Air Jordan 4 x Levi's

Anyone who copped the kicks at retail and are on the fence about keeping them, I suggest you keep em. this is one of the most unique jordans to drop in a very long time, raw levi denim. sell em and you'll regret it later but go ahead and sell if resell is your thing.

I love and want these IV's as much as you do, but I gotta correct the rumoring...

Nothing here is official, just my understanding of how the industry works:

1. There's no such thing as "Levi's denim". Levi's, like Nike, is a designer and marketer of clothes. They outsource the making of denim textile to others. They also outsource the manufacturing of the garment. The closest we get to branding of the actual denim textile is when LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing sub-brand) issued jeans made with "Cone Mills denim". (Sadly, Cone Mills, the one remaining manufacturer of denim in USA, closed a few months ago.)

Still, being the brand ho that I am, the IV's with real Levi's branding is worth more to me than the denim AF-1's without it.

2. Raw denim is denim that has not been washed. Therefore it is unshrink and unfaded. The denim used on the IV's looks to be stonewashed, not raw. And you definitely would not want to sew unshrunk denim onto a rubber sole. That would be disaster as soon as the sneaks get wet.

Last edited:
It's lunch hour and I have not gotten any calls from unrecognized numbers, i.e. Levi's SoHo raffle. :frown:
Anyone hear from them? If so, care to share the pickup details? :evil:
Need to know when to go there to fetch the un picked up pairs.... I'm thirsty!

It's lunch hour and I have not gotten any calls from unrecognized numbers, i.e. Levi's SoHo raffle. :frown:
Anyone hear from them? If so, care to share the pickup details? :evil:
Need to know when to go there to fetch the un picked up pairs.... I'm thirsty!

telemarketers gonna be happy today, cause im picking up all private/unknown numbered calls today lol. usually if its private or its a number i dont know, i dont pick up and let em leave a message if its important.

oh, and any unclaimed pairs gonna disappear. they not gonna be available for u to walk in after and pick up a pair lol thats just IMO

I love and want these IV's as much as you do, but I gotta correct the rumoring...

1. There's no such thing as "Levi's denim". Levi's, like Nike, is a designer and marketer of clothes. They outsource the making of denim textile to others. They also outsource the manufacturing of the garment. The closest we get to branding of the actual denim textile is when LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing sub-brand) issued jeans made with "Cone Mills denim". (Sadly, Cone Mills, the one remaining manufacturer of denim in USA, closed a few months ago.)

Still, being the brand ho that I am, the IV's with real Levi's branding is worth more to me than the denim AF-1's without it.

2. Raw denim is denim that has not been washed. Therefore it is unshrink and unfaded. The denim used on the IV's looks to be stonewashed, not raw. And you definitely would not want to sew unshrunk denim onto a rubber sole. That would be disaster as soon as the sneaks get wet.

Thanks for this post - I had not realized Cone Mills closed. All my denim is selvedge and I have a pair from Cone Mills. I guess its all Japanese now.

As an interesting add-on, Levi transitioned to much more efficient looms (at the expense of quality/durability in stitching) in the 1980s and had their original looms from the 1960s sitting in a warehouse before they decided to finally sell them in ~2000ish. Donwan Harrell, who was a Nike designer and founded Akademiks, bought those looms and founded PRPs with the idea of creating higher quality jeans at a higher manufacturing cost while hoping people will value the quality at a higher price point.

I did not think it would be this hard to size swap in my local FB group. It's not even like there's a huge resell difference between a 9.5 and 9 like the Kaws smaller vs bigger sizes.

NO CALL FOR ME TODAY... It's STARTING TO GET LATE IN THE DAY... MAYBE THEY WILL CALL TONIGHT AND GIVE US THE INFO FOR TUESDAY PICK UP... OR IT WAS JUST CRAP, TO BEGIN WITH

I Hope they at least send an Email telling to that you did not win... show some class levis just saying

Why wouldn't they call? I got a call about an hour ago confirmed to pick up in store.

whats the number htey used so ican call and pretend i missed my size so i can take someone else pair

lemme know what size you are so i dont take your by accident

You might be the only winner in this raffle..... that we hear about. I sure like the dude just said Employees Back Dohring the rest of the stock. If that’s the case I have the shoes and the jacket so I would be more then ok with it. Just feel bad for the dudes that really wanted the shoes and jacket.

These shoes seem to be polarizing, but I absolutely LOVE them.

Jordan 4 is a great model.
Levi's is an iconic brand.
While the black model may be more aesthetically pleasing, when you think of jeans you think of blue. Add in the red Levi's tab device, the brown tongue tag, the yellow stitching ... it was executed damn near perfectly.

Well done JB, well done.

Back
Top Bottom