Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
camped 11 hours and feels like he accomplished something lol

11 hrs * $10 = $110 you could have made instead of camping

pre orders for $240

160+110 = 270 - 240 = 30

30$ saved by not camping

around what time on friday do you get called to know if you won the raffle cuz i hope they don't call while i'm in school

Haha, dead on. I don't even visit the place anymore. I would rather go to Century City or Grove or Rodeo.

Fox Hills was good to me in the early 2000 days of FootAction exclusive Dunks.

818shoe: looks like the shoes are scarce around these parts. Panorama only got one FSR. If you wanna talk about hood then...
laugh.gif

Topanga did the guaranteed tickets this morning.

Online it is.
Century City Mall hasn't had a Foot Locker since like 2006 or 2007. The Grove doesn't have any shoe stores. And what's Rodeo?

You're based in the Valley? I actually spoke to the Panorama Mall Foot Locker manager who I've dealt with awhile ago when he was at a different store on the phone this past Monday morning, he told me it was a raffle at his store. One FSR, you mean they're only getting 1 per size at Panorama Mall Foot Locker?

I read about Topanga HOH doing guaranteed tickets this morning. Its a done deal obviously.

I just feel its way too much work for us reasonable folks to get a pair of shoes for full price honestly. The drives to obtain raffle tickets or to guarantee yourself a pair at store offering reserves and having to come back on Saturday morning to pick up the shoes is way too time consuming and gas draining.

If I strike out online early Saturday morning, so be it, I have to live with it. Making drives to get into raffles with no assurance of securing a pair is losing too much because you end up burning gas and putting miles on your car if you don't get a call.

That store that made people camp 12 hours for a ticket is just messed up. They're just messing with people to make it harder than it should be for them.

Camping for 11 hours? Unreal brother

Yes I camped for 11 hours. I didn't want to take my chances online on release day and maybe the websites crash I wanted to make sure I got a pair for retail. I don't have a problem camping if it's needed I've camped 20 hours for the Bred XI's (didn't know they would restock so many times though) and it paid off because I got my size and paid retail and was first in line. Yes i'm a camper when I need to be and I am used to it.Besides i'm off on Wednesdays and decided what better way to spend the day then securing a pair of grape 5's that are releasing this saturday.Now before I go to work Saturday I don't have to worry about lines I can walk in the store show my i.d. get my size and head to work.:smile:

pre orders for $240

160+110 = 270 - 240 = 30

30$ saved by not camping

I, for some reason, hate when people do this haha. Who cares. He had time to camp out.

pre orders for $240

160+110 = 270 - 240 = 30

30$ saved by not camping

I got paid yesterday and I am off today yep I certainly do feel like i've accomplised something. I can walk in and walk out of the store with the exact size I need GUARANTEED without waiting in line Saturday and I don't have to worry about paying above retail.:smile:

Last edited:
I, for some reason, hate when people do this haha. Who cares. He had time to camp out.
yea, my bad, lol i camped for 5 hours once and i hated it, i guess some people enjoy it tho, to each his own. i was trippin during those 5 hours i have no clue how somebody can make it 11 hours (or 20). but yeah there are so many websites these could be copped at and i never failed online so i guess i just have no reason to camp

Who was making a joke? Your logic is a joke. When you read, do you just look at the words or do you actually read to find a meaning or a purpose?
I know exactly what you're saying- you want to wait a few months to pass just so you can avoid rocking the same mass produced shoe like everybody else so you don't look like a team or a couple. But what you don't realize is, even if people wear the grapes less in a few months, there will still be people rocking them then thus you will look like everybody or somebody else who is rocking them when you do. Understand now?
*edit*

I'll just delete my rant so he doesn't have to reply

Last edited:
I went to my local footlocker to do the raffle talking to the worker she said she hasn't seen this hype since the Bred 11's and I was like really? Then some random dude came up to me and was like "yeah man these haven't came out in a couple of years." He said it in such a douchey voice I was like yeah I know back in 06 dude just left me alone. I hate when dudes treat me like I don't know.

I camped for exactly 4.5 hours and walked out w/ 4 guaranteed tickets. I definitely feel like I won. I went assuming I'd only walk with one, maybe two, at the most.

this thread is becoming very good comedy. keep it going. :tongue:
nothing better than seeing a bunch of dudes bicker about shoes LOL..

sounds mad funny to live in LA ^^^...I don't think camping for 5 hours or under would be bad, I'd just bring a book or something to do

Collecting Dust?!?!!? you must be smoking that dust, Wolf Grey 5's are one of the sickest V's EVER! The last V they actually did right, quality, shape :smokin

yes, collecting dust. I dont even think I put them back in the box. Just dont care for them much. Sorry, not everyone will feel the same as you with every shoe. I'd sell them on ebay if I wasnt so lame when it came to putting pictures up.

So are people actually going to try and get thru on the phone orders?! Guess it wouldn't hurt to wait on hold while the SPA page is up..

Last edited:
sounds mad funny to live in LA ^^^...I don't think camping for 5 hours or under would be bad, I'd just bring a book or something to do
It is at times. You have kids and grown men whose lives revolve around impressing other men. If you dont have a LV belt, Bellanciagas *sp, a clothing line (yes, everyone is L.A. has a clothing line then you're "broke". And when you see some of the people you know in this stereotype most if not all live at home. I'm not talking about 17-21 year olds but 21-up who drive and dress like they're doing it but stay at home.

Add that to climate of shoes in L.A. and therein lies the problem. We dont have to camp for every release but because it's L.A. and these lames working at the stores and the lames buying...everything is a campout.

I'm 32, I haven't bought a pair of Jordans in-store since I was like 26. I'm not built to camp out days for a shoe. If my mom and pop dont call then it's online.

I dont have time to talk sneakers to strangers for hours because that's what NT is for.

Century City Mall hasn't had a Foot Locker since like 2006 or 2007. The Grove doesn't have any shoe stores. And what's Rodeo?

You're based in the Valley? I actually spoke to the Panorama Mall Foot Locker manager who I've dealt with awhile ago when he was at a different store on the phone this past Monday morning, he told me it was a raffle at his store. One FSR, you mean they're only getting 1 per size at Panorama Mall Foot Locker?

I read about Topanga HOH doing guaranteed tickets this morning. Its a done deal obviously.

I just feel its way too much work for us reasonable folks to get a pair of shoes for full price honestly. The drives to obtain raffle tickets or to guarantee yourself a pair at store offering reserves and having to come back on Saturday morning to pick up the shoes is way too time consuming and gas draining.

If I strike out online early Saturday morning, so be it, I have to live with it. Making drives to get into raffles with no assurance of securing a pair is losing too much because you end up burning gas and putting miles on your car if you don't get a call.
I'm not into shoes like I was in high school and undergrad. I mentioned those places where I hang out, shop and dine at.

Yeah, Panorama only got one FSR. Used to go there in high school to buy them with ease :lol: if I can't get them for retail then I'll skip. It's not a big deal.

Last edited:
what if it goes up pass 250.oo. its so hard to tell i know the fire reds restockes mad times and the resell value dropped. you know what ill wait it out. hoepfully a link works or u guys buy one pair not six or seven. uno para caruno entiende!

Dude, just pay the damn $250 already, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom