Air Jordan 4 "Royalty" to release February 4, 2017

Seems like theyre goin back to the higher cut , me like

the shape defintely improve on these

Hmm, Im really not seeing what you guys are seeing

The toe box does look slightly improved, mostly because the space above the toe is at a better angle.Giving that kinda stuffed tongue look.

But all the other telltale signs of the bad molds are still there. This is definitely not a true mid, but still the low ankle, low wings, and low side leather "waves" of every bad IV since post-1999

Marz, I know we've been down this road before so Ill keep the rant short for everyone.
With that said, I really like the color blocking. Ill definitely want to inspect a pair in hand when they drop

These would be nice if they were durabuck. And the pics we've seen are gm ua so we don't know If the shape will change

The toe box does look slightly improved, mostly because the space above the toe is at a better angle.Giving that kinda stuffed tongue look.

But all the other telltale signs of the bad molds are still there. This is definitely not a true mid, but still the low ankle, low wings, and low side leather "waves" of every bad IV since post-1999

Marz, I know we've been down this road before so Ill keep the rant short for everyone.
With that said, I really like the color blocking. Ill definitely want to inspect a pair in hand when they drop

Screw everyone's thoughts, Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 . I wanna hear your truth rant. :lol: People need to know, and understand that this model, has been butchered like no other. If you decide not to spit the truth, I'll just leave these pics here, so everyone can see.

1999's (Absolute perfection)

View media item 2241001

2012's (What we put up with now, because the 99's can't be worn, they cost too much, and have to be sole swapped)

View media item 2241003
Repped in advance, Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 .

Last edited:
quote name="Zephyr1983" url="/t/655074/air-jordan-4-royalty-to-release-january-2017/120#post_26958647"]

With that said, I really like the color blocking. Ill definitely want to inspect a pair in hand when they drop​

Screw everyone's thoughts Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 , I wanna hear you're truth rant. :lol: People need to know, and understand that this model, has been butchered like no other. If you decide not spit the truth, I'll just leave these pics here, so everyone can see.

1999's (Absolute perfection)

View media item 2241001
[/quote]
Honestly you can't really even bother about shape anymore. if you like the colorway you do, if not then on to the next. Pretty much what I do
can't cry over spilt milk

Last edited:
Honestly you can't really even bother about shape anymore. if you like the colorway you do, if not then on to the next. Pretty much what I do
can't cry over spilt milk

Screw all that, If they can fix the patent leather height on the 11's, they make the 4's taller, and more slanted. They just choose not too, because the masses, will buy and accept half *** BS, regardless. I'm thinking about sitting this release out, anyways. I'm still jobless, and the Ashford Lawrence nubuck is cringe worthy, honestly. I don't care what y'all say.

I'm going to dead my rant right here, before I get into the back & forth. That leads to someone trying to roast me, about my opinion. And 5 lame co signers' who thank they're special, because some NT legend "Supposedly" let me have it. And no pmpdaddyrobford pmpdaddyrobford , this is not directed towards you, in any shape, or form, fam.

pmpdaddyrobford pmpdaddyrobford

Ya, definitely a dead horse at this point. I haven't bought any IV since the 2012 BC. Hardly bought J's at all frankly

But its like ya said M marztharealist , JB has shown recently that they can and will fix "certain" flaws, so whats taking so long to get around to the IV's.
Prior to the remaster, I bought plenty of IV's and was moderately happy with them cause I figured JB was never gonna do any better.

It's really bummed me out that the IV is so neglected, and then to make matters worse people ate up the WC IV and claimed it was fully restored :smh:

I do think this is a nice looking colorway. Kinda reminds me of the styling on the Cool Grey IV, very underrated at the time

Ya, definitely a dead horse at this point. I haven't bought any IV since the 2012 BC. Hardly bought J's at all frankly

But its like ya said M marztharealist , JB has shown recently that they can and will fix "certain" flaws, so whats taking so long to get around to the IV's.
Prior to the remaster, I bought plenty of IV's and was moderately happy with them cause I figured JB was never gonna do any better.

It's really bummed me out that the IV is so neglected, and then to make matters worse people ate up the WC IV and claimed it was fully restored :smh:

I do think this is a nice looking colorway. Kinda reminds me of the styling on the Cool Grey IV, very underrated at the time

I agree Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 ... I absolutely love the colorway, but hate that they used that ashy *** nubuck. The shape doesn't help, either.

Also, that's really all they need to do with the 4's. They corrected the netting, even changed the plastic heel tab, to some rubbery material, so it won't dig into your Achilles.(Never had that problem, just heard about it.) If they can go back to the OG/99 shape, or something close to it... The 4's would FINALLY be straight!

Last edited:
If you not playing basketball in them that **** yall talking about dont matter tbh

If you not playing basketball in them that **** yall talking about dont matter tbh

Typical response, and yes it does. This is another BIG reason, why they've continued to give us half *** BS. We praise, and continue to accept sub par, mediocre BS. Like I said though, the rant is over. I won't bring it up again. Back to the release.

I agree Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 ... I absolutely love the colorway, but hate that they used that ashy *** nubuck. The shape doesn't help, either.
I'd wait for official pics tho. there's always something different wit the early pics

lol wut?

We're talking aesthetics. This literally has nothing to do with performance

And if you balling in retros then you already lost

unrep

:lol:

This, Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 ... I can't even imagine balling in some retros. Especially something like, the 2012 BC 4's, Playoff 11's & 2014 Black/Infrared 6's :lol: Hell, walking around causally in those shoes, my feet are DOA, in about 10 mins. :lol: Actually, balling on the court though??? That has to be mass, capital, homicidal murder. Especially, on the heels & toes...

As a matter of fact , I wore my Black/Infrared 6's two weeks ago, for a few hours, and my feet were murdered!!! The back tabs somehow were digging into both of my Achilles, and sliced them all TF up... I'm still wearing band aids of that mess!! Anyone else have that problem? And yes, this is also after, I removed and replaced the standard insoles.

Last edited:

I approved this sentiment when them joints was $160-170, and wish it was still like this tbh but now it at least gotta be above average to spend $190-200

No retro remaster has come out perfect and this is a retro+ type color (jumpman on the back) so there rly was no precedent to meet

I approved this sentiment when them joints was $160-170, and wish it was still like this tbh but now it at least gotta be above average to spend $190-200

No retro remaster has come out perfect and this is a retro+ type color (jumpman on the back) so there rly was no precedent to meet

Ima keep it funky..I still havent copped anything for 190. Maybe cool grey 11s but that was after taxes.

IMO, this is a perfect example of color blocking on a AJ4 where the jumpman on the back actually looks better than NA 

And the heel tab being made with leather is flat out 
pimp.gif

2 pairs a must.

air-jordan-4-royalty-black-metallic-gold-white-2.jpg

air-jordan-4-retro-royalty-7.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, this is a perfect example of color blocking on a AJ4 where the jumpman on the back actually looks better than NA 

And the heel tab being made with leather is flat out :pimp:

2 pairs a must.

unfortunately, that ashy suede is hot trash, but otherwise Id agree
At least the used ribber wings tho. Sometimes the leather heel = leather wings, and that means easy pass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom