Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

air-jordan-v-white-fire-red-black-arriving-at-retailers-1.jpg

air-jordan-v-white-fire-red-black-arriving-at-retailers-2-570x380.jpg

air-jordan-v-white-fire-red-black-arriving-at-retailers-3-570x380.jpg

air-jordan-v-white-fire-red-black-arriving-at-retailers-4-570x380.jpg

air-jordan-v-white-fire-red-black-arriving-at-retailers-5-570x380.jpg

I've noticed that some people have said "I'm passing on these to get the grapes".

Don't the Grapes come out in like April or May?? Does a January purchase really affect a April/May purchase? There's like 10 paychecks in between the two releases...

For real, doe?!

obviously they are Allowance collectors, from their mommy and daddy, not working/jobless

Well just like i thought raffle only.. so let me go out in this 7 but feels like minus 11 degree weather.. and enter these raffles 
mean.gif

I underestimated this release. Woke up today and figured i'll give a couple of calls to the stores I usually go to for releases just for the heck of it for info. They ended up telling me they gave out tickets yesterday and sold out of em. Couple others said the same. Was finally able to hit up a hidden spot that no one really knew about and they had my size and was able to get a ticket for it. Definitely did not expect them to release tickets almost a week before and didn't expect a ticket system for these either since I was already told last week that these will be FCFS sine it's not as hype (by the same exact stores). For the bred 13s, tickets were released a day or two before only. I suggest you guys to check your local stores right now for any info.

Last edited:
I've noticed that some people have said "I'm passing on these to get the grapes".

Don't the Grapes come out in like April or May?? Does a January purchase really affect a April/May purchase? There's like 10 paychecks in between the two releases...

For real, doe?!

It ain't always kids talking about their allowance, some of us older set (I'm 32) got other things/bills to pay, and the umpteenth pair of shoes that gets worn twice a year ain't exactly high priority.
I was pretty 'meh' on this V release from the start and the more pics I see, the more certain I am passing was the right decision. I ain't knocking the shoes (5s were always a top 3 for me), just that if a cw doesn't knock my socks off, that's more money saved. And now I can double-up on Grapes.

I did the same thing with the CG XIs, wasn't a huge fan but ended up doubling on the Concords the next year. *kanyeshrug*

For real, doe?!
yea i see that alot too and im prolly guilty of saying or thinking it. but i mean it as i dont want both v's and i like the grapes better so ill just get those. not passing for finicial reasons just preference but thats just me.

so are niketowns not doing their usual Twitter RSVP on this thing? NTNY tweeted that they will have RSVPs for 2 days for the BHM shoes (Wed/Thurs) but no mention of the Vs

so are niketowns not doing their usual Twitter RSVP on this thing? NTNY tweeted that they will have RSVPs for 2 days for the BHM shoes (Wed/Thurs) but no mention of the Vs
NTLA & NTSM announced there RSVP'ING on the 23rd & 24th.. Your local should be updating shortly I would think

My local FNL is doing FCFS.

Hard to gauge JB releases here in Austin.  Other than the XI's it likes hit or miss....

If these turn out as good as the Cement IVs did, I'll be happy with this pickup. All the whining about the leather not being good or real, but I've worn my pair dozens of times and they still look brand new, no weird creasing or anything. Compare that to my 2006 Militarys. Wow, we could have leather like that instead?! I mean it looks better because it's soft, but it's still paper thin and creases like nobody's business, looks terrible after a good number of wears. Sure, some high quality, full grain leather would be awesome, but they just don't do it for these kind of retros anymore. If you're looking for good quality leather on a retro, I think the White/Black XIII's dropping in March will be where it's at this year.

If these turn out as good as the Cement IVs did, I'll be happy with this pickup. All the whining about the leather not being good or real, but I've worn my pair dozens of times and they still look brand new, no weird creasing or anything. Compare that to my 2006 Militarys. Wow, we could have leather like that instead?! I mean it looks better because it's soft, but it's still paper thin and creases like nobody's business, looks terrible after a good number of wears. Sure, some high quality, full grain leather would be awesome, but they just don't do it for these kind of retros anymore. If you're looking for good quality leather on a retro, I think the White/Black XIII's dropping in March will be where it's at this year.

Well, I saw them today and the so called leather sucks. In my opinion, not leather at all. Doesn't even smell like leather. Just one big whiff of chemicals. Easy pass for me. Junk. I will save my $174. Retro or not, we should get better for the continuous rising prices.

super stocked just went into ftl and got a ticket. Im sucured for a 9.5! What an easy cop !
Got my ticket at footlocker today too. Wasn't an easy cop though (about 2 stores already sold out of tickets), it's so random around my area, footlocker releases tickets randomly you just never know and all the stores do it their way so its not a set time or day each is different. Unlike the bred 11s everyone knew ALL footlockers were doing it the sunday before, it was an official date. For these 5s...some gave it yesterday, some today, others were FCFS, and some got their shipment in but don't even know how they'll handle it which means prob a wed-fri ticket release. It's kind of hard cause u just gotta keep calling and some info they even give u are false.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom