Air Jordan 6 "Black Cat" To Release 12/31/16

People complain that they're recycling old ideas, then complain about new colorways; they'll never win.  Personally, I appreciated the OG and the effort on new colorways.  Some are great, while others fail; buy what you like.

Agreed. However with this particular shoe the proiferatioms completely ruined them. I like the colorway and would have most likely purchased had it not been for them. I am all for new colorways, but it seems jb likes to mess up potentially solid retro+ colorways with stupidity by changing features on certain models or adding additional features that have no business being there in the first place.

Last edited:
First, let me say that I purchase my Jordan's to wear casually. My ball playing days are long over.

With that said I am very fond of all black Jordan's. I just like an all black shoe and was excited initially about the Black Cat VI's.

What I found disappointing about these Black Cat was the perforations. I could have lived with the sneaker if they had left off the perforations from the toe box area but unfortunately they did not.
From a practical standpoint, I think the perforated holes are a dirt catcher, they will surely fill up with dirt and debris over time.
Also, my theory is that the holes will accelerate the creasing in the toebox.

As a person who wears my Jordan's to do yard work and other domestic engineering duties those holes were very impractical.
I passed on them with no regrets.

Agreed. However with this particular shoe the proiferatioms completely ruined them. I like the colorway and would have most likely purchased had it not been for them. I am all for new colorways, but it seems jb likes to mess up potentially solid retro+ colorways with stupidity by changing features on certain models or adding additional features that have no business being there in the first place.
this^^^

I was so excited when Dino announced these. Then we got perforations...

The thing is, I feel like Jordan had some input on these... his awful taste in fashion. :smh:

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Leather was ok to me.

It wasn't maroon, but it wasn't bad either.

Bought these because I wanted a black leather sneaker in a 14 and this is what HOH had in my size. They aren't as bad as I've read in this thread. Dudes are dramatic.

I actually really like these, once they go sub $100 I will get a pair. A white lace swap will work for these.

I actually really like these, once they go sub $100 I will get a pair. A white lace swap will work for these.

Finish Line has these on sale for $170

Still a little bit to high, they look alot better in person

These are much nicer in person than on a screen.

Solid well built shoe. Wasn't a fan of the toe perforations though.

These are much nicer in person than on a screen.

Solid well built shoe. Wasn't a fan of the toe perforations though.
Gonna have to disagree with you bro. VIs one my fav retros. The quality I felt on these are shatty. They messed up the style, they messed up the core VI look, and they ****** the quality on top of it.
Worst release in a while.

Gonna have to disagree with you bro. VIs one my fav retros. The quality I felt on these are shatty. They messed up the style, they messed up the core VI look, and they ****** the quality on top of it.
Worst release in a while.

Completely disagree, I think the quality on this release is good. Most are turned off by the perforations , I like them. I will definitely buy a pair or two once they reach below $100

I just purchased them for 167 out the door picked up in store with the 50off200af on finishline. I added some jordan dri fit socks to make it a little above 200 so the code could work. If I take the socks back the shoes will be 155 out the door. Im going to paint the white portions black. That was how I always envisioned this shoe, and put black flat laces.

Sorry for the crappy job, but you get the idea :lol:

View media item 2320454

Last edited:
I just purchased them for 167 out the door picked up in store with the 50off200af on finishline. I added some jordan dri fit socks to make it a little above 200 so the code could work. If I take the socks back the shoes will be 155 out the door. Im going to paint the white portions black. That was how I always envisioned this shoe, and put black flat laces.

]

Here ya go
View media item 2320602

]

Here ya go
View media item 2320602
can't polish a turd

Loving these shoes. Dumb question for the 6 pros thought, do the lace covers normally snap off and on? Mine came off but immediately snapped them on. Just wanted to make sure I didn't break anything.

Wanted to know if anybody painted the white another color? Maybe varsity red? If anybody has a photoshop would love to see it

Back
Top Bottom