AIR JORDAN 8 RETRO "ALTERNATE" $190 February 25th 2017

Usual Saturday lines when I was at foot locker this morning to pick to the PG1.

Split between the 8 and 12 low. Some people grabbed both.

I'll pass on these for now, or I ever come across a pair sub $100.

Kinda salty jb didnt release dez Grail's an trolled Me with a play off low instead of Mid!!! Still copped just saying,would of been an amazing DROP!!!
IMG Got dez INA count down pack!!! Can remember what year they came out

These are actually really nice in person. I was pretty impressed with them in hand. Still would only cop at outlet prices because I'm not the biggest fan of a mainly white sneaker.

Idk if these are gonna actually sit for a real discount price. Look online they're starting to be out of 8.5,9..they're not flying off the shelves but won't sit for 3 months to cop a discount, barring outlet luck, of course

Idk if these are gonna actually sit for a real discount price. Look online they're starting to be out of 8.5,9..they're not flying off the shelves but won't sit for 3 months to cop a discount, barring outlet luck, of course

Full size run on snkrs app? I think they will.

Don't wait to long!!!who wants to pay above retail???Tax season too!!!Brings them all out...IMO

Last edited:
dog we have been through this before lol the cardboard underneath the insole does not mean theres no air

alot of ogsand retros have cardboard underneath the insoles

the air is underneath the cardboard

but in the case of the recent retro 8 there is only heel air not forefoot air

imo they either put cardboard there for stability or so the midsole paint doesnt crack as easily

No need to waste your time. To him the sight of cardboard means no air, he believes what he believes

Last edited:
For tax season JB has been pretty lax this year. They didn't really release a quick seller like the Cement 4s or Master 12s. Just overpriced 6s, 12 Lows nobody wanted and upcoming 15s nobody asked for.

if it's like the aquas which I'm sure it is, there isn't any type of tech under the insole. Same cardboard bs like the past retro 6s

dog we have been through this before lol the cardboard underneath the insole does not mean theres no air

imo they either put cardboard there for stability or so the midsole paint doesnt crack as easily

Eventhough the 8s might be an air cushioning vs. Zoom air they use the same techniques. @NobleKane was correct.

Via Solereview....

Benefits of this construction include excellent shape retention and effective cushioning from a lower volume of compressed material. We won’t leave anything to your imagination, though. We cut up the 2013 Zoom Vomero 8 to show you the innards of a Zoom Air midsole – the heel Zoom unit is very similar to what has been used in the Pegasus 31. And like the Vomero 8 and 9, the Air Pegasus 31 uses a cardboard piece over heel Zoom Air, adding stability in that area.

View media item 2348605
View media item 2348606
View media item 2348607

Eventhough the 8s might be an air cushioning vs. Zoom air they use the same techniques. @NobleKane was correct.

Via Solereview....

Benefits of this construction include excellent shape retention and effective cushioning from a lower volume of compressed material. We won’t leave anything to your imagination, though. We cut up the 2013 Zoom Vomero 8 to show you the innards of a Zoom Air midsole – the heel Zoom unit is very similar to what has been used in the Pegasus 31. And like the Vomero 8 and 9, the Air Pegasus 31 uses a cardboard piece over heel Zoom Air, adding stability in that area.
Excellent work, what part of SC are you from?

if it's like the aquas which I'm sure it is, there isn't any type of tech under the insole. Same cardboard bs like the past retro 6s

Via Solereview....

View media item 2348605
View media item 2348606
View media item 2348607
cellulose, aka WOOD
you can't feel that cushion at all cuz of it. Plus on the 8 it's the whole thing not just above it. I would like to see an actual recent retro cut not some non jordan shoe

No need to waste your time. To him the sight of cardboard means no air, he believes what he believes
Let me be more pc I guess
I'm sorry, have you worn these for 640 hours? Probably not. When I had to change the insoles I tried pressing down real hard and that's exactly what it was, hard. Zero cushion in the heel

You can't read minds btw
[emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I copped mine for $160 with tax on Sunday.   Had to go a size up (from 8.5 to 9) since they were sold out here in Atlanta.  I was told they run a little small so the 9 would actually be fine for an 8.5. 

Anyway, the shoes actually look even better in person.  I can see why these are selling out of stock.  Right now they are my favorites in my collection.  

In any case, I think I'm done with Js for the year. Bought 5 pair since December and I don't see anything that I really like coming out for the rest of the year (Pure Money 4s might be a possible exception-but I doubt it).  

Damn these are really nice in person, would have grabbed using the 30% pass but Seattle only had 9 and 14 left

Back
Top Bottom