Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

copped, but the quality of these are garbage compared to OG pairs, maybe you guys are hatin' since you don't have an og pair in your hands. but man oh man i seriously just got these cause the box lmfao. Thats the only thing i give these release over the OGs lol
The OGs actually had the OG box... so im pretty sure you have 99 Retros not OGs.

Its one thing to have a legit discussion about the quality of materials on JB releases, I think everyone would appreciate it if it was the top quality leather possible. It's another thing to come in and "brag" that they didn't cop and hate on everyone who did because of the crap materials that they know damn well they've bought on other shoes and/or will continue to in the future. It's the hater mentality that people don't like. I'm all for JB stepping the game up on better materials, but this discussion has gone on and on release after release and they still sell out in minutes regardless.
Stop basing all your thoughts on the fact they sellout on nikestore.com in a few minutes!!! EVERYTHING SELLS OUT ON THERE!
laugh.gif

Footaction and Champs had multiple sizes runs throughout the day even after everyone with tickets picked up their pairs today....

I'm so lucky it's chill out here in Austin. I just lollygagged at home all day and it wasn't until 6 p.m. that I started regretting not copping. I called around and every store had pair, but I went to Finishline so I can use the WC coupon. Got my pair for $151 plus change. It felt like the good, ol' days.

Didn't know if I'd be able to, but came through with a pair for $143.10 at my local FTL. These were NOT slept on over here (granted, that really doesn't mean anything because we hardly get 12 pairs at this FTL... but even the 13's 2 weeks ago didn't get scooped up immediately like these 5's did).

I think what happens is that dudes RSVP and then don't pick up the shoes. I'm pretty sure that the store RSVPs all of their pairs on Thursday. It's nice that they do FCFS afterwards. Nike Portland always does a second RSVP on release day after the initial pickup window is over.
same here in Nike SF they only re-RSVP if the unclaimed pairs are limited

Stop basing all your thoughts on the fact they sellout on nikestore.com in a few minutes!!! EVERYTHING SELLS OUT ON THERE!
laugh.gif

Footaction and Champs had multiple sizes runs throughout the day even after everyone with tickets picked up their pairs today....
I really think you missed my point.
laugh.gif

TEAR GAS!!! SWAT TEAM IN FULL RIOT GEAR!!! Not needed this time,,,quiet and pleasant experience @ the B BOY BEACH MALL. Even got a second pair. PEACE!!!

Why do people say "passing on these for (insert a different colorway that's releasing months from now) " like if they've never bought multiple colorways of the same shoe.

I guess it makes sense in your head.

No I didn't. You stated" they sellout in minutes" and I stated they don't...
Yes but you are missing the larger point I was trying to make and are just getting hung up on the way I worded the last part...the main point of the entire post was that people still buy them regardless of the supposed good or bad quality, if you'd like me to change it to "sell out fairly quickly within a day or so and aren't sitting on shelves for months".... would that be better for you?

Other sneaker companies make blue tinted and clear soles that don't yellow.
They must be leaders in space age material. so far, not even stone can resist oxidation. 

Maybe they've made something that ages slower, but I don't want to get into the scientific ish lol. 

But you clearly didn't address the rest of what he said bruh 
laugh.gif
Didn't care to.....No need to banter with the cry baby part of his post....

Just stated the simple fact the beginning of his statement was incorrect....

Your seriously happy with that shiny pleather? Your CDPs look 10 times better than these crappy plastics

I love this colorway of the V's, and I got over the cheap leather that they used on these lol. Thanks though.

they look the same lmao

They both have different leathers and the stitching on the Jumpman on the 2013 pair is a lot lazier, I noticed. It's things that you have to see in person lol.

I know what it is, and I understand it's inevitable after time. But I have 2-3 year old sneakers that are yellowed already. That's some bulli**** to me...if we can put a man on the moon, we should be able to figure out a way to slow down yellowing. It makes me wanna pass on icy soles, def a factor.
I agree with you, I just don't think JB cares that much, or no one is willing to spend a fortune in R&D to invent the material necessary that can be justified just for sneakers.

Moon Landing >>> Sneakers on the grand scale of priorities lol

I got my pair today and for me I went a full size down from 12 to 11's and they fit pretty much the same. Pretty happy on my choice with these and I plan on rocking them as soon as it's sunny over here.  

Anyway I was wondering what default store cleaner I should get for these? Or should I pick up some armor all wipes like they recommend on the maintenance thread? 

I got my pair today and for me I went a full size down from 12 to 11's and they fit pretty much the same. Pretty happy on my choice with these and I plan on rocking them as soon as it's sunny over here.  

Anyway I was wondering what default store cleaner I should get for these? Or should I pick up some armor all wipes like they recommend on the maintenance thread? 
Yeah...I went .5 size down and I still got enough room. These shoes are definitely big, they even look big lol. 

Back
Top Bottom