Air Jordan 4 "Royalty" to release February 4, 2017

How many times can you release the same shoes over and over and have people get excited for them
It's like that for most shoes. Look at ultraboosts. You could say the same about converse and chuck taylors.  However somehow nike/jb are the exception and people to complain they are releasing the same shoes/style in different colorways but EVERY shoe brand does it.

I forgot these are a QS for some reason and I couldn't use my VIP rewards for these.

That'll be a pass for me. Next up, the white/red 13's.

I forgot these are a QS for some reason and I couldn't use my VIP rewards for these.

FTL let me use mine and I overheard employees saying that they got some email from corporate about these not being excluded from the use of rewards.

Easy pass, checked them out yesterday at a Nike store. Wasn't impressed with the suade leather or the cheap looking gold plastic. Holding out for the black/grey/blue.

FTL let me use mine and I overheard employees saying that they got some email from corporate about these not being excluded from the use of rewards.

Interesting. I couldn't use mine at foot locker.

Not really too big deal. But like you and others have posted. You used yours.

Not a priority to get these. So all good.

There were raffles in my area and I ended up hitting 2/6 raffles (only picked up 1 pair), plus a Stadium Goods pair so I am going to make the best pair of the 2 and return the other one. 

That's the plan at this point. I have 2 pairs of  BC4, WC4, and oreos. but I don't need doubles of this one. Like it, don't love it.

Last edited:
Saw these at FNL yesterday and I don't know if it was just the display pair but I didn't think they looked great in hand. Think it was the material of the gold. Probably look good on feet though, just not for me. 

I used my $25 birthday discount at Footlocker. Paid $179 after taxes. Can't complain. Satisfied with this shoe.

I saw these in person, they're dope af; definitely do more for me in person than in pictures. Still not enough to cop tho

The gold looks weird, idk if it's how dark it is or that it's plastic. But the suede material is hella soft..

I bet that "crown royal" purple for the suede would've looked nice with that deep gold color.

Last edited:
I finally rocked my pair yesterday. They look great on foot. It was a pain to get a decent pair but well worth the trouble. The Royalties are a must have for any Jordan 4 lover.

For years they limited trash and everyone was buying at resell for $250-300 at $160 retail.

In a focus group they invited me to they said, verbatim, "we're going to kill resellers"

For the most part...they have.

Jordan's are no longer "cool" at $190

But a 3 stripe version of presto, roshe and huaraches are worth the $160-200 retail?

We gotta be accountable.

Us 30year old + members exercise restraint and delayed gratification. Those times are slowly coming back.

Don't pay $190. Use a coupon, wait it out...

But we can't keep acting like the quality is what's keeping most from buying.

The truth is...the shepherd made a stop at the adidas store and the sheep are waiting to be lead to the Nike/jb section

some real knowledge right there :smokin

what focus group where you at for nike ?

what else was said

Last edited:
For years they limited trash and everyone was buying at resell for $250-300 at $160 retail.

In a focus group they invited me to they said, verbatim, "we're going to kill resellers"

But a 3 stripe version of presto, roshe and huaraches are worth the $160-200 retail?

We gotta be accountable.

Us 30year old + members exercise restraint and delayed gratification. Those times are slowly coming back.

The truth is...the shepherd made a stop at the adidas store and the sheep are waiting to be lead to the Nike/jb section
Repped.

We gotta be accountable.

repped. 

But for me... I am stopping my J purchases solely because of the quality. 

If the quality picks up... I"ll start looking again. Luckily the AJ1s have been *decent* but all others so far .... man trash trash trash with the exception of the flu games. 

Last edited:
I personally believe that Jordan culture is approaching 'jumping the shark' status.

I don't know the numbers, but it just feels that way. With virtually everything being a GR, but at like $200 a shoe, and them dropping so frequently, there isn't any real novelty to having Jordans anymore. Resellers, for all the flack that came with them, served a purpose for the Jordan Brand, which was to drive up desire and prices for the product(s).

I still buy (because I always have, and will always buy what I like) although muchhhh less than I used to

I personally believe that Jordan culture is approaching 'jumping the shark' status.

I don't know the numbers, but it just feels that way. With virtually everything being a GR, but at like $200 a shoe, and them dropping so frequently, there isn't any real novelty to having Jordans anymore. Resellers, for all the flack that came with them, served a purpose for the Jordan Brand, which was to drive up desire and prices for the product(s).

I still buy (because I always have, and will always buy what I like) although muchhhh less than I used to

Too much truth in this thread

Nike's greed is biting themselfs in the ***

Last edited:
Too much truth in this thread

Nike's greed is biting themselfs in the ***
Like Jordan is Jordan, so it'll do well in the market place, relatively speaking.

But I see people looking at Adidas, and some other huaraches and other kicks, in the fashion that people used to look at Jordans. They're overproducing them, but still need a profit so they jack up the prices to coincide with the mass releasing of the sneakers.

Price aside, Jordan consumers had been campaigning for the days where they could walk in and buy kicks again, and those days are pretty much here, for better or worse. 5, 7 years ago these IV's would have been gone off the shelves. For me, it's a good thing, because again, I buy what I like but the novelty of the Jordan brand is indeed approaching 'jumping the shark' status.

Back
Top Bottom