Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we're talking about other V colorways... I don't understand.
:rolleyes
Maybe you should read through the thread before you post. We're speaking of other colorways because a few pages back someone asked if they should trade their 2nd pair of Grapes for Metallic Vs.

So much for originality lol
mean.gif
These dudes fits aint bad tho. Not that I'd rock em like that but pretty clean and simple...Now if they would just all split up and go their separate ways.

Still waiting 2 Shipping Notifications from NDC. Not sure if other peoples from NDC have been shipped. Taking a little longer then normal for them. No worries tho. :D

I'm so glad these were an LS release in 2006.

No hypebeast, NOBODY had these. I went to school that Monday & killed everybody.

No crazy lines...walked in & walked out with 3 pairs...FA only got 18 pair. My homies got the rest.
Right! People in line thought I was lying when I said they released in 06! I copped from eastbay back then..lol one yungin told me eastbay wasnt even around??? This generation of Sneaker Heads are dead hype to me!

My boy who works at the footlocker on 42nd st in NYC just told me that his store only had 250 pairs of these, compared to around 400 for the bugs.

Still waiting 2 Shipping Notifications from NDC. Not sure if other peoples from NDC have been shipped. Taking a little longer then normal for them. No worries tho. :D

I just got my shipping notification at 11:00 PM EST. Literally 20 min ago, must be working overtime lol. Guess they really did produce massive quantities. I haven't heard or seen anything about these sitting on shelves like the Fire 5's tho, at least not in the northeast.

^for real. Those kids look fresher than 90% of the members laughing at them did in high school.

We never worried about looking fresh in high school. Different times. We played hoops from 730a-830a, spent 4 periods smelling all kinds of bad stuff, went to 7 Eleven for lunch to by a Slurpee and some doritos with a squirt of the nacho cheese in it, went back to school and played ball for another 30 minutes, than finished the final 2 periods before going home and copping some Now-n-laters for the ride back on the bus.

Dressing to impress wasnt the thing to do back when I was growing up.

Really? High School was all about dressing to impress and looking good and fresh for the females :lol: unless you're were an athlete then it didn't matter ( :smokin ) the stuff your describing in your post we definitely did in middle school though. Different era's I guess.

I got my shipping notification for my first pair around 7:00 p.m, still waiting on the second pair.

Really? High School was all about dressing to impress and looking good and fresh for the females :lol: unless you're were an athlete then it didn't matter ( :smokin ) the stuff your describing in your post we definitely did in middle school though. Different era's I guess.

Yeah, it wasn like that back then for me. I'm almost 39. It could be where I went to high school (Santa Monica). we're in a beach city and wearing surf shorts, vans, and a t shirt was dressing to impress. I was sporting caricature sports T's (old heads will know what I'm talking about - Barkley, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino, etc). You didnt have to impress females with clothes back then. Chicks didnt even wear make up much. I see high school girls now and they all look/dress like they are 10 years older.

These dudes fits aint bad tho. Not that I'd rock em like that but pretty clean and simple...Now if they would just all split up and go their separate ways.

Never said the fits were bad just thought it was weird that people would intentionally wear the same exact sh*t lol. It seems this release has people going out of their way to do the corniest sh*t ever lol. Thats why I said 'so much for originality'.

I just got my shipping notification at 11:00 PM EST. Literally 20 min ago, must be working overtime lol. Guess they really did produce massive quantities. I haven't heard or seen anything about these sitting on shelves like the Fire 5's tho, at least not in the northeast.

Never said the fits were bad just thought it was weird that people would intentionally wear the same exact sh*t lol. It seems this release has people going out of their way to do the corniest sh*t ever lol. Thats why I said 'so much for originality'.

They're kids tho. You never dressed alike as a child?

My family always had me and my younger cousin wearing similar fits out. Mainly because if my Mom bought something, she bought it for my cousin. And my Aunt did the same. They thought it was cute.

Honestly those kids look like siblings, which would make even more sense.

I see you point though, but there's another side to it aside from the "originality" aspect.

Yea I got my confirmation at like 6pm today. I was sweating it because it had never taken this long before. I was checking accts to see which card I put them on and ish, just to see if NDC had charged me for them or not, lol

Because I actually care bout NT. You....

Fresh Out DaBox
555 Posts. Joined 3/2013
I've been up here for over 10 years. That's not the way NT operated. Do you see this being done in any other topic? NT has always looked down on ISS, now it's becoming ISS.

This is why JB continues to be the black sheep of NT, because all of the little kids have invaded this section.

LOL This whole statement made me laugh :lol:

I've been here for over 10 years as well, but who cares that's neither here nor there because NOBODY CARES! The fact of the matter is that one of the most anticipated releases of the year has people doing some of the funniest and corniest **** I've seen from the sneaker community in a long time. Its all in good spirit though so just calm down dude, RELAX! Like I said, If it bothers you report or flag it since 'you actually care about NT' and 'look down' on that type of stuff, but please spare us with that holier than thou mentality.

They're kids tho. You never dressed alike as a child?

My family always had me and my younger cousin wearing similar fits out. Mainly because if my Mom bought something, she bought it for my cousin. And my Aunt did the same. They thought it was cute.

Honestly those kids look like siblings, which would make even more sense.

I see you point though, but there's another side to it aside from the "originality" aspect.

No never lol. Your family dressing you alike and you actually choosing the dress like everyone else are 2 different things. I'd never do anything like that, but hey they are doing them and they totally have the right to do so. I just thought it was funny because this release has folks doing all types of funny stuff, its all in good spirits though my man.

Last edited:
LOL This whole statement made me laugh :lol:

I've been here for over 10 years as well, but who cares that's neither here nor there because NOBODY CARES! The fact of the matter is that one of the most anticipated releases of the year has people doing some of the funniest and corniest **** I've seen from the sneaker community in a long time. Its all in good spirit though so just calm down dude, RELAX! Like I said, If it bothers you report or flag it since 'you actually care about NT' and 'look down' on that type of stuff, but please spare us with that holier than thou mentality.

Magic1978 can't help his holier than thou mentality. Thats him 24/7. I swear I;ve seen him post "I wish NT was like back in the days" at least 5 times today. He's like a cop at the end of the month that needs to fill his quota with that stuff. We get it, you've been here for a while, but your act is old. You're like that cranky old uncle who talks about back in the day this, back in the day that. You're cool, we get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom