen with retros.
Jordan will never release them to a point that they'll wind up in outlets. They'll always be somewhat "limited" so that even if the hypebeasts die down, the OG collectors will still cop.
I agree.  I'm not saying that it'll reach a point where retros always end up in outlets.  What I think is that if the market shrinks to just the truly devoted collectors, it should be a lot easier to cop the shoes.  Of course, that market shift should occur over time, and while it does, JB will probably produce too many of a few retros, and those should end up in outlets. 

At some point, no one under 30 is going to care about Jordans.  Of course, with the way teenagers are buying them nowadays, that might not be for another 15 years. 

The average customer that comes in looking at better shoes such as Free Run's and Lunarglides (Lunarglides are prolly the best out) will be much more important. Sneakerheads only give us a few sales, we can reach our daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals without those sales. Also at FNL we need to sell to 20% of the population that walks in. Theres literally hypebeast that walk in asking if we know where they can get space jams and other sneakers from years passed. We don't need them messing up our conversion. If it was a smaller population of sneakerheads than it would be better due to the simple fact that there would be less unnecessary traffic, less people buying Jordan's, more pairs available AFTER release date.
A customer will spend on average $10,000 in ONE store in their lifetime. On a more personal level, I have customers who have spent $50 this year, but more often they keep coming back and its safe to say at our store that these non sneakerheads have spent somewhere around $250-$400 with no more than 15 min visits.

It always cracks me up when sneaker employees complain. Sneakerheads or not, it's YOUR JOB. It doesn't matter how many calls u get, or how much traffic sneakerheads bring in. The bottomline, it's your job. If u don't like answering 50 calls from sneakerheads, get a different job. You work in shoes, that's what u signed up for.

nice.
i'm turning 30 next year, super nervous lol.
how is sneaker loving life after 30?
I'll be 38 in January but I'm still collecting. Priorities change though as you get older with spouse and children. I had so many original Jordans growing up, too bad I didn't have the foresight to keep em though. At least by picking up some retros I can re-capture that feeling of picking them up back in the day.

Its different now, I have lived in NYC all my life and back in my HS days the only people who rocked J's were kids that balled, Kids that could afford or you local drug dealers. We also did not have all the media hype surrounding J's ie sneakernews, hypebeast and so on. Only thing i could remember were the kicks issues of SLAM as far as media. Back in the day you could buy OG J's from Ebay or yahoo auctions for under 100 easy. It has gotten worse, with the exception of a couple of pairs i have to buy my kicks from EU sites. I refuse to campout for sneakers.
Completely agree - only ballers, well off kids, and the dealers wore them here in Chicago-area too.

Has anyone received a shipping confirmation yet from Crooked Tongues? I am beginning to get a little concerned.

Back
Top Bottom