Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Dudes in here said that stores got their shipment way before compared to the 13s..& I guess the 13s had only 1-2 per size when these have 3 per size..?
Could be true...the stores around my way did all have 1 case or 12-14 pairs max for the bred 13s, so there's some truth for that. I guess we'll have to wait and see, plus I don't think the hype is that high for these, yet...they will have more pairs of these fire red 5s? were about a week away from release and the bred 13s still stealing the show lol.

Last edited:
Due to raffles...I think its hassle free/convenient $ wise to cop from resellers. Sometimes because,
I have to go to the Mall , Twice.
First to get raffle ticket & then to pick up shoes..depending on what kind of car you drive, thats at least $10-20 worth of gas.+ time.
if your thinking that deep into it, you probably shouldn't be buying $160 sneakers. just a thought 

Was really trying to avoid seeing pics and on feets, but i think they got me.. i just might have too change my mind and grab a pair my wc coupon is ready

Last edited:
these will be an easy cop especially since the BHM collection releases the same day.  I see these having multiple restocks as well if you miss out on release day

Have the fire red release from 06 or whenever.

Actually like the grey tongue better. Hope I'm able to cop.

Last edited:
Was really trying to avoid seeing pics and on feets, but i think they got me.. i just might have too change my mind and grab a pair my wc coupon is ready
tumblr_lol880OL5J1qdg8hko1_500.gif

Air_Jordan_5_Retro_2013_Fire_Red_S_1__36701.1349075303.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
I be so surprised when I hear "black tongues this" and "black tongues that". If you know Jordans you know that these have always s****** all over "black tongues" anyday of the week. No question. These days most of the time I just lurk and :smh: at all these wanna be sneaker enthusiast. Absolutley can't wait to cop these easy in lieu of fools.
That's your opinion. I personally think the ones with the black tongue are better because there's more red on the midsole, & that stands out to me. Am I a wannabe because of that?

For those that have these; I know what the box label says, but how does the red on the midsole look in person? Is it bright?

been hearing people passing up on these fire red 5s because of the "no 23" on the heel side, maybe that's affecting the hype of these. Bit on the fence whether I want these or wait for the black tongue w/ 23 in the fall. But I'm leaning towards copping cause I love the 5s regardless. 

The black tongues in the fall will NOT have the 23 on the side, same as these.

Love every one of these high, detailed tongue pics. Can't believe the guy asking if he's the only one that thinks the tongue looks awkwardly high. Hell ya you the only one! That's how these are supposed to be and what a fan of the V's has been waiting on. I'm REALLY glad they went back to the super defined "stamped" jumpman on the tongue. All releases 2006 and up had kind of just a weak indention outline around the jumpman on the tongue. These actually have that depth and make the jumpman really pop on the metallic tongue.

Old flip box is absolute fire, glad they kept with what they originally told us they'd do with the box.

These will be a true GR and are releasing in regular, large numbers all at once on RD, unlike the recent 13's which you'll have a few chances at this quarter.

Can anyone that has these already give the "hidden" areas a good look over and let us know what/if JB has added anything unique for 2013 pairs? Like the "twentytwelve" stamp on the side of the tongue in last years IV's, or the "XIII" under the Jordan tab at the bottom of the tongue on last weeks XIII's?

Last edited:
For those that have these; I know what the box label says, but how does the red on the midsole look in person? Is it bright?
it looks like it should, but the blue tint on the sole matches the grapes better than these. everything else is pretty on point color wise.

They kinda look like the Olympic V's dont they?...might pass on these and get the other version later on in the year.

Pass, that synthetic leather on the 2013s looks so cheap and shiny compared to the 2000 retro. Makes it appear patented leather. :x :smh: Don't know why, but today's retros have gained a reputation of looking too shiny to me.

2013 Retro

2000 Retro

Last edited:
They kinda look like the Olympic V's dont they?...might pass on these and get the other version later on in the year.
Similar but still very different.

The Olympic V's had

- a royal/navy blue midsole

- speckling on the red "shark teeth"

- "23" on the heel

- matching CW on the inner lining

Looking good. Only thing I'm not super crazy about but I will get over is the blue tinted sole.

Looking good. Only thing I'm not super crazy about but I will get over is the blue tinted sole.
JB has been stuck on the icey blue soles for a while. Give them ayear, they'll yellow like all of the rest and start to lose that blue hue.

The only thing I'll get over is the Pleather shiny material like the WC4s that I easily pass'd but NOT THESE, UH UH, NOPE. :lol:

Pass, that synthetic leather on the 2013s looks so cheap and shiny compared to the 2000 retro. Makes it appear patented leather. :x :smh: Don't know why, but today's retros have gained a reputation of looking too shiny to me.

2013 Retro

2000 Retro

You realize it's all about how the photo is taken right? That second pair could look just as shiny if you had it on a black reflective surface with lighting set up the way the first pic does. The leather on this release seems consistent with most V's since 2006. And as per usual, too much emphasis placed on pics from people who don't understand photography.

Back
Top Bottom