Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

NPriest29 posted that dudes not buying because they dont have the money not that they dont like the shoe (or thats how i understood it).
My response, which makes no sense to you, is that people can like the shoe but not purchase because they dont like the price.

the common theme now is lesser quality for a more expensive shoe. im sure a lot of people would be singing a different tune if the shoe was $125 instead of $160 and thats not because they cant afford it. its because they dont think they are worth the cost.

no sir, thats wat makes sense to me and wat i have been trying to prove in every example i used so far...price shudnt matter when it comes to liking sumthn
"many people say hey I like this shoe but not for that price" n "liking and price go hand and hand" n such was kinda leaning me towards the price effecting liking something jus in a general sense.thats obviously wat i was objecting...thanks tho bro for conversing, i have to get off

you speak of liking as if its a true false, black/white, on/off and its certainly not when it comes to purchases. You are completely omitting the purchasing part. I agree that a person likes or doesnt like something, but my original statement had to do with actually purchasing the product.

there are different degrees to liking a shoe. some people say man... I LOVE THIS SHOE and ILL PAY ANYTHING FOR IT. Other times they say, this shoe is real chill but Im going to hold off and get it for a better price. Not sure how hard this is to get.

I ordered from Finish Line and I just got my UPS tracking information this morning. I'm hoping the fact that I'm getting these shipped to my school mailbox doesn't affect the shipping time. I've never copped Js online before, but whenever I get stuff shipped to my school from Amazon or something there's always an issue with processing the address. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. Hopefully everyone else who ordered from Finish Line got their shipping information too.

Thanks for the Eastbay link.

I had to join to thank you guys. Everybody on this forum seems to really want to help each other out. Really appreciate it.

Wow I was real late. I was coming to tell everyone they were back up on Eastbay. Almost a FSR. I think they made a lot of these. I hope JB continues to make a lot of these so everyone who really wants a pair gets one and cuts into these stupid resellers.

and I wish people would stop frontin... JUST SAY YOU DONT GOT THE $$$  stop trynna act like your taking this stance that your passing because of materials or another shoe is coming out later ! Shoe A has nothing to do with shoe B ! If you had the $$$ you would buy both and you know it... 

Nothing wrong with admitting you aint got it... No future in your frontin.

It's okay to critique bro, relax. It's also a damn sneaker forum, so don't be surprise when people chime in with negative feedback and/or experiences with a particular SNEAKER. Some of us are early 80's babies who grew up with the originals and have watched the regression firsthand. I personally frequent the thread to see how they came out and see what the pairs that people copped look like, because I plan to scoop the black tongues should they drop and if the final product is satisfactory.

We should welcome the reviews. NT should have some type of star system rating the shoe for different categories i.e. functionality, materials, comfort, and so on.

Last edited:
My fnl shipping info came but the package still hasn't left the warehouse. Oh well can't complain gotta stay thankful I'm getting my 160 stiff leather replica. Oh yeah and the 3M issue exposed in pics a couple pages back really irked me. A unique and arguably the best part of the shoe is getting skimped cause JB needs pinch pennies for max profit. Honestly 160 is already too much but ill pay 165 for some real 3M and more padding

Wow these restocks are going fast...
Usually these post day restocks are really restocks. They are just all the pairs that were returned or orders with the shoe that were canceled. Instead of putting them back on as they get canceled or returned they do it all at once so that's why it seems like there's a restock. 

My fnl shipping info came but the package still hasn't left the warehouse. Oh well can't complain gotta stay thankful I'm getting my 160 stiff leather replica. Oh yeah and the 3M issue exposed in pics a couple pages back really irked me. A unique and arguably the best part of the shoe is getting skimped cause JB needs pinch pennies for max profit. Honestly 160 is already too much but ill pay 165 for some real 3M and more padding
I skipped these shoes on release day due to the reviews saying it's terrible quality but I haven't had a pair of 5s since 1990 so I went for them today. I like the high tongue and the lack of 23 on the side.

I'll pass on the grapes if the leather isn't dramatically better.

I would guess they'd drop the Black/Metallic silvers again sometime this year, probably towards the end of 2013. I can't imagine they wouldn't considering it's the 23rd anniv. of the V's.

I ordered from JJ too, is there a reason you expect them by Wed. or is that just a guess?

I used 3 day shipping like I usually do with JJ.. I've heard standard shipping takes forever. I doubt they will arrive Wednesday now though, due to the fact they made me send a picture of my ID to them because of the price of the order. :x

Then its a random restock on JJ.. According to them, my order is on "hold". Man, if my pair got canceled/sold I will be beyond pissed & I'm raising hell at JJ HQ.

and I wish people would stop frontin... JUST SAY YOU DONT GOT THE $$$  stop trynna act like your taking this stance that your passing because of materials or another shoe is coming out later ! Shoe A has nothing to do with shoe B ! If you had the $$$ you would buy both and you know it... 

Nothing wrong with admitting you aint got it... No future in your frontin.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have money.  I bought a pair online.  I went and saw them at the mall yesterday and didn't like the "leather".  I canceled my order when I got home.

Money had nothing to do with passing on these.  It was the garbage *** "leather" that JB used.  

Stop acting like people can't have a negative opinion just because you love the shoe.  I love the Fire Red V's---they're easily my favorite Jordan.  But that doesn't blind me to the FACT that the materials are subpar, as is the shape.  If these were $100, yeah, I might have kept my pair.  But for $160?  Naw...I'd rather buy a shoe with some quality materials.  That's just me though.  Everyone else can do them and I'm not even mad at that.  Maybe you should take the same approach and stop generalizing about people who complain because the complaints are most definitely valid. 

Back
Top Bottom