Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Odd question, but do you guys rock these (5s in general) with the lace lock?

JordanLovah posted a pic on the last page without it, and it looked clean.

:smokin

since the tongues are so long on v's, i go to the top lacehole and then just lacelock without tying them. that's how i do both torobravo pairs.

Odd question, but do you guys rock these (5s in general) with the lace lock?

JordanLovah posted a pic on the last page without it, and it looked clean.

smokin.gif
Lacelocks for my 5s and 6s stay rolling around in the box.

Last edited:

Finally got my pair...for a lil more then i could have but its cool. The quality is not bad at all to me for now... I'll get back after a few wears .

that looks really good or jordan 2s if anyone has ever done it try it out looks amazing with that type of lacing

they dont do replacement shoes, its been like this for years. all you get is a voucher.

Same difference, I never did it. Just heard it was possible and you got a new pair if there was an issue. Voucher or replacement pair, whatever. The point still being that nike stood behind their products.

Same difference, I never did it. Just heard it was possible and you got a new pair if there was an issue. Voucher or replacement pair, whatever. The point still being that nike stood behind their products.
Yep, they still do. I complained about my 5's having the scratch and they made it right with me, no complaints on how it was handled.

Greetings all. Been out of the sneaker game since 2002. Got back in about a year ago so need some help with these newer retro releases.

So I ordered a size 12 of these 2013 V's from FinishLine and bought a size 11.5 from a local mom n pop shop. Here's my question: the tongue on the size 12's (from Finishline) is bigger and taller than the tongue on my size 11.5 (from local shop). The Jumpman logo on the tongue is also noticeably larger on size 12 than on size 11.5. And the mesh netting on the side of size 12 also appears to be bigger than on size 11.5. Another difference is that the ridges on the tongue right below the Jumpman are more defined and deeper on size 12.  Now I know that 1/2 a size difference in a shoe should not vary the overall look of the sneaker, I'm just wondering is this something that typically happens with these newer releases, is this a manufacturing defect or is it possible that my local sporting goods store sold me a variant or a defective product or some early prototype release of this sneaker. Pictures included below. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.   

Size 12 on the outside, both 11.5 on the inside

11.5 on the left 12 on the right

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right

size 12 near, and 11.5 behind it

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right (plastic netting looks much bigger on size 12)

size 12 next to 11.5
Dud

I had issues with my 5's as well. I had a dark stain on the backside of the top of the tongue on the sock liner, also on the other shoe it had a black smudge on the 3M side of the top of the tongue. Didn't really care because one you can't see and the smudge on the 3M kinda cleaned off and u can't really tell it was there. But for $170 after tax JB shouldn't be having these issues. Even nike sigs are coming out ****** up with quality issues, it's been getting worse every year...

Back
Top Bottom