Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

I hit NDC for the BHM collection while standing in line for the fire red V's! Struck out completely with the BHM collection but luckily there was a really weak turnout at my local spot for the V's! They probably still have sizes there! 

Yeah, I wouldn't listen to dudes saying go up .5 on these. I wear 11.5, and 12 in runners. I happened to get size 12 in Black Metallics, and they are baggy as hell! Stay TTS

Similar story here too.  My older cousin got the Fire Reds that year and I was enamored with them.  Begged mom for a pair, but she didn't think spending that much $$ on a pair of sneakers for an 11-year old was a good idea.  

But all that begging paid off because my first pair of J's ended up being the White/Infrared VI's the next year.  :pimp:   And since Jordans always released around Thanksgiving back then and my birthday was in November, almost every year after the VI's came out, my only present would be the new Jordans.  That always worked out great b/c hoops season always started right around then too.  Ahh....good times.  

I guess Jordan brand should attribute some of its success to mothers and their innate abilities to say "HAIL NAH"..You guys are a little younger than me. I begged for the Is. Mom took one look, saw 64.99 and proceeded to give me a quick economics lesson spliced with some not so colorful words. Now, whenever she comes to my house and sees the mountain of shoes, I simply look at her and say, "Your fault":rofl:

Picked these up almost an hour after FNL opened, still had about 20 or so pairs.

HOH wasn't opened yet, but there was NO ONE in line and they have 100 pairs.

Very easy "no camp" release. As far as quality, it is exactly same leather as WC 4s as people previously stated.

However, I am happy I got my pair. $139 was worth it.

Now here's my shots!

2dtsw15.png

2jbr89g.png

210f2xd.png

xdy24z.png

2ltlowz.png

A solid release by JB, in my opinion.

I am satisfied.

:smokin

Next up for me, is the Royal 1s on the 16th.

struck out at my mall. Each store only had 6 pair lls. Its a dead mall and normally pays off for me but it didnt today. Picked up a 4.5 for my girl tho should keep her happy when I get some other releases

Not a bad release at all. Woke up at 4:30, got to the mall by 6, then waited in line for 2 hours until Foot Locker, Foot Action, & DTLR to opened. Everyone in line walked away with a pair without any problems other than waiting in 34 degree weather for several hours.

Anyway, I took several pics for those who ordered online or just browse the thread just to see different pics of the same shoe lol.

I know a lot of people dont like the the blue tint on the outsole, but it's actually not as bad as a lot of pictures make them seem.
I'd have to agree with you, in pictures the sole looks much more blue then it actually does in person.

Pretty easy release for me too, showed up at the mall at 6:45 and the Foot Locker had already opened early, walked in, copped my pair and was home by 7:15 :smokin

First post on NT. Got tired of lurking around these forums and wanted to share the same passion for sneakers that all of you have. 

Got my size 10 on eastbay and couldn't be happier. Waited around the site for a bit and got it in my cart. Cant wait for this heater to get to my house next week. Appreciate the pics everyone has been posting and now this is going to make my wait more uneasy lol.

was able to cop off finishline mobile site struck out on ndc and all the other sites wouldn't let me add to the cart everybody at work was wondering what the hell I was doing lol

Picked these up almost an hour after FNL opened, still had about 20 or so pairs.

HOH wasn't opened yet, but there was NO ONE in line and they have 100 pairs.

Very easy "no camp" release. As far as quality, it is exactly same leather as WC 4s as people previously stated.

However, I am happy I got my pair. $139 was worth it.

Now here's my shots!

2dtsw15.png

A solid release by JB, in my opinion.

I am satisfied.

:smokin

Next up for me, is the Royal 1s on the 16th.

sweet pics. makes me want to cop them now, but i'll pass

still have a hard time believe these are iphone pics! :smokin

im about to release a size 11 and 12 on finishline dot com from my cart.
good luck to those that are still trying to cop.

Will check out my local stores. N will try half a sz down to let y'all know how they fit to for the people asking.

Pairs siting everywhere.. wow. I thought these would be gone in a flash. The 5 is definitely one of my favorites. I remember the Metallic's at my local Finishline for like 2 weeks after release. Congrats to everyone who copped, let's hope all future releases go this smooth.

Got to my local mall and there was about 40 people in line when the door opened. Everybody went to Finishline. So I strolled quietly on over to champs where 4 people were waiting lol. Easy Grab. AND... LOL and SMH at people still trying to flip these on Craigslist for $250+

Got my order confirmation in from Footlocker. Still can't believe I got through. Very happy. These are the ones that made me fall in love with Jordans back in 91.

I guess Jordan brand should attribute some of its success to mothers and their innate abilities to say "HAIL NAH"..You guys are a little younger than me. I begged for the Is. Mom took one look, saw 64.99 and proceeded to give me a quick economics lesson spliced with some not so colorful words. Now, whenever she comes to my house and sees the mountain of shoes, I simply look at her and say, "Your fault":rofl:

memories right here, seeing that $64.99 price tag. That might as well have been $6,499 based on my moms look when I asked her to get the 1's for me.

Walked out with some horrible Reeboks for $24.

And I also blame my Mom for my shoe habbit now. My 6 year old never goes without kicks now. I dont ever want him to feel disappointed at not getting some shoes.

Back
Top Bottom